“Paradise on Earth. I'm in love with Dreams La Romana!”

Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Bayahibe
GreenLeadersGold level
“Paradise on Earth. I'm in love with Dreams La Romana!”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Omg!! Where do I start? My hubby and I just came back from a week in Paradise. We fell in love with this Resort andhere are the reasons why: Amazing staff! OUTSTANDING service! The will treat you like a king or queen, and always with a big smile and telling you "its my pleasure". Everyone is so nice and they work so hard to make you feel good, the cleaning staff (Maribel such a nice lady, the waiters: Juan, William, Benjamin,etc) The entertainment team was AMAZING: Andy aka Coca Cola, you rock! Pablo Picasso, Capuccino,Jahaira,etc... Belkis the lady in the fruit boat. I can go on and on! . The food was delicious. I recommend to have breakfast and go for a snack at Seaside Grill. Oceana is another restaurant in front of the beach, loved it! Amazing seafood! The Patio is a mexican restaurant omg! Delicious food!..Himatsu has asian food, and Cafe World is buffet type! Nobody cant complain for food because you have plenty variety!. The beach is just perfect! White sand, turquoise Caribbean Sea, perefect weather, unlimited drinks at the beach, snacks,bbq's, fruits etc... The pools are great , you must try the pizza by the pool, deliciouss also the ice cream yummy!...Beautiful grounds, perfect rooms with balcony, lovely gardens with flamengos, nice lounges with live music, bars,casino, discotheque,theater, game room, romantic dinners for couples. A romantic, and mostly couples and family oriented Resort! I loved it and we are gonna make this our home in DR. I can't wait to go back next year. I miss you Paradise and miss all the wonderful staff!. P.s. Please people tip the service,I know is all inclusive but this people work so hard and they dont make so much. Hubby and I tipped everyone thay served us, everyday, is just a small gesture of appreciation, they truly deserve it and they will go out of their way to make you feel like gold :)

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Franceskconnor
, Manager at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear Franceskconnor,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing Dreams Resort & Spa in La Romana as the destination for your vacations and for taking the time to post a review about your stay together with us.

On behalf of our Hotel Manager, Mr. Angel Peña and his staff, I would like to express how happy we are to read that we were able to surpass and therefore provide you with an outstanding service.

We are very happy to read you enjoyed the excellent quality of food at our buffets and restaurants and the cleanness of our premises, and the outstanding service of our staff.
As you mentiones our all our staff members are committed to providean outstanding stay.
Dreams Resort & Spa in La Romana is thankful for your lovely comments about their work.

Thank you for mentioning the friendliness of Maribel, Juan, William, Benjamin and Belkys and the entertainers: Coca Cola, Pablo Picasso, Capuccino and Jahaira.

We will be here waiting for your upcoming visit at home.
Please contact us to help you enjoy your next stay with us.

Yours Sincerely,

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,231)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
Thetford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed at Dreams La Romana in April/May 2012 for 16 nights for wedding, our overall experience was fantastic and I can only see the negative reviews on here being from people with much greater expectations than ours...We are from the UK and booked through Thomson as a package holiday and felt we really got a good value for money on this basis, we noticed when reading reviews before we left that a lot of the negative reviews were from people a lot nearer the Caribbean and on 'short' breaks that they expect a lot from. This is a lovely modern resort with a lot of the resort recently renovated, there are no doubt better resorts available but you also see the prices jump dramatically for these resorts (at least here in the uk).

