Our first family trip to Dreams La Romana was in October 2008. We had been to other resorts and places in the DR but nothing really made a memorable difference until we visited Dreams.
I think it was the unique and balanced combination of the locale, resort, beach, pools, staff and care that made our first stay there different and inviting enough to want to go back again and again! From the first welcoming minute we were greeted by an extraordinarily warm and efficient staff which genuinely seem to like what they do!
The resort is very clean and well kept and staff members are consistently working to keep it that way - whether sweeping, mopping, trimming trees etc., etc.. Everyone is so very pleasant and eager to accommodate and the occassional language barrier than one may encounter with the cleaning or wait staff is certainly overlooked by their attempt to understand what is being asked of them. A little innovative sign language and more often than not you will get what it is that you are asking for -- accompanied by a big smile at that! The upper staff all communicate well in English as well as several European languages. There are all sorts of activities that both children and adults can participate in which make for fun days... and then there are the trips and excursions that one can take -- at an extra cost.
If I am not mistaken there are seven restaurants for dinner (some open on alternate nights) plus the World Cafe which serves buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner on a daily basis. The food is very good and I think enough variety to satisfy different tastes. And if all you want for lunch is a quick burger, chicken, fixings you can have that right on the beach from the grill or grab a pizza at the stand by the main pool. Fruit is available right on the beach from mid-morning on. The left side of the World Cafe is even open throughtout the night in to the wee morning hours (with obviously a much more limited buffet) for those who want to grab a bite. You must stop for a hot chocolate or delicious cup of coffee at the Coco Cafe where you will also find pastries.
The nightly entertainment shows are very enjoyable and there, also, you can see the amount of care that goes in by the tireless staff which seem to work in various capacities in order to stage them. They put some really entertaining shows but never make guests feel pressured to participate -- just inviting. The casino and disco also open nightly and let;s not forget the bars & swim up bar.
We have made this an annual destination, and time permitting, we will probably make more frequent trips in the future. I think the staff there has really grasped the art of hospitality so combine that with the natural beauty of the area, the absolutely tranquil light blue-green sea, the nice premises and all it offers, and you have the perfect vacation!
I would wholeheartedly recommend this to friends and family, which I have, but please see for yourself! You will truly find the nicest group of people working together at this truly beautiful resort, waiting to make your stay a very pleasant one at a truly beautiful resort! I am very, very happy to have discovered this Caribbean gem and very much look forward to my soon and upcoming vacation there!!!! Surprise yourself and book a vacation at Dreams La Romana -- you will feel a familiar sense from the moment you walk in even if never there before!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst a world of pristine beaches, lush tropical jungle and turquoise sea on the southeast coast of the Dominican Republic, Dreams La Romana is the perfect resort for singles, couples and families. Unlimited Luxury Enjoy the many amenities of Unlimited-Luxury at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, where nearly everything is included. Every gourmet meal, every fine wine and cocktail, and so much more. At Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, these amenities include: •Elegant accommodations with incredible views •Gourmet dining at eleven specialty restaurants •24-hour room service •Unlimited top-shelf spirits at seven festive bars and lounges •All day and nighttime activities and entertainment •Option to upgrade to Preferred Club privileges •Free WiFi and international calling with Unlimited Connectivity (coming soon) •Full breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks •Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks •Unlimited international and domestic top-shelf spirits •Complimentary mini-bar refreshed daily with soft drinks, juices, bottled water and beer •24-hour room service •Specialty restaurants with no reservations required •Themed parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues •Pristine swimming pools •Pool and beach wait service •Endless daytime activities and live nightly entertainment •Explorer's Club for kids with supervised activities •Core Zone Teens Club with teen activities •Fitness center •No wristbands required •All taxes and gratuities Unlimited Top-Shelf Spirits Enjoy international and domestic top-shelf spirits, fine wines and ice-cold beer at any of our seven bars and lounges. Then keep the party going with 24-hour room service and your own complimentary mini-bar. All of your favorite drinks are served without limit or expected gratuities at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa. World-Class Spa Indulge and invigorate your senses with a day in the Dreams Spa by Pevonia. Spanning more than 21,000 square feet, the on-site spa at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa offers a la carte treatment options ranging from the traditional to transcendent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa Dominican Republic/Bayahibe