Holiday Village Turkey Hotel
$312
HotelQuickly
Otel Bella(Sarigerme)
4,551 results
All reviewsfirst choiceholiday villagepancake ladyadult barfootball academyice creamchill out barkids denturkeymain poolswim academypancakesjacuzzi poolraft buildingmy sonswimming lessonshigh ropes
Reviewed September 28, 2013

just returned home from a weeks holiday to the holiday village in Turkey
this was our second visit as we had enjoyed it so much last year ( not often we return to the same place twice ) last year our party consisted of my husband, my 15 year old daughter and myself this year again us three and my elderly mother also joined us.
We had two standard rooms as feel the family room would be a little cramped for four adults and my mother has a bad leg so tends to get up and walk about in the night.
a good variety of food and plenty of it. to be honest drinks from the bars not great if you are a drinker as very weak and not good quality ( also mostly served in plastic cups )
beautiful pools to suit all ages, clean well manicured gardens.
very well catered for children with loads to do but not much in the way of evening adult entertainment.

2  Thank lynette s
Reviewed September 28, 2013

nice clean hotel , staff work very hard , reception staff helpfull ,,great pool areas couldnt fault the daytime around pool .. entertainment staff work very hard during day to amuse all ages .. friendly sort of place as its huge hotel with lots of guests ...downpart was for teenagers nothingmuch at night for them they all seemed to congregate to foyer at main entrance on the wifi as games room within hotel is rather expensive ... they could do with using conference room for teeneagers at night some music , juke box internet cafe on free wifi ... food repative if u like chicken this is place for you ..didnt reliase you could cook chicken so many ways every day becomes boring, lots to eat but same all day every day .. nice restaurants to try in hotel takes the reptative out of diner and snacks ... adult bars same every night if you like quizzes this is for u .... entertainment do banter in these bars along with quizzes ..not every night became boring same jokes could do with acts brought in after all this is an expensive holiday .... alcoholic drinks worst ive ever had in a complex served at night in kids tupperware plastic cups if u were lucky ... bar staff took no time when filling them sometimes half a cup .. poor show on their behalf .. .. very boring at night .... its okay if you have younger kids the entertainment team are good and offer a fantastic night for them with lotsof singing and dancing .... each to there own on this hotel but wasnt worth money we paid could have been better ... i added this hotel on facebook and had lots of banter before i went until i decided to right my views and opinions on hotel as i said each to there own but if u have anything negative they delete you poor show on admin team for this ...... people of aLL walks of life are here and friendly never had any problems ... but defo woludnt return .

Room Tip: ask for a suite rather than a double ... better rooms big and spacious .
1  Thank shirley575
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We arrived at 5.30am and check in was quick however the room we got was disgusting! It smelled of dirty bathrooms and damp (4016)!!! All the wood furniture was very dated or broken!! The floor was tiled throughout which was no good for us as we have a 17 month old! We managed to sleep for a few hours then went to reception to complain. We were dealt with very promptly and given another room which was much more our cup of tea, closer to amenities and carpeted, oh and no smell! The maid was lovely, she didn't speak much English but was very helpful, we left her a nice tip xx

Food is great for adults, lots of choice. I especially want to draw your attention to the deserts - YUMMY..... The chocolate stuff was amazing, I have never seen cakes look soooo good. The restaurant can be a little bit like a cattle market but if you get in early then its not too bad. Food for our toddler was not so great the choice was poor and cutlery is not provided (ie smaller forks and spoons). Our daughter would only eat chicken nuggets at lunch and dinner!!! At home she isn't fussy so I suppose it could be down to the heat etc but still, there was a spaghetti, chips and chicken nuggets/cutlets or fish fingers not so great :-(

Creche was brilliant, the girls there really seem to love children. My daughter had never bben away from me (other than with family) but she went to the girls happily. My only concern was that she picked up Hand, foot and mouth but this could have happened at home!

Entertainment is brilliant, they are around all day around the pool and then again in the evening (not sure if they ever get a break!!!) The night time stuff does start a little late 19:45 and our toddler was getting grumpy by then! Saying that, the entertainment team do their best and are fantastic. The adult themed stuff kept us happy anyways (while trying to get the baby to sleep).

