Holiday Village Turkey Hotel
$41
Dolphin Apart & Hotel(Sarigerme)(Great Value!)
$49
$45
Otel Sevgi(Sarigerme)(Great Value!)
$44
$41
  • Pool
Lady Rose Bouitque Pension(Sarigerme)(Great Value!)
$39
$33
Sarigerme Apart(Sarigerme)(Great Value!)
$26
$24
Ozlem'in Masali Stone House(Sarigerme)(Great Value!)
$39
$209
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
4,550 results
All reviewsfirst choiceholiday villagepancake ladyadult barfootball academyice creamchill out barkids denturkeymain poolswim academypancakesjacuzzi poolraft buildingmy sonswimming lessonshigh ropes
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I want to write a comprehensive review of this resort and provide a detailed unbiased analysis of the facilities and entertainment.
I had read previous reviews showing a positive light on the hotel and its facilities, as well as reviews describing it as 'Butlins in the sun'. Having never stayed at a Holiday Village I was led to believe that they were child focussed and family friendly. Therefore, I put my faith in First Choice and expected a highly successful company to make good on its claims to one of their 'Holiday Villages' and booked for a 2 week family holiday with my children aged 7 and 2 years.
Oh how naive was I.
I don't live in a 'Village' and don't particularly want to as I was unaware it meant being treat like a sheep in a cattle market. I am British and love a good queue as the the next Brit but having to queue daily for limited supply of eggs with milk, omelette, boiled eggs and especially the fried eggs for breakfast or pizza/burger and chips for lunch or sautéed vegetables/turkey/chicken or veal and chips in an evening can be very testing in 40 degree heat.
Ah but don't worry because you have the family entertainment to get you through the days, with a limited number of songs played to the queuing masses at the same time every day,day in day out, not to mention the daily quiz to keep the grey matter active, whilst you are at the back of a very long line of people who are waiting for the 'chef' to cut up another very long pizza bread.
I'm sorry I drifted off there for a moment and formed a queue at my oven for my partner to cut me a slice of pizza and the obligatory portion of chips.
Ah but again the cleanliness of the hotel lobby makes the queuing all the more palatable, shame that cleanliness couldn't be replicated into our suite. The maid would arrive whenever she felt like it, on a number of occasions whilst I'm attempting to bath 2 children and get them dressed and looking at me puzzled to why I didn't want her cleaning the room. However, when she did 'clean' this usually meant straightening the quilt and emptying the bins. Whilst forgetting the basics like ensuring there is enough toilet paper!!! leading me to chase round after the cleaners and taking toilet rolls from their carts.
This all seems negative and it is meant to be unbiased. So my respect goes to the kids club reps who were very hard working ensuring my eldest enjoyed all her activities. My respect also goes to the Turkish employees who also worked very hard and endured long hours, which I assume was on very little pay.
However, having stayed at other hotels in Turkey on an all inclusive basis this resort has to be ranked as the worst. I worked hard over a number of years to save my money to go to this 'Holiday Village' only to be let down. If I wanted mind numbing drivel by the pool/poor service/chips and greasy food coupled with fouled mouthed drunken English people I could have saved my money gone on the sun bed and stayed in England.
I have put this holiday down to experience and I will not be going back to any 'Holiday Village' anywhere in the world. I am not recommending this resort but that just my opinion. Looking at other reviews on this page and your happy with spending thousands of pounds so you can have short transfer times and an amazing jewellery shop and enjoy queuing then this is right up your street.
As for an unbiased analysis, it was impossible because my experience was so poor and I got bored of writing about this substandard hotel and resort, so I have decided to stop writing and formed my own queue in my kitchen for my healthy option food of boiled chicken/sautéed vegetables and rice.

