I'm not a big fan of all inclusive hotels in general and this one was no exception. The hotel is nice with various pools and a pretty beach. However there are draw backs. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived well past 3pm and for some reason we had to speak to about 3 different people about our vacay package before we could finally get to our room. We were exhausted and just wanted to lie down. We decided to upgrade the $60 per day to be part of the preferred club. This is really only worth it if you're able to stay in the preferred section of the hotel which is quieter and closer to the spa and tennis courts. For the room upgrade we would have had to pay $90 more per day but they didn't have an available room for us so we were all the way in the other side of the hotel which was annoying. Just know that Internet IS NOT included in the price of the hotel unless you are a preferred club member. And the bandwidth is pretty small too.
The room was clean but certainly nothing to write home about. The mattress was firm but the pillows were pretty crummy. Everything I mentioned until now were just some of the minor inconveniences. The worst part is the food. I can't handle all inclusive meals in general but here was ridiculous. Avoid the World cafe at all costs. I call it the "mess hall" for obvious reasons (and its a mess). The best snack food we could find was the pizza by the main pool which was quite good. For dinner we did not enjoy the Bordeaux restaurant even though it looked nicer. Finally on our last night we discovered the Ocean Grill or Seaside Grill and that was pretty decent. It's located between the beach and building 2.
Anyways, it was a nice trip and all and the hotel isn't terrible but do be aware of the food situation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst a world of pristine beaches, lush tropical jungle and turquoise sea on the southeast coast of the Dominican Republic, Dreams La Romana is the perfect resort for singles, couples and families. Unlimited Luxury Enjoy the many amenities of Unlimited-Luxury at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, where nearly everything is included. Every gourmet meal, every fine wine and cocktail, and so much more. At Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, these amenities include: •Elegant accommodations with incredible views •Gourmet dining at eleven specialty restaurants •24-hour room service •Unlimited top-shelf spirits at seven festive bars and lounges •All day and nighttime activities and entertainment •Option to upgrade to Preferred Club privileges •Free WiFi and international calling with Unlimited Connectivity (coming soon) •Full breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks •Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks •Unlimited international and domestic top-shelf spirits •Complimentary mini-bar refreshed daily with soft drinks, juices, bottled water and beer •24-hour room service •Specialty restaurants with no reservations required •Themed parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues •Pristine swimming pools •Pool and beach wait service •Endless daytime activities and live nightly entertainment •Explorer's Club for kids with supervised activities •Core Zone Teens Club with teen activities •Fitness center •No wristbands required •All taxes and gratuities Unlimited Top-Shelf Spirits Enjoy international and domestic top-shelf spirits, fine wines and ice-cold beer at any of our seven bars and lounges. Then keep the party going with 24-hour room service and your own complimentary mini-bar. All of your favorite drinks are served without limit or expected gratuities at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa. World-Class Spa Indulge and invigorate your senses with a day in the Dreams Spa by Pevonia. Spanning more than 21,000 square feet, the on-site spa at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa offers a la carte treatment options ranging from the traditional to transcendent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa Dominican Republic/Bayahibe