The pools are great to, quite cold but the size of them is amazing and there are always things going on in and around them. The swimming instructor (Kirsty?) was brilliant in the parent & toddler group, remembering all the baby's names and making it very fun for the babas. The other entertainers were brill on the mics, getting everyone involved.

All in all, it was a great holiday, the weather is amazing, it was in the 30's all week but there was a little breeze so you could cope. I would say that the complex is massive and there are lots of people so you will not get any peace and quiet (no quiet room anywhere) saying that, it was what i expected.

A final point to think about is that there were some chavs around but I suppose you get them everywhere and you don't have to talk to them do you!!!

3  Thank Cazza0307
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Went to the HV Turkey for two weeks, 6-20 sept with partner and our 3 (nearly 4 lol) year old daughter and had an amazing time. This was our second HV after travelling to the previous HVM so we had some idea of what to expect.
The first great thing is the transfer time from the airport which was less than 20. Then check in which took 5 mins and your bags were taken to your room, we tipped the porter, and they happy with sterling.
We had the standard family double room. The bed was massive! And v comfortable, I am not good sleeper and partner has bad back but both slept well for the two weeks. There was sliding door between bedroom and lounge area which had the sofa bed which our daughter slept well in, it did seem quite hard but she was happy. The tv was in this room - there were not many channels, not that I am complaining and the fridge was also in that area. There is no kettle in the room so you need to bring with you or hire from reception (travel kettle would be cheaper).
Bathroom fine with good shower over the bath.
Complex really clean and tidy and gardens v pretty.
Loved the swimming pools we got beds in front row of main pool every day, most days we reserved about 8am. There were 7 pools so never too busy, most of activities around main pool and our daughters favourite. Slide pool great two, the slides open twice a day for 2 hours at a time. Our daughter is 1.1m and was able to go down them all by herself (she can swim well) and loved that. They also did the Swim Academy lessons in the other end of the pool, Kirsty was v good, she taught Bethany, front crawl, breast stroke and butterfly! £35 for 5 sessions and £5 each for any extras.
The entertainment time were great always something to do, but never pressured people into joining in. They work so hard often all day and night! We went to i5live every night which was really aimed at the children but the team, Smithy, PJ and gang were also fun for us adults too. Didnt often stay for the later act but the few we did see were very good. Stevie in the adult bar was also good fun although we only managed to go there a couple of times when daughter fell asleep in pram.
The kids clubs were great my daughter really enjoyed, there were 6 sessions a day from 10am til 11pm! Our daughter only went to one evening session, the chocolate party, great fun for £5 but don't send them in good clothes.
The food was good. Breakfast was lovely, fresh omolettes were yummy. Lunch was good, jackets, salad etc, evening loads of choice too.
I didnt feel you got pestered in hotel?
The photographers were around each day, we had some amazing photographs at brill prices.
The spa was good too, paid 45 each for turkish bath, face mask and then massage. They will try to sell you extras, more massages extras but we said no and that was fine.
The clothes shop in the complex next to shop that sold papers was very good.
Got a couple of lovely pieces of jewellery from shop again in hotel, they even bought some old rings off me for much more than I got offered at home.
Trips - did Captain Popcorn trip with FC, we enjoyed the day but it was expensive £87.50, and we were top at last minute the pirate ship was not avaliable so ship not as advetised and no foam party, think this was due to lack of demand due to quieter time.
Also did 3 in 1 trip with Basket travel (see review for details) was only £40 for full day so very good value and really enjoyable.
The village was on 5 minutes or so in taxi, should be 10 lira - not £5 as they tried to charge a coulple of times.
Few shops here that you could buy loads of clothes, headphones, dvds etc. Shop keepers all lovely didnt feel pressured and they loved children. Also lovely shop on left hand side half way selling hand made towels, scarfs etc which were lovely.
Went to The Street bar a couple of times, nice food reasonable prices and lovely pool to use.
As you can see we loved it! Like to try other places so may not return, Ibiza HV booked for 2014, but would highly recommend