Although being an 1 1/2 hour transfer from punta cana airport (the last thing you want after a 9 hour flight) this certainly wouldn’t stop me going back tomorrow and this is soon forgotten when your welcomed 'home' on arrival with a chilled glass of champagne. The hotel is large with 7 'blocks' and sizeable grounds, that said it never felt crowded or too big and was just right for nice romantic walks and yet small enough to get to everything within minutes. We stayed in block 5 facing out into the 'preferred' area and this was perfect for us,right near to the central lobby area but nice and quiet. We stayed in a preferred room and enjoyed the extra facilities such as unlimited wi-fi,private lounge and concierge, as we were in a group of 12 and being the only couple with 'preferred' facilities I don't feel we made the most of it (we loved the private pool but rarely used it as we wanted to spend time with friends and family that travelled with us).The service was second to none and we were always welcomed with warm smiles and staff could not do enough for us, the only exception to this was the coffee shop which the whole group constantly felt disappointed with and almost like we were an inconvenience to the staff there, please bear in mind what I’ve said above that this was not fitting within the service we had from 95% of the staff. The overall cleanliness was outstanding, our room was always clean and tidy, the grounds were immaculately kept (there always seemed to be gardeners raking up leaves and keeping everything trimmed) I would have been happier eating in the toilets of this resort than some restaurants here in the UK. The Restaurants were a lot of the reason we choose this resort,7 a' la carte restaurants that don’t require reservations is unheard off in most all inclusive resorts and they didn’t disappoint,not all restaurants are open every night but this isn't a problem as you are given a daily newsletter the day before (under your door) that informs you what restaurants are open the following evening. We were a group of 12 and ate together most nights,often meeting at 7 and on only one occasion we waited over an hour for table...didn’t matter though we just had another drink while we waited. The food was of a very good standard (again please remember you are at an all inclusive resort ) for the money we paid, we had fillet steak in one form or another for most of the holiday, reviews on here that expect 'Michelin' style food really frustrate me, I worked as a chef for 7 years and really enjoyed the food here...if there was something we didn’t like we just asked for something else..its all inclusive ! As for peoples experiences of ' food poisoning ', I personally was fine all 16 days and never felt ill once, I have a strong stomach, a few friends and family that travelled with us felt a little ill at times but are adult enough the realise that they were eating rich food & rich drinks (often to excess) on a different time zone in heat they weren’t used to and drinking different water.....I think using the food as excuse for feeling ill is all to easy but often not the real cause. Whilst on the subject of restaurants I have to give a special mention to the breakfast at the seaside Grill, we felt this was a bit of a hidden gem as hardly anyone went there for breakfast, we sat on the deck most mornings looking out to sea ..perfect ! The staff here were particularly good , from Edith greeting us and showing us to our table,William taking our order and greeting us with a great “ hello my family “ every morning to Alberto,Jeffrey and Benjamin bringing food and keeping us topped up with coffee and champagne...stunning. The drinks were good with a mixture of local drinks and premium brands used,the lobby bar you could get bottled beer (Budweiser and Miller). My only disappointment is that you could only get corona in preferred or the Mexican restaurant and that you couldn't get Baileys here ( it was a substitute called 'molly’s..still nice but not Baileys). The Champagne here is lovely and goes down far too easy..breakfast,lunch or dinner ! The activities were good with the schedule being advised a day in advance via the daily newsletter, there was lots of things to do from basketball,pool, archery, Spanish lessons,snorkelling,gym,tennis to name a few. The entertainment team were brilliant, always trying to include you but never overstepping the mark to annoy you into joining in. We had lots of fun with Picasso,Coca Cola and Carmelo standing out. The evening entertainment was pretty good with a good variety and we never see the same thing twice, our favourite was the Michael Jackson tribute,the magic show,circus and the karaoke. The music in the lobby every night felt a bit 'dated' (two old guys with a piano) and when a guy and his guitar turned up on a Sunday night it really injected some life into this area and it was a shame he couldn't have been there more evenings. The swimming pools were very nice,clean and never really overcrowded, The infinity pool is the more modern pool and has stunning views but you have to counter this with the fact it had a swim up bar so often attracted lots of young 'spring break' Americans/Canadians that were very loud and very irritating (not the resorts fault). The main pool is generally quieter but they would often have the local music on here a little too loudly and they have a stage here that also came to life later in the day. The preferred pool was perfect...nice and quiet and relaxing with a lovely 'infinity' view. Our wedding was amazing and we couldn't have hoped for more, although we booked through Thomson we dealt directly with Jenny (wedding co-ordinator) via email from the start, for any worry we had none of it mattered when the day came (even Jenny being taken ill the day before the wedding and having heavy rain during our dinner on the beach) the staff here work so hard(minimum 10 hour days, 6 days a week) that it all just comes together...we would highly recommend this resort to anyone looking to get married in the Caribbean. Thank you Jenny ! We had generally good weather with a few scattered showers over the 2 weeks (sometimes really heavy) , it probably rained about 4 of the 16 days but it didn’t bother us, we went and had a coffee or went in the jacuzzi and let it pass..no bother ! Despite my comments above about the staff the coffee shop is a lovely little touch for this resort with a nice few coffees and pastry’s to try. The spa was lovely, good service and a real treat. Room service (24hr) is a nice touch too and although we only used it once it was very good and even included a courtesy call a little while after to check everything was OK . Beach towels are included and can be changed daily at the beach, the beach itself was nice with soft sand and crystal clear, calm,warm water (the pictures really don't do it justice).

