$101
$95
$189
$148
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $187/night.

Catalonia Gran Dominicus(Bayahibe)
$158
$122
  • Breakfast included
Villa Baya Aparta-Hotel(Bayahibe)(Great Value!)
$60
El Eden Hotel(Bayahibe)(Great Value!)
$59
Cabana Elke(Bayahibe)(Great Value!)
$90
$65
Hotel Bayahibe(Bayahibe)(Great Value!)
$88
$54
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Iguana(Bayahibe)(Great Value!)
$47
$15
12,903 results
All reviewsseaside grillworld cafepreferred clubmain pooleddie murphypreferred poolpablo picassofruit boatjungle restaurantolio restaurantinfinity poolswim up barentertainment teamglass of champagnela romanacoffee shopbutler service
Reviewed April 11, 2011

We (my wife and our two teenage daughters) just returned from Dreams LaRomana on Saturday, April 9th, 2011. We were there for 1 week. I will start by saying that I openly admit that my standards are high and that I am comparing the resort to MANY others both 4 and 5 star that we have sayed at.
The rooms and resort are tidy and the resort is well maintained. My only concern regarding the rooms is that due to this hotel's age (even though there have been extensive renovations) the walls in the rooms are paper thin. This meant a lot of external noise from other rooms. Now, we always request the upper floors to avoid noise from people above and the hotel and our travel agent did honor those requests. We stayed in the preferred section and I will tell you I would ONLY go if I was in the Preferred. It allows you all the action fromt he entire resort but provides you the opportunity to go to your own section (either pool or beach) and relax in peace. We never had an issue finding places on the beach (Preferred) while many areas on the regular portion were overcrowded and loud. We always had a Palapa or two if the girls wanted one as well. Upon arrival my wife and I upgraded to the Ocean Front Suite and while a little pricy it was well worth it!! The staff in the Preffered private lounge were awesome (in particular Eddy). They always greeted us by name and had snacks and preffered upgraded drinks available for our choosing. We had heard that the internet was slow on the resort however we never found this to be an issue in the prefferred lounge...where the internet is free. The rest of the resort has to pay for the internet use.
There are many restaurants available and we never had any issues getting into the one of our choice. There are no restaurant reservations....you simply show up. Now if you wanted to pick one of the busier resaurants and showed up at the peek time (ussually around 7:45 - 8pm) then you may wait 5 min but it was never a big deal. The resaurant staff are nice and try hard...even if some do struggle with the many foreign languages they must try and learn. The food however is where I have issues. Its at best, just ok. Everyone will always have their favorites and least favorites. The best according to my family was the Italian while the worst was most likely the Asian. We enjoyed the World Cafe Buffet for breakfast and the the beachside restaurants for lunch. The overall issue was with food quality and the small menue choices (most only have a choice of 3 starters, mains and desserts).
Now, there are a number of privately hired time share sales people on the resort. We knew about this going in and we were prepared. If you generally avoided them then they didn't bother you. I will admit that when we were approached I was polite but extremely direct that I was not interested in discussing anything with them and that they would only recieve this one polite reponse. After that, we were not bothered.
The pools are tidy and with three to choose from everyoe can find a favorite. The entertainment staff and activity staff work very hard. We always received a warm greeting and huge smile from "Coca-Cola". They have lots to do..if you choose. The nightly entertainment is nothing much to speak of but we never expect too much at this type of resort.
As always the weather in the Dominican Republic was warm and enjoyable. If at all possible, do yourself a favour and make sure you are flying into LaRomana airport. Many tour operators offer the hotel but fly into one of the other airports and then your stuck with a drive of at least 1 1/2 hours where as the drive from LaRomana is 20 min.
I would say that overall we enjoyed our vacation however in all fairness I would most likely not return. There simply is not enough selection or quality of food that we have come to expect. This would go for the drinks as well.

Room Tip: Prefferred section ocean view
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank JohnDWong
Reviewed April 11, 2011

We went to dreams 8 in the family and we could not fault the place everything about it was terrific we could not ask for better the staff were great and that goes for all of them nothing was to much trouble I would recommend the place to anyone and if I get the chance to go back there I would so thanks to all staff members there for giving us all a great time.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank pfryer
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Just returned from 2 weeks at the dreams resort la romana and had a great time. Was pleasantly surprised by the relaxing beach, quality swimming pools and good standard of food and drink. We particularly enjoyed the beach grill restaurant and the great service that we received from santo, mega and their colleagues.

However I feel that it's only right to highlight the bad points as well which are as follows;

1. there was a clear difference between the service that you receive from the restaurant staff and the bar staff. We tipped the restaurant staff well as they deserved it but there wasn't enough bar staff around with hardly any waiter service which could result in queues and frustration when waiting to get a drink in the evening. They were a bit miserable too!

2. The time share people hassle you most days. They wear what looks to b the hotel uniform and hover around the hotel lobby area so you aren't exactly sure what their role is at first but they do pester you which is something that irritated us. We were on holiday to relax and enjoy our time there and then, not plan for our next holiday. They were quite polite to be fair but persistent and we had to take detours to avoid them.

