“Fantastic holiday would definitely recommend!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sarigerme
Holiday Village Turkey Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Sarigerme
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and i and our two children aged 11 and 7 have just returned from a 2 week holiday at this holiday village,it was a fantastic holiday and would highly recommend. We also liked it because of the short transfer time between the holiday village and the airport. Can't believe some of the negative reviews on here,yes the pools were shut sometimes because of babies/toddlers pooing in the pools but that isn't down to the holiday village it's down to the parents not being responsible by making sure their children were wearing swimming nappies!! Also this could happen in any swimming pool at any holiday destination! Thought there was a wide range of food over the 2 weeks we were there also my husband has coeliac disease and they catered very well for him,if certain things were not suitable for him to eat the chefs would make him a completely new fresh meal. The room we stayed in was immaculate and cleaned every day. The staff were very good with the children. The I five live shows were really good. My children loved it especially the youngest one,Smithy Karlene and PJ especially were very entertaining and would have my children in stitches. If i had read these reviews before going i would have been worried but after going there myself would highly recommend this place! Everyone has their own opinion but quite frankly i think some people are being picky,i myself am quite fussy choosing where to go on holiday but would go back to this holiday village tomorrow. To top it off we had 2 weeks of lovely hot weather. Brilliant holiday :-)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
GM H, General Manager at Holiday Village Turkey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear Lynette,

Thank you for your valuable comment. We are appreciated to here that you enjoyed your stay with us.
About the swimming pool closing times, we are always trying our best to ensure our guests comfort, therefore at crucial fecal incidents, for health and safety reasons we need to close our swimming pools and take necessary actions to guarantee a healthy swimming environment.

Thank you again for staying with us.
We look forward to welcoming you again in Sarıgerme Holiday village.

Erol Akkus

Write a ReviewReviews (4,532)

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I was surprised at the size and the amount of activites going on for all ages of kids I have done all inclusive holidays for the past 15 years at 4 star and above both long haul and short ones so I know a good hotel from a bad one so this is my view of the hotel it is kept really clean the staff are really polite the food is not fantastic but ok for a 4 star the grounds are large and kept nice and tidythe pools are great for kids just a shame that very young kids are playing in the pools without proper swim nappies causing pools to close for the day to be cleaned fortunately there are enough pools to allow you to still take a dip the beach is not good also sand burns your feet so not a lot of time spent on it not a lot in the village so you are limited to your hotel so for a young family this is a good safe hotel for a holiday with great weather I must add I was here for 2 weeks (14 june) with my wife so we are not going back as to many kids lol hope this is helpful

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your precious review. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Sarıgerme Holiday village.
As well as hotel layout and general services we keep considering the improvement of Food service quality and innovations for our guests satisfaction.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Jus got back this morning after 10 nights couldnt wait to leave this hole!!! The only good thing was weather,annimation and pools if open !!! As constantly being closed to kids pooing in them, 3 pools closed yesterday the staff arnt interested didnt know who was supposed to clean it up!!!! Weather was banging beach do not bother unless for watersports got 15 mins on jet ski for 25 quid so not bad...i always go antalya side and must say will b goin bak there but never dalaman side again , total waste of money dis hv do not go

Room Tip: 1st floor room 2117 great view shame about there standard of cleaning!!!
2  Thank cockneycookie

Dear Guest,

We feel sorry to hear that you haven't enjoy your stay at Sarıgerme Holiday village.
Swimming pool closings are happening in case of fecal incidents. Our health and saftey team is working hard to clean pools and ensure the hygiene for a healthy swimming environment.

Thank you for your comment.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We visited this hotel from 20th june to 27th with 9 people.. 2 children age 4 and 10! hotel is fab, 7 pools, entertainment all day and night but only seen 1 live act (comedians) and they were brill! every other night it would be the entertainments team singing... but it weren't to bad! my daughter visited the kids club once.. the staff were lovely but she wouldn't go again (no idea why) but expect to pay as this session cost us £5

The rooms were clean..beds and towels changed every day, couldn't complain. Beach towels are also given everyday.