4  Thank Lisaplymouthplymouth
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We holidayed here on the last week of August 2013. When we first arrived we were immediately impressed with the reception - big light and airy - with loads of people on ipods, iphones and ipads (free wi-fi!) In summary the hotel and it facilities were brilliant, we (Me, Husband and 2 kids 10&7) spent all day every day in the pool and chopped and changed between all the pools - the slides operate 10.30am -12.30 and 3.00-5.00pm. and all of the pools are lovely - with nice lifeguards who don't sit looking moody all day! There was a 'noisy' pool where you can join in with the daytime entertainment or you can just go to one of the other pools and do your own thing. The reps work SO hard throughout the day and night and you have to admire their energy and enthusiasm in all that heat (it was HOT) As others have mentioned the sunbeds are all reserved from about midnight onwards and if you are like us and don't wake up until 8.30/9.00 you've had it! One day we couldn't get a bed at all - but again we spent so much time in the pool that we ended up hardly using the beds anyway! The pancake lady makes LOVELY pancakes - save some room for one of these delicious treats - and the chill out bar is a lovely place to sit during the day to cool off and get some peace!
When we first arrived we did feel bombarded by 'salesmen' who wanted to sell us a Turkish bath and massage at the spa, watersports on the beach, family pictures and so on but I am glad to say we did have a Turkish Bath and foam massage and it was absolutely lovely! Totally recommend this and cannot wait to return to Turkey so we can experience it again - they even included the kids and they loved it too!
If you have kids, bear in mind there is a toy stall and also popcorn and candyfloss that is on sale and chargeable. (5 lire).
Our children are not 'Kids Club' kids so I can't comment on those, although the activities looked varied and fun. We did not make use of many of the facilities on the complex as the kids just wanted to swim all day! The beach is worth a walk down to as it means you walk through the hotel gardens although when you get to it, it isn't the most attractive beach but we had fun in the sea a couple of times!
Food: I was not sure what to expect of Turkish food but I have to say it was lovely! and if you are not up for trying it you will certainly find plenty of other choices - I thought the food was fantastic at this hotel! I would recommend booking the BBQ night as it takes place in the bar area outside and makes a change from the hustle and bustle of the main dining room. Which brings me to my next point - the dining room is HUGE (It has to be there are 2000 people to cater for) and therefore very noisy - it took us a few days to get used to noise and busyness of the dining room - it isn't helped by the fact that as you walk down the stairs from reception towards the dining room its like you are in the middle of a busy shopping centre, but as I say once you get used to it, its fine - thankfully the food is so nice it makes up for it! One thing I would say is I hated the napkin situation - I HATE the paper napkin dispensers on the table and would have preferred a cloth napkin to use. ( a personal choice). Another thing I could not stand was the drinks being served in plastic blue beakers - a glass of rose just doesn't taste the same out of a plastic beaker - I know the they have to be careful during the evening because the entertainment is in the same areas used in the day so breakages could cause accidents but the 'beakers' were horrible! (again a personal choice).
Bedrooms: The rooms were a nice size, beds comfortable and the bathrooms a good size with a nice powerful shower. My only small gripe is I thought there was a lack of drawer space considering we had a family room. I was very pleased with having the use of a free safe as we have paid for the use of a safe on previous holidays.
We found the Turkish people to be very friendly and very welcoming and we will definitely be visiting Turkey again. I would go back to the holiday village but will be trying another resort as Sarigerme, although a nice little village, is very quiet and we would like to see a bit more of Turkey and what it has to offer.
3 last points: 1) don't feel the need to change up money for lire as everything is advertised in £.
2) There are a lot of fakes in Turkey as there are no copyright laws and they are good fakes but make sure you go into the village as the shop at the complex is much dearer! and 3) The airport at Turkey are strict about luggage not going over allowance, each 1kg over =£15 and if you have no money you will be escorted out to the cashpoint to get some! So make sure you don't overfill your cases!
If you choose to go here you shouldl have a great time - we did!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family