“Good holiday although my son got the trots”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sarigerme
Holiday Village Turkey Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Sarigerme
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I visited the Holiday Village in October 2009 and in August 2010. I found the hotel to be very good on both stays with lots of things to do. The kids enjoyed it going to the kids club while I had time to myself. We stayed all inclusive as the hotel is quite away from anywhere, even the local village Sarigerme is atleast 10-15 mins in a taxi. My son of 14-15 at the time got very bad belly ache and diarrhea. The beach was very good and very quiet being a private beach, but it was just to hot to stay there all day. One of my sons went scuba diving and he enjoyed it very much. When we returned home we were by coincedence watching watchdog when the Holiday Village came on. Watchdog had many reports of food poisoning so watchdog sent in their own undercover couple to investigate the hotel. They found faeces in a ice bucket.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jack S

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We didn't enjoy any part of this holiday.

Food was terrible, end of season, so basically emptying out their freezers and cupboards! Chips, Chips and more Chips!! Lacking in meat and vegetables. Fruit not ripe and inedible. Thought we'd be able to try lots of different Turkish dishes, but no, it was just like a school canteen, parents letting their children help themselves to food, and this in the adult area even though they did have a family area. Other AI packages we have been on Under 10s not allowed to help themselves. This rule should apply on all AI packages!! Alcohol watered down... Staff very rude..

The Sunday market was a nightmare, bit like an endurance test, in the end, we had to leave as the Turkish vendors literally pull you to them to try to get you to purchase something and if you don't they swear at you, all very distressing.

The beach isn't great, and you would be lucky to find a sunbed after 10am that actually had a back to it so you could sit up and read.

If you didn't get to the Spa by 10am then your chances of getting a towel for the day were nil, so always ended up going back to the room to get one from the bathroom!! The guys who work the Spa are very rude to you also if you don't go and have a tour with them and then purchase a Spa day!

The rooms were OK and serviced every day, but sometimes as late as 6pm! No good if you're trying to get showered for the evening. Travelling as a family of 6 adults, no children, we were placed in areas where there were lots of screaming children and babies all through the night and some parents even let their children play in the outside hallway as early as 7am!! What??! I would never have dreamt of doing that when our children were small! If the hotel knows that you are a couple, why not have an area that is for couples only, no children, so much better for adults, I would never stay in a Holiday Village again. The walls are paper thin and you can even hear your neighbour in the toilet!

If it rains, your stuffed, as there is absolutely NOTHING to do inside! So boring and then the bar becomes even busier and the staff even ruder....

Walk to the local town is horrible. Not at all scenic.. and beware unlit at night time! The only thing that looked of any interest turned out to be a sewage plant!! The hotel itself is situated right out of the way with nothing around it but the Hilton, which I wish we had stayed at!, and the Thomson hotel on the other side. (Note you cannot sit on the beach in front of the Hilton, a security guard tells you to move unless you can prove you are staying there! and this beach area is so much nicer than the Holiday Villages side).

I would definitely not recommend this hotel and would definitely not go back, not even to Turkey!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank beeniecrew-182
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Actually stayed here in June 2010 .......hotel was nice and clean , rooms good and spacious .......food was very bland but had worse , staff at restaurants and bars were rude and moody .......what I can say is thank god we stayed on the tropical side , the palace side was almost scary , full of chavs old and young , even the shop on the palace side had 2 women drunk with their children having a full blown row , swearing at one another with their children in tow and I also had my

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank roxy h
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We found this hotel clean tidy and well maintained. The hotel suite was a little small and my two teenage kids had to share a sofa bed.
The pools were great but a little on the cold side but for mid october thats to be expected .
There was lots of choice of food morning, noon and night . Plenty of drinks to choose from .
We spent most of our time at the relaxing pool by our room which was lovely and quiet .
I could not fault this hotel to be honest . You get what you pay for .
I would go here again and recommend to others .

Room Tip: We stayed in the suite which was away from the hotel and much quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Arnieboxerdog
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We booked this holiday through Thompsons who said we would need to take Turkish Lira so we exchanged our money to Turkish.When we checked in and asked for a saftey deposit box we were told it was 2 euro per day.I asked to pay in Turkish Lira and they converted it at a far lower rate than I had paid Thompson back home.As this hotel is owned by the Thompson Group their Staff should advise customers NOT to take Turkish Lira.

NO ONE in Turkey wants Turkish Lira so take Pounds or Euros.

Before we booked we saw that the price included coach transfers but in the price breakdown we saw that the included transfer price was £50 so opted not to include transfers.We booked transfers by A 2 B via Travel Republic web site the total for 2 return transfers was under £13.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank George1947
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Booked with First Choice.We flew from Edinburgh airport and had no problems with the transfer. We stayed for 1 week (Late September) and wanted to stay longer! We have never been to this resort before and read the reviews on Tripadvisor as a guide to where we should stay.

The hotel staff on arrival (very early hours of the morning) were very friendly and spoke English well, so communication wasn't an issue at any point. We felt this was a suitable holiday for families and couples.

The grounds of the hotel were large enough for those who wanted to be on their own, away from the children and general noise. On arrival please be wary of the 'special offers' from the staff at the spa/watersports, there is always room for negotiation, they are not fixed prices. The spa itself was very clean and tidy. We booked a Turkish hamaam experience which included a full body massage, Turkish bath, facial and fish pedicure at a reasonable price. However, the spa manager tried to convince me I needed more sessions and would give me a 'special discount'. I didn't fall for that one.

The food in the main dining hall was always of an excellent standard, some of the food is even cooked infront of you. Staff that were serving us always had a smile on their face and were happy to help. We were very well looked after and were never hungry.

Our room had a double bed, lounge area, bathroom and balcony. We cannot fault anything in the room, all was to a high standard.

We would spend most of our time on the beach front, we did not have to reserve our seats at a ridiculous hour. There was always room for us.

Other holiday makers were no problem, we never had issues with noisy children, drunken numpties etc...

Evening entertainment in the main areas was mainly catered for children and young people. However, the i5Live always tried to be inclusive of adults. The entertainer James was superb at what he did.

My only complaint is towards the hotel jewellery shop. There is one female member of staff who manipulated a holiday maker into buying items and caused a lot of distress. This infuriated me and was very unprofessional in her forceful nature. She would not take 'no' for an answer and took advantage. A complaint was made to the relevant people and I sincerely hope she does not prey on anybody else in the same way.

*Happy Holidays Folks*

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nutcracker610
Reviewed November 9, 2012

After booking with our local Thompsons we were assured that this was a great hotel and that we would have a great holiday there. This was our first visit to Turkey and I'm sorry to say that it will be our last. The hotel was looking very sad and the food was the worst we had ever had. Everything was cooked within an inch of it's life and then put into covered containers like school dinners. If you finished what you were eating and got up to look for something more your table was immediately cleared but when you tried to find somebody to reset the table it would take an age. The only part of the hotel that hit the mark was the spa which was excellent. I could go on and on about what a bad experience this hotel was but I can only say that I will not be going back and would urge others to think twice before booking.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarigerme
TUI Family Life Tropical Resort
D- Resort Gocek
#1 of 19 in Gocek
Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa
TUI MAGIC LIFE Sarigerme

Been to Holiday Village Turkey Hotel? Share your experiences!