The food was ok but towards the end of the week we had enough, my daughter didnt really eat much all week. we visited the Turkish al la carte and the spice, both were lovely and the waiters were nice. We also had a lovely meal in PARADISE in town.. 10min walk or 10lira in a taxi. Pancake lady worth a visit, they were beautiful.

Staff were very helpful and could speak and understand english.

My partner went diving with the diving school placed in the hotel, he really enjoyed this. £40 for 2hour trip then had to pay £20 extra for a dvd and photos.
AVOID the 2 hour speed boat trip... which was also booked through the people in the hotel. the driver was an idiot and we crashed into a rock while he was showing off taking us into caves. with children on board also with no life jackets on we were all quite scared. We were told we would see rabbits.. dolphins.. and turtles but only thing we seen was 2 GOATS.. funny hey?
we complained but was not offered no refund.

The pools were lovely.. we spent most the week by the main pool. entertainment all day quizs.. party dances etc. Jacuzzi pool was fab and nice and warm also the slides were good but not open all day. A few times i got up at 6 to get tidy sunbeds and struggled even then to get ones next to the pool, by the end of the week i give up getting up at that time so only ones left were always under the shade.

The main pool was shut 2 days out of 7 and also the baby pool was shut once.. children without swim nappies on doing accidents. this didn't really cause any problems though as we just used another.

Overall a brilliant week and i would recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We've recently returned from a 2 week break at this resort. I've stayed at a holiday village before & really enjoyed it, but I was so disappointed with this one. Our main reason for going was for the kids clubs, particularly the High Ropes. But when we got there we were told the High Ropes were closed due to repair & had been for some time. We only booked our holiday in February & no mention was made by the Sales Rep that the High Ropes were down. It also states there's a childrens buffet - but the food is no different from the adults buffet. So if your child likes plain food then the only option you have is chips. The food was very much the same most nights. The resort was clean & we got to know a couple of chefs, without their help my youngest would've gone hungry. The evening entertainment was very poor (off season) - unless you like listening to your rep singing Gary Barlow songs every evening. We popped to the local market & was verbally insulted by the women there because we didn't want to buy the bracelets they'd forced on my young daughter's arm, despite being very polite I was told to 'stick it up your **** lady'. After that experience we didn't venture off the resort, so boredom set in very quickly.

Room Tip: Our mattress was hard on the king size bed (with double size thin duvet). The kids bunk beds are mo...
1  Thank Soxyraw

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment, your feedbacks enables to take immediate actions for continuous improvement of our services.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

On arrival at the HV at 3am we were greeted by friendly and fast staff. My fiance, my 16 month old and I were all desperate for our beds! When we got to our 'family' room we found 2 single beds, which couldn't be pushed together due to fixed lamps, and a damaged, but usable travel cot. With regards to the room for the rest of our stay, it had an unpleasant smell which started at our end of the corridor and the toilet flush was dodgy. Be warned that bed linen is only changed once per week, I read this before I went & was fine about it but others may not be. Our bins were also not emptied daily despite being bursting.

Food: The buffet restaurant was well always well stocked at breakfast and dinner (and midnight feast!) and had different themed nights throughout the week, our favorite was mexican night! Unlike other all inclusive holidays we've been on, there was a lot of variety and new things each night. Downfall being the begging cats everywhere. We tried 2 of the 3 A La Carte restaurants (Book Early!) both lovely, excellent service, Italian was my favourite, Turkish my fiances fav. Additional to the restaurants and snack bar were the panckae house, the jacket potato hut and ice cream - Only problem being ice cream was only served between 3 - 5 resulting in very long ques!

Childcare: Being a nursery nurse myself I couldn't help but judge the creche, and I must say it was excellent! And I felt more than comfortable to leave my son there for 2hr sessions. All British staff, fully qualified and very friendly and knowledgeable. Excellent range of toys and activities for 0-2's. Also did 'Stay & Play' every day which was a welcome escape from the heat for the little ones and an opportunity to meet other parents, my son loved it. When my son was very unsettled during a pre booked session, one of the staff came to find me, which I was happy about. Only negative being, the brochure advertised parent and baby swim sessions, when we enquired about them we were told they're not running any more. We didn't have a need for the Kids Club but it looked like lots of fun!! There was also a microwave, bottle warmer and steriliser in the main buffet restaurant.