Room Tip: I was in a suite and if this is the best of the room choice well god help anyone who chooses anything below this standard because the suite were basic at best. Best advice on a room is to book into a different hotel in Turkey as there are better hotels with better rooms.
7  Thank KMD1968
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Village in Sarigerme for a week between 6 and 13 June with my family which (including myself) comprised 3 adults and a 9 year old. None of us had been to Turkey before and were very happy with the hot weather (came back with great tans) and the close proximity of this resort from Dalaman Airport (25 mins)' especially as we arrived on a late flight.

This is the first 'all inclusive' trip I've made as most of my trips are flight only. For me, I needed a week away to relax in the sun but with the option of doing as little or as many activities, ie spa treatments, gym, diving and day trip excursions if I wanted to. I only managed the gym and spa treatments (which I recommend below) although I did meet the dive lady who was very nice (Latvian) and popular with some families.

You will read many mixed reviews on this resort (people can only comment on their own experiences and some will always appear much worse than others) but, like anywhere, this is to be expected particularly for a resort of this size which has to cater for a wide range of people and of all ages. All said, this is a family resort (so singles or couples unless you want to just eat, chill and sleep, this is not the resort for you try Oludeniz about an hour and a hal from Dalaman). However, as this Holiday Village is such a large resort, personally, I didn't feel I was surrounded by screaming infants that I felt that I could not relax and enjoy the experience.

That said there were some 'pooing in the pool' incidents which caused the main pool (which is huge) to be closed for 3 of the 7 days (the hotel had no choice for HAS reasons) which is totally unacceptable when so many people pay good money for a family holiday away. In my view the hotel, Thomson/First choice should restrict use of the main pool for infants, instead they should have 'nappy pools, so that if the parents fail to put nappy swimmers on their little ones in these areas and their children poo in the pool then the entire resort is not affected. Accidents do happen but come on parents, it's not rocket science and there is no excuse for this irresponsible behaviour. They even sell nappy swimmers at the resort! Despite the prompt action taken by the hotel to close the main pool on these 3 days, a lot of people, including my family, required medical attention (both when we were there and when we returned home) for really bad ear infections which is usually associated with dirty pool water and so for some, their holiday time was spoilt.

Here are some of personal 'pro's and con's' (hopefully balanced and constructive) of my stay at The Holiday Village, Sarigerme:

The good things:

* Nice resort, lovely gardens and a variety of pools, including slides, and close to a private beach
* Hotel staff were genuinely friendly and helpful with instructions on arrival (unfortunately we did not have the right beds in our room on our late arrival which was irritating but this was sorted out to our satisfaction by the next day).
* Late night buffet on night of our arrival which was very welcome, particularly as Thomson had run out of many food selections on our Bristol flight.
* Our 3rd floor family room was adequately spacious, quiet and overlooked the gardens.
* room nicely air conditioned as the temps outside were in the 40 degrees
* Hotel areas and our room were kept clean throughout our stay - with one exception when our towels were taken away and not replaced, we had clean towels every day.
* Nice shower pressure and with constant hot water
* Food (all inclusive buffet) was plentiful. The evening choice was a bit random for me, even on the themed nights which got a bit lost. Great soups each evening (usually a choice of two) and salad selection. I struggled with what to have with it as mostly it was fried food and I have to agree with others' reviews, that chips were The main staple. Maybe that's what the hotel thinks all Brits eat. A la carte restaurant menus were limited (perhaps because the Brits like the randomness of the buffet) so this did not entice my family to try a la carte.
* Breakfast choices were very good - cereals, fruits, yoghurts, pasties, cooked breakfast (no bacon) and a choice of eggs (boiled, scrambled, fried, omelette) each day.
* Other food options in the day included jacket potato bar, toasted sandwiches in the Chillout Bar, main buffet area and ice-cream and you must go to the Pancake House!
* Drinks - great coffee and tea selections, and soft drinks. Alcoholic drinks - I had the local white wine with dinner which was fine and the odd cold lager. I wasn't intending to have a boozy holiday so can't comment on other drink selections but believe all inclusive is local spirits only.
* Hotel activities & shopping - we didn't venture to the Sunday market in Sarigerme as we had all experienced haggling before in Egypt and Morocco and because we made some good purchases in the variety of shops in the hotel. The two guys in the handbag shop are great and also next door (Sadex, shop keeper) had all the jeans, hoodies, tees, vests, you name it they have it! Watch your weight on the way back though as the airport has zero tolerance when it comes to luggage allowance. They charge £13 per extra kilo and so many were caught out.
* Games room, including ten pin bowling and pool tables - great for after dinner activity with a 9 year old who aspires to beat me at pool (I take no prisoners when it comes to pool)!
* Free wifi in hotel lobby - worked better in the day when less people on it - was for emails but FaceTime or Skype didn't run very well in the evening due to volume of users. Don't roam as Turkey is extraordinarily expensive. The reps will tell you.
* Last but definitely not the least, Ocean Spa. Buy your treatments from Sunny (or his colleague can't remember his name) who come by the pool or book directly at the Spa. Either way they will do you a deal on the prices in their brochure. I had the Turkish bath, algae mask and full body massage (£45) at the beginning of the week (bath involves a scrub so do that early on) followed by 4 deep tissue massages over the course of the week to deal with knotty areas in my back and shoulders. I can recommend 'Aiyou' who performed my first massage (best full body massage I've had) and 'Panar' for the deep tissue work. The Spa Manager speaks very good English and can explain the treatments to you. They also have a book with treatment information set out in different languages. The Spa surroundings were very relaxing and you were made to feel very comfortable. Individuals and families were having the Turkish baths, although the kids only had a bit of the face treatment to be included in the experience.