3. It was such a shame that we had on average 6 hours sleep a night due to the noise that echos around your room from adjoining neighbours and people passing by. This is due to the rediculously thin party Walls between rooms and in some cases a shared doorway between them. This really was hurrendous, as we could hear every word of our neighbours conversations and is the only reason we would not return to this resort. The receptionist Isabella was v good and moved us to a different room which was slightly better (no shared doorway) but I still had to buy ear plugs which did little to attenuate the disturbance.

Like I say in general we had a v good time, and it was excellent value for money, hot weather, with a variety of nice bars and restaurants. Points 1 and 2 above are more general improvements that could b made however if you like your sleep point 3 is something you need to seriously consider before booking.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed April 9, 2011

We stayed at Dreams La Romana for 2 weeks arriving on the 23rd March until 6th April and it was the best holiday ever!! We went here for our honeymoon and will definitely be returning. The staff were all very frienly and worked the clock round. The entertainment team were great especially with the kids.

The food on the resort was fantastic, we didnt have a bad meal once and didnt have the same meal twice!! The world cafe was good as it done a mix of all types of food, the al carte restaurants were lovely too!

Our rooms were spacious and kept spotless the maids were in everyday cleaning them, we also had a mini fridge in our room which was stocked everyday.

All the pools and the whole of the resort was spotless always being maintained, and the beach was just paradise.

There was a few people who would try to sell the new vacation club but once you said no thanks they left it at that, absolutely no hassle at all.

All round excellent holiday and will return!!!!!

Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank julie-ann M
Reviewed April 9, 2011

This place is great.. very well situated so that nothing is far away.. we stayed in bldg 4 which seemed like the perfect central location. We had 3 children with us, ages 7,10 and 15, so we needed two rooms... had adjoining rooms with king beds and roll away and it was very comfortable for all of us. Would recommend if you go to bed early or have kids that need to get to sleep before 11:00 pm, that you request room that is not facing the main pool... the shows run every night from 9-11 pm and it is very loud. The staff is awesome... so friendly and fun... especially liked Alex, Gammael, Alejandro (waitor in Mex restaurant), and the Apple Vacation reps Walkeria, Kerry and Kenya... they went out of their way to make sure we were happy and comfortable.

The food was great... never had a bad meal, enjoyed the variety at each of the different evening restaurants. My only complaint about the food would be that there were not very many places to eat at lunchtime... would have like for The Patio or The Jungle restaurant to be open during lunch. Lobster dinner on the beach is very tasty... had to pay $100.00 for 5 pounds of lobster... which fed my family of 5 just perfectly.... it was well worth the money. And... because we were there through Apple Vacations, my family was treated to a special meal at the French restaurant one night. Usually children are not allowed to dine there.. but they have a special room where they seated us.. and we ordered from the French menu and had our own private waiter. They also brought us a lobster and shrimp platter as an appetizer that was complimentary. The coffee shop was an excellent compliment to the experience... especially since I am an avid Starbucks fan.

The snorkeling was nothing to write home about... we have been to Cozumel and to Mexico snorkeling and this place does not even compair to that... so we did not opt to pay for a snorkeling excursion... also, the waters were sort of choppy most of the day so it was not ideal conditions.

The activities were plentiful and the drinks were great... my kids enjoyed drinking many of the specialty bar drinks without alcohol. The kids also enjoyed the CoreZone with all the games as a place to escape when they had enough sun. Felt safe enough to let them roam around while my husband and I relaxed at the pool or the beach. Speaking of beach... loved it. Sand was hard... not like our beautiful Michigan beach sand... but what can you expect on an island made mostly of coral rock. Was a bit surprised that bathing suit tops were optional at the beach... but it was fine and very casual.

The preferred club really needs to just go away. Can't imagine the rooms were that much different than ours, their pool was far away from everything, their beach was not in a good location, and their yellow towels reminded me of the Dr Seuss story of the Sneetches who had stars on their bellies... and they pranced around thinking they were better than everyone else. We had a good laugh at them many times, especially when someone pooped in their "preferred pool" and they had to come and swim with us blue toweled common people. Next time I go... I am going to bring my own towel that is yellow and blue striped just for the fun of it!

The vendors that people complain of were really not that big of a deal... they were there only 2 of the 8 days we were there... and it is easy to avoid them by just walking to your destination via a different route... and we were NEVER approached by anyone offering a time share.

We took one excursion to Altos de Chevon... it was worth the time and money... learned a lot about the history of the DR and the town was just an amazing site to see... but do your research ahead of time before you go there.. as we did not have a guide while in the town to tell us the rich history of this city... we were kind of on our own to roam for an hour. Also on this excursion we stopped at a Cigar factory, a baseball stadium and took a river boat ride while having lunch... very enjoyable day.

Overall, I would say that the people at the resort really made our vacation an amazing experience... dont be shy and participate in the activities and they will take very good care of you. And book your vacation through Apple Vacations!!!

Didn't make it to the spa. The fitness center was adequate and served its purpose... the yoga, pilates and aerobics on the beach were good. The shops were interesting and seemed to have all that you could ask for if you forgot something... not too expensive.... even had a little medication counter where you could go and just purchase one or two pills for a dollar if you needed something.

Room Tip: book through Apple Vacations
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family