Entertainment: If you like quizes you'll be fine! Most evenings didn't match up with the entertainment advertised in the foyer. The entertainment team were very good though, especially the Kids Entertainment. Our favourite place to go in the evenings was the Chill Out Bar, lovely setting, comfy sofas and beds, space for kids to play and nice and cool, also nice to visit in the day time for some time out of the sun. Day and evening, adult or child, you could never be bored here! However, the High Rope Course wasn't working during our stay.

Pools; You're spoilt for choice with pools! But beware ... if your child poos in the pool they close the pool for 6 hours!! There's a strict rule on wearing swimming nappies!

Other: At the beginning of our week I met a parent whose children had contracted Hand, Foot & Mouth disease during their stay, and were told by the hotel doctor that it was a reoccurring problem at the hotel. It's passed through saliva, there wasn't a lot I could do about my son swallowing pool water, but avoided using hotel cutlery as luckily I had packed some baby spoons. We were harassed a lot by staff from the Spa trying to sell us treatments, which became very annoying and turned me off going! However, the photography sessions are definatley worth doing! They are advertised as payable but it was free of charge. We had a half hour session with an excellent photographer who took stunning family photos in the hotel gardens and pool (see attached photo) We got 10 prints in a photobook, 1 large print and every other photo (approx 70!) on a disc incl copyright for £100, much cheaper than price given, we found we could knock prices down easily everywhere here!! We also found that they take English sterling and Euros here too. We got a cab into town one evening, only around £4 each way, not a lot there, but nice food, and change of scenery. We didn't do any of the excursions as most unsuitable for our little one but heard good things about them from other guests, who also got them FAR cheaper by booking them in town rather than through First Choice. Also beware of the Turkish Delight for sale, if you read the small print, a lot of them say 'Turkish Delight flavour rather than actual Turkish Delight.

One thing the HV could do with is an indoor children's play area, as there wasn't anywhere for children to play out of the sun, even the play ground wasn't shaded.

Would we return? .... Most definately!

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

We went there for a week 17th June with our lil man 8, after ready mixed reviews we all came home with a fantastic holiday and a nice tan!! Firstly smithy what an absolute legend!( part of first choice team) my son adored him and even brought some red sun glasses the same as him to look the same!! Top marks for him entertaining the kids and adults at adult bar! Pools were good, all 7 of them!, bars were good no queueing there, the beach was ok not an Egypt beach but sand then pebbles at entry of sea, we had a kids den which was good as little man could watch the t.v with Cartoon Network ( not in Turkish ) can't see why people would fault this hotel? Everything was brill! If you want a decent pool seat near the edge of the pool to watch the kids ( I.e your own kids) I'd say get there at 7 to put your towels down as I did go down at 5.30 am a few times and loads of towels were already there. Sunday market was good too if your willing to broke a deal go there we picked up loads for next to nothing, my starting bid was 20 lira for everything stick to it!. Don't take euros or sterling on holiday lira is excepted everywhere. Entertainment is good all day my and my son took part in water polo water handball general swim games in pool, rounders and footy. Slides are good in pool, there was no poo in pool whilst we were there!. Bonus! Food was good too don't expect top drawer food! It is all inclusive! People seem to forget that these hotels don't just cook food you like it! They have to cook for several different tastes!. Wifi is in reception ask ! All Turkish staff understand us, be polite and they will be too, I can't write a bad thing oh apart from the bed pillows bit hard apart from that good hotel good holiday money well spent! Speaking to other holiday makers who don't write reviews enjoyed there time too! Happy holidays guys to this place!

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank Themuttons
GM H, General Manager at Holiday Village Turkey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments,We are really appreciated to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcome you again.

Erol Akkus

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarigerme
0 mi away
#1 of 19 in Gocek
SENO Resort Sarigerme
SENO Resort Sarigerme
#5 of 10 in Sarigerme

Been to Holiday Village Turkey Hotel? Share your experiences!