A few 'not so goods' and suggestions for improvement:

* The 'pooing in the pool' incidents mentioned above, which I hope the hotel and Thomson management will address (and soon) so individuals can not spoil other folks' holidays (it appears to be a recurrent issue from the recent reviews). People were even talking about it and the sickness incidents at the resort on my friends plane home to Cardiff and they went to Oludeniz, which is not good public relations for the Holiday Village.
* Queues for ice cream - as free ice cream only available from 3 ish for an hour or so each day. Otherwise there are other ice cream stands all day but you have to pay.
* the availability of hotel pool towels was an issue on at least 3 of the days where non were available and you were asked to go back (sometimes more than once). Not great when you've got to try and find a free sun bed without a towel already on it and no-one to be seen! The activity of putting towels out early and going back to bed to me is ridiculous. Sunday was the best example, no beds available, all had towels on them but yet the pool areas were quiet as everyone had gone to the market! Not sure though if this is a hotel matter, more of a european mentality and behavioural one!
* the number to call for assistance on our room phone for went through to public relations and not reception. We had to call the number as we had not towels one evening when we were showering for dinner. We called the number twice and both times the person on the other end said they would send towels up but no towels arrived. We later realised that reception had no knowledge of our request and so the towels came later that evening (at least we had towels for the next day).
* overall, I found our Turkish colleagues to be very friendly. The waiters in the restaurants, the bar and hotel staff and the cleaners. We owe it to ourselves to say hello and to be polite too (it appears some holiday makers forget their manners when on holiday!) However, one pool bar where it was noticeably not the case, was next to the jacket potato bar where they were quite rude to the 9 year old in our party (who is mild mannered and polite) and generally on that day. We didn't sit near there again so as not to have to deal with that.
* No AC in the gym - not even fans - this let the hotel Spa and gym facilities (which otherwise had adequate equipment) in my view. Two of us in our party of 4 used the gym several so I'm not the only saddo! I was training for Race For Life when I got back which was a doddle after running 5k in the heat of the hotel gym!
* while the wood effect flooring which surrounds all of the pool areas looks aesthetically pleasing, so many people slipped and fell on it. Not only the kids whose parents were constantly telling them not to run, but people of all ages. I think the potential for a more serious injury to happen is high if these surfaces, particularly immediately around the pool sides, are not replaced with perhaps a 'felt' or similar more absorbent finish.
* whilst you can get coffee in the lobby I think it would be a nice touch to have a kettle and tea and coffee in the room.