Overall our wedding/Holiday was brilliant ! Maybe we're not fussy, maybe we have low expectations...maybe we're 'nice' people so got treated 'nice back !? The biggest testament I can give to Dreams is that within a month of being back we have booked to go back in April next year for our 1st Anniversary, we hadn't been on holiday for 4 years previous to this so to make this commitment it really had to impress us.

As the staff would say... “excellente” !!

Room Tip: Blocks 4 and 5 are nice and central to everything, Preferred is fantastic but not sure its worth the...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank sneakydanny
Dear sneakydanny,

On behalf of our Hotel Manager, Mr. Angel Peña, I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us and for choosing Dreams Resort & Spa in La Romana for your holidays and honeymoon.

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor and for highlighting our excellent services such as grounds, lovely pool, lovely beach, nice room and good food. We appreciate these comments as they have been our general area of focus for the past year.

This always provides great motivation for all our team to continue and strive for an excellent service at all time and gives an equal amount of satisfaction to the effort provided.
Thank you for emphasizing the friendliness of Jenny our Wedding Coordinator, Edith, William, Alberto, Jeffrey, Benjamin from our Sea Side Grill restaurant as well as our Entertainment team, Picasso, Coca-Cola and Caramelo.

We understand that there is always room for improvement and our guest’s experiences plays a key role in this continuous process.

Once again thank you for all your positive comments in hope to be able to Welcome you Home again soon.

Please do contact us and inform us when you will be arriving.

With kind regards,

Rudy Richardson,
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I don't know where to start! I have stayed at a lot of all inclusive resorts all over the Caribbean, so I speak from experience in comparison to my other trips. My 3 friends and I shared 2 rooms and the hotel was very accomodating in placing us in rooms next door to each other. Check in and out was as smooth as can be. Every member of the staff encountered at this hotel is ready to go out of their skin to make your stay enjoyable. Kenia was outstanding at booking dinner reservations, making sure we were happy with our food, and was full of great advise, not to mention was a pleasure to be around. The beach is the best we have ever seen. The entertainment team deserves a lot of praise. Night time shows were outstanding. The hotel puts a lot of thought and effort into creating professional looking shows. Day time entertainment team is what really made our stay the best. Activities offered throughout the day and night keep you busy and engaged. Aerobics, stretching, water gym, volleyball, dancing on the beach, etc. are all lead by energetic, kind, and fun guys that engage you without being too pushy. Coco Cola, Coco Loco, Eddie Murphy, DJ Francis, and Joly were amazing! Alexis the barman from the beach bar was the funniest and kept us coming back just to hear his crazy antics.The rooms are spotless and are kept very well. Stay at building 4 if you can because it is closest to pool, beach, buffet, and lobby. Try to make reservations for special restaurants to avoid waiting for close to an hour if you arrive without one. French and dominican restaurants were outstanding. Mexican was great too. Oceana and sea side grill were not great at all. The buffet may not have the largests selection I've seen, but the food is good and everyone can find something good for them. The disco was great and a lot of fun, which is nice to have on premices. Daniel, the barman from the disco goes out of his way to cater to you! The spa is gorgeous and we were all pleased with our services. An overall pleasure of a trip! Definitely returning and recommend staying there! Make sure to book a flight to La Romana airport (LRM) which is 15 mins away. If you book a flight to Santo Domingo or Punta Cana, you are looking at a 2 hr drive that costs more than $150 for the two way trip.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank mp7246
, Manager at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear mp7246,

On behalf of our Hotel Manager, Mr. Angel Peña and his staff, I would like to express how joyful we are to read that we were able to surpass and therefore provide you with an outstanding service.

We are very happy to read you enjoyed the excellent quality of food at our buffets and restaurants, the cleanness and aesthetics of our premises, and the amiability of our staff.

As youmentiones our all our staff members are committed to provide an enjoyable stay.

Dreams Resort & Spa in La Romana is thankful for your gracious comments about their work.
Thank you for mentioning the friendliness of Alexis, Daniel, Kenia and the entertainers: Coca Cola, Coco Loco, Eddy Murphy, DJ Francis and Joly.

We will be here waiting for your upcoming visit.

Please contact us to help you enjoy your next stay with us.

Yours Sincerely,

Philadelphia
Reviewed June 16, 2012

My husband I booked a week at this resort to celebrate our 2 year anniversary. It seemed like a good value for cost offered thru CheapCaribbean.com.and the number highly positive reviews. We requested a 3rd floor room in Bldg 4 which is pretty central location within the resort - no complaints there. The drinks were ok - Bahama Mama & Pina Coladas were good. All the liquor was basically 1 brand called 'Normandy' - local, perhaps? As for wines, in order to get anything decent, you had to purchase bottles. The house red was nasty, the white okay. I mainly drank the sparkling, but got sick of it after a while. We are foodies, and expected more from the dining given the great reviews. We found the food here very average, rather bland. I ordered a half chicken one night at the Seaside Grille - beautiful location right on the water. It was supposed to come with fruit salsa, but arrived as 2 pieces with lots of bones and was smothered in brown gravy. The French & Italian restaurants, as most people commented, were definitely the better choices. A week later, my husband & I are still dealing with intestinal issues. I'm not sure the water they serve is all that purified, or if it's how the fresh food is prepared that gave us these problems. We're won't be returning to this area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank newscubagal
northumberland
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Stayed here for two weeks as a family with teenagers (upgraded to preferred) and hotel was wonderful. The food was great in all restaurants, the rooms were comfortable. The beach and pools were very clean and we would all love to return sometime. Probably the nicest hotel we have ever stayed.

Room Tip: Preferred pool and beach are lovely would recommend.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank martindales
Torquay, England
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Well what can I say! We have visited this hotel for the last four years and we still cant belive some of the negative reviews on this page. I still havnt seen anyone in pain with food poisoning, or met any of the misreable staff in the resteraunts. Still what we lve abou this reort is just the opposite of this the rooms are cleaned daily and the fridge stocked if required, the staff from checking in to leaving are all courtious and helpfull, the food in all resteraunts is good and the service is first class. The entertainment staff work very hard for the benifit of all visitors and will go that extra mile. If you come to Dreams please make sure you visit the swim up bar and get alexis to mix you a cocktail, also please say hello to Belkis on the fruit boat hewr smile lights up any day. To finish my trip for next Feb is already booked so I will be back in paradise for the fifth time.

Room Tip: Block 5 is always a good bet
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TENPIN
Dear TINPIN,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your loyalty and for your 4th visit at our Dreams Resort & Spa in La Romana and for taking the time to write some comments about your stay with us.

In the name of the Hotel Management and all our staff, we want to express how thrilled we are to read that you had an excellent time at our resort.

At Dreams we are committed to provide quality service in order to ensure an unforgettable holiday to our beloved guests.

We have extended your regards to Alexis and Belkis as well as the rest of the team, for which they are thankful.

We hope to welcome you back home again.

Please feel free to contact us before your next visit so we can help you to enjoy it.

Best Regards,
Karlsruhe, Germany
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We booked 4 days at the end of may 2012 in dreams la romana. I was travelling with my dad and from what the travel agency told us we expected a lot of this place. especially since we booked the honeymoonsuite to have a more comfortable stay and a ocean view. The first thing that upset us was that we had to pay the taxidriver 95 dollar to get to from the airport to the hotel. On the way back they even charge you 100$. Its a 1,5 hours drive on a good road but be aware to add 200$ to your spendings. Once we got there we were led into a privat area which they call prefered club here the standard was close to 5 stars but i imagine in standard room it is absoluteley not!
the hole complex is huge and walking distances are big.
the rooms are nicely funitured and climatisation is good. but our honeymoon suite faced the crowded beach with aerobics at 9 am and noisy wedding partys at night !!
BUT THE WORST THING WAS : WE BOTH GOT FOODPOISENED during our 4 day stay !!!
plus the staff in the restaurants were unfriendly not all of them but we had some wierd experiences.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
11 Thank karl s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bayahibe
Casa de Campo Resort & Villas
Dreams Dominicus La Romana
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
#14 of 111 in Punta Cana
Now Larimar Punta Cana
Grand Bahia Principe La Romana

Been to Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!