“Didn't want to come home”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sarigerme
Holiday Village Turkey Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Sarigerme
“Didn't want to come home”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We have just come back a couple of weeks ago it was amazing the staff are superb the food it really good although the world grill which you have to pay for isn't worth going the food in the palace hotel was better. The entertainment staff did an excellent job. We had a family room for 5 which was a bit small but you only sleep in it. The on site barbers is superb a nice treat. Already looking at holiday villages for next year

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Roof269

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (824)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Booked a week long stay at the holiday village turkey after enjoying the Egypt H.V this was fab kids loved it and so did my mother all round good entertainment and great location would definitely go back

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank Louise W
London
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My parents, my husband and two 3 year old and 1 year old sons have just returned from a 10 night stay at the end of October, just as the resort was winding down for the season. Ignore the 'horror' stories about this hotel - I really don't know what all the fuss is about! There are some minor things that need changing but overall this is a very good hotel. The grounds are immaculate and well tended to and the staff are very friendly and attentive. Sometimes we had to wait a full 60 seconds - shock horror! - for a drink but overall you got served straight away. We stayed in a suite that is a little dated in style, but you don't spend your holiday in the room, do you (plus I heard from a reliable source the rooms are getting renovated next winter)? The food was delicious but then it's just the kind of thing my husband and I enjoy - bundles of fresh salad and grilled meat and fish dishes. There's a separate buffet for children which does tend to stick to safe choices like pasta, pizza, chicken nuggets and chips, but I tended to get them food from the main buffet as well. Expect to find different themed food nights such as Italian/Turkish/Asian - where I stuffed myself silly with delicious sushi! - as well as there being rice and pasta based dishes every night in the main section. Breakfast offers you eggs, pancakes, danish pastries and baked beans, etc - as well as cereals, fresh fruits and a delicious selection of bread. There's also toasted sandwiches available at the Chill out bar and delicious freshly-made pancakes at the pancake house. You won't go hungry!

Yes the pools were cold - but it was right at the end of season and the sun wasn't able to heat them adequately! As we went right at the end of October it's not something we could moan about! I imagine if you went in the summer season right through to September there would be no problem at all.

There are plenty of things to do - from the spa, where we enjoyed a fantastic massage each, to the beach, where there are plenty of sunbeds and lovely soft sand for the kids to play in. The kids were well looked after, with two kids clubs which my 3 year old LOVED.

The only real 'negatives' I can see are the fact there are no lifts up to the suites, but I didn't read the listing so that's my own fault when booking! If you have a buggy - or a double buggy like we did - it would be best to be on the ground floor. I also didn't like the fact you have to pre-order what you want to eat when booking in the a la carte restaurants, as I like to savour the menu when I am sat down! The paid for steak restaurant could also do with a few more options - our main steaks were DELICIOUS but the starter of chicken wings came with chips which is not the kind of thing I like. They should consider changing it to a paid for Indian restaurant - us Brits would flock there for a good curry! It would also be nice if there was a specific beach bar set up at the resort - but the beach may not be private so I am unsure if they can do this. Granted, it's only a two minute walk to the Chill Out bar with the nearest toilets and drinks access, but it would be nice if there was a bar right on the beach.

Overall we had a very enjoyable holiday at this resort and are planning to go back there again next year. I'm quite a fussy person, so if I'm saying I'd come again then I must have enjoyed the holiday!

Room Tip: We picked a suite next to the 'relax pool' which was great
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
11 Thank Claire R
Harlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I ended up admitted to turkish hospital with food poising! Food was left un covered for far to long!to many cats wondering in and out of the food court climbing on surfaces! The milk made my gran daughter ill just thbakful she didn't get food poisoning! Pools were freezing! We were told it was because of the storm that hit 4 days after we arrived but they were already freezing from the day we arrived! They advertise free wifi but the only place you can get a wifi signal is if you sit ontop of the router on the reception desk! Would never go back. Not advisable for small children

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank ratnage
Oakham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Having heard all the horror stories about turkey I swore I would never visit the country. However leaving booking until the last minute left us with no choice but to visit for some much needed winter sun. I can honestly say the country, the weather and scenery were superb I have paid twice as much money and ended up in far worse places. The only reason I have not rated this holiday as excellent is not to do with the country but the hotel itself. We travelled in a group of 7 of which there was two adults and 5 children 3 aged 11 one aged 7 and one at 4. For me to say we had any problems would be remiss but was it a fantastic hotel and worthy if an excellent rating the answer is no. There were parts that were great in particular the kids club, the beach and the weather, but as with many reviews we experienced the same disappointments in particular the food, the cleaning and the service but did this spoil our holiday nope not in any way. The biggest let down with this hotel is the pools they are absolutely freezing to the point the kids were turning blue, the hotel and indeed the holiday is based around the pools of which there are many but they are almost unusable which is really a travesty. My wife spoke to the rep about this but her response was find something else to do unfortunately because of the location of the hotel there is nothing else to do. For this reason I would not return and I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone my kids adore the pool and spend most of their time around the water so this proved very disappointing. The other problems with this hotel are easily overcome but unfortunately not this one. So if you like us enjoy spending time in the pool don't choose this hotel find one that has a heated pool. If your thinking that the pools are warmer in the summer then think again I spoke to one of the first choice staff and off the record he told me the pools are freezing all year round and they receive hundreds of complaints about it but all fall upon deaf ears. Turkey is great place for a cheap holiday with great weather I can thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael R
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This was our first family holiday since we became parents. Our 2 kids are both of pre-school age.
We had a wonderful time. The children loved the swimming pools, the beach and the various kids clubs that were available.
The food was always of a high standard, with enough variety so there was always something our children would enjoy.
The whole place is kept in immaculate condition and there was a nice, relaxed family environment for the whole of our stay. We were here for 10 nights, and never got bored.
Highly recommended family destination.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Killkev111
Evesham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful hotel. Everything spotlessly clean, friendly staff, food good and varied. Drinks could be a bit better, but no worse than any other all inclusive place! Pools were freezing, but then it was end Oct/Nov and can't expect them to heat pools for the sake of a couple of weeks...at least it was not enough to lay by them!

Only fault was its location...absolutely nothing there. Had a few fantastic trips out, but went a bit stir crazy when none booked! The beach was awful, found 2 needles in the sand!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarigerme
TUI Family Life Tropical Resort
Spa Hotel ThermeMaris
Spa Hotel ThermeMaris
#1 of 3 in Dalaman
Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa

Been to Holiday Village Turkey Hotel? Share your experiences!