“Absolutely fantastic excellent guides with loads of local knowledge”

Basket Travel Agency
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Sarigerme
More attraction details
Owner description: BASKET TOURISM & TRAVEL AGENCY guarantees to give you quick, safe and high quality services. The company has new model and comfortable service vