The best thing about the holiday was my experience with Gri Gri Divers. It is not very clear but they run the free watersports for Dreams La Romana - they are fantastically experienced with all things water especially the diving. I got my PADI Scuba Diver last week out there being instructed by Alberto and Andreas who were great. Bayahibe is one of the best places in the Caribbean for dive sites and snorkelling. I snorkelled off the beach at Dream La Romana - lots of marine life. The diving is amazing and the reefs pretty pristine.
Don't listen to the hotel/travel reps who tell you not to book anything with people on the beach (including Gri Gri Divers who run Dreams watersports - very confusing) the reps try to sell you deep sea fishing and snorkelling trips in Punta Cana which is 2 hrs away!! I went with BA Holidays and our rep from Amstar when I asked him about fishing and snorkelling told me blatant lies about there being 'no fishing and snorkelling in Bayahibe and you have to go to Punta Cana' - I was outraged as I did all my research before I booked. The reps are getting commission for all the trips they sell you in Punta Cana. This low level corruption has got to stop otherwise it will take all the business away from Bayahibe. Dominican Republic is a great friendly place and the staff at the hotel were lovely. Food good, Core Zone for my kids fabulous with pool tables and table tennis, Xbox etc. The beach off the hotel was amazing. Sleep quality was terrible - lots of noisy people - first time ever on holiday had to make calls to concierge about noise on 3 nights. Don't be lured in by the letter you will get about being a VIP guest - it is just to sell you upgrade rooms or time share - not quite sure what as I didn't go to the breakfast meeting but they are annoying sales people. As I said the thing that made the holiday was the GRI GRI Divers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst a world of pristine beaches, lush tropical jungle and turquoise sea on the southeast coast of the Dominican Republic, Dreams La Romana is the perfect resort for singles, couples and families. Unlimited Luxury Enjoy the many amenities of Unlimited-Luxury at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, where nearly everything is included. Every gourmet meal, every fine wine and cocktail, and so much more. At Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, these amenities include: •Elegant accommodations with incredible views •Gourmet dining at eleven specialty restaurants •24-hour room service •Unlimited top-shelf spirits at seven festive bars and lounges •All day and nighttime activities and entertainment •Option to upgrade to Preferred Club privileges •Free WiFi and international calling with Unlimited Connectivity (coming soon) •Full breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks •Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks •Unlimited international and domestic top-shelf spirits •Complimentary mini-bar refreshed daily with soft drinks, juices, bottled water and beer •24-hour room service •Specialty restaurants with no reservations required •Themed parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues •Pristine swimming pools •Pool and beach wait service •Endless daytime activities and live nightly entertainment •Explorer's Club for kids with supervised activities •Core Zone Teens Club with teen activities •Fitness center •No wristbands required •All taxes and gratuities Unlimited Top-Shelf Spirits Enjoy international and domestic top-shelf spirits, fine wines and ice-cold beer at any of our seven bars and lounges. Then keep the party going with 24-hour room service and your own complimentary mini-bar. All of your favorite drinks are served without limit or expected gratuities at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa. World-Class Spa Indulge and invigorate your senses with a day in the Dreams Spa by Pevonia. Spanning more than 21,000 square feet, the on-site spa at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa offers a la carte treatment options ranging from the traditional to transcendent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa Dominican Republic/Bayahibe