Here is a list of things to consider:
- It takes more than 20 minutes to bring anything, even ice or tea;
- The waiter refused to “edit the dish” and consider a fish allergy and remove the caviar from the beef dish;
- The waiter did not explain that the beef will be served quite raw, which my pregnant wife was not allowed to eat and said that they cannot cook it a bit more - it took 10 minutes of negotiation to persuade them to do it - but it is just they way they always said “No” to everything we asked and the tone;
- The white wine that we were already having was mixed up with the wrong bottle when we asked for more;
- The food was okay, but I wouldn’t say it was particularly special;
- It took half an hour to organise the tea;
- The birthday cake was not very nice and we were told that cakes is not their specialty but they could have organised a birthday dessert in Italian style;
- The waiters would takes ages to top up our glasses and wouldn’t bring ice;
We tried our very best to concentrate on the positives, but the service was absolutely awful. Out of all the Michelin star restaurants we visited in France, Italy and Spain, this one is easily the worst restaurant service that we ever experienced. It all started on a negative note as soon as we came and staff kept telling us that they were making exceptions by allowing us not to have the set menu for everyone and then literally not enough attention throughout the whole evening with only two waiters serving the whole restaurant. It’s important to note, that Italian guests received a much better service than us. Even when the other guests started to leave, it would still take ages to get a response.
We had to wait more than half an hour to get our bill, half of the family left, so after numerous reminders we decided to leave. The staff ran after us and told the taxi drivers not to leave. The manager came out and didn’t speak English at all.
It was a special occasion, my father-in-law’s 54th birthday and it was absolutely ruined!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.