I hope the above is a helpful review. If some of the above issues are looked at then this resort would fly. It's a very pretty and well maintained resort otherwise and I have some great pictures to prove it. Our 9 year old did not join the kids clubs but there appeared to be lots to do for the children as many of the reviews would suggest.

Have a lovely holiday!

Room Tip: Our family room was 3229 which was very quiet, overlooking the gardens.
2  Thank Nessalou_44
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Just returned from a two week stay here like most of the previous rev was presently surprised with the food plenty to choose from , will focus on the best I liked baked potatoes and toasties at chill out bar are good , being veg I always had plenty to choose from , even plenty of meat for my son and husband boyh of them were fussy and tend to get bored with buffets but they enjoyed it , cleanliness was superb always cleang round you ,your plates even the complex it self is immaculate , yes there are times us holiday makers do make mess and do not pick up but they do eventually get round to you or clean tables , they are not robots they do there best ,,,,,,,, I am not going to pick on things here as like most people saved all year and hey we're on holiday make most of it and stop moaning lol ,,,,,,never seen kids clubs like this ever and I've been goin abroad for past 18years structured planned and each age group tailored to there development stages , fun etc staff done a very good job ,, from half nine till half nine at night not all day but specific times through out day , my little one who is 3 was not interested we wanted to join in lol but what I observed I was impressed ,,,,,people have already before explained evening entertainment couple of bars to choose from I five etc , disco at chill out bar ,,,,,,,, would recommend you do take time out of hotel if you can felt a little clostraphobic after a week visited sairagerme town bought some of the usual stuff there quarter of price of hotel , even crisps got 3 packets what we payed for one at hotel so stock up lol locals friendly and as visited turkey loads not to pushy ,,,,,,,and defo need to book trips from basket again cheaper and well facilitated we done mud baths turtle beach which was so relaxed and fun , husband son done jeep safari said was best one yet as they done in marmaris before,,,,,,,over all this is a great place from food , hygiene , staff are very pleasant and hard worked , there is things to do activities if you join in , we didn't but still enjoyed sun , pool etc ,pancake lady and ice cream was amazing good quality not that watery ice cream ,,,,,, would I recommend this then yes would as you never really have to spend a penny yes some kids will find stuff but hey your on holiday ,,,,,,would specify that as it is a complex there's nothg close by except as mentioned saregermie 20 m walk or min taxi away I prefer places near walking distance as we needed pharmacy a phew times meant taxis , but we knew this before booking ,,,,,,,,,,great place , food , people and rooms are comfy and clean

Would say though we did get a 24 hour bug wilst been there but didn't spoilit it , it's just something you get it's due to heat and its in the air........so if your a mother with small children take the normal things a mother always has like calpol , thermometer , small items to pack ,,,, we did need these my child was fine but you need peace of mind in a different country ,,, otherwise good holiday and negatives are picky and minimal ,,,, good luck and have a good holiday :)

3  Thank Trina S
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I would advise anyone to go here the hotel is spotlessly clean they tidy up constantly.the food is top class with unlimited choices, the staff are always helpful. The pools are constantly monitored for water quality etc, it is just a place where you can have a holiday to relax and forget about work,home etc etc and just chill out. It ticks every box. Love it!

1  Thank Joe S
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We came back from turkey a few days ago and have had the best time.This was our first trip abroad with our three children, I was nervous! But shouldn't have been as the hotel is very child friendly. The kids clubs are run by English play workers. The lunch bar and resturant has a huge selection of food. Everything tastes so delicious that I have easily gained a stone this week. The beach is beautiful we beach combed in the evenings as the sun was setting. The evening entertainment is really good. We really liked the chill out bar as adults can have a dance and little drink whilst the children sleep in there push chairs or if they still have the energy dance too

• Stayed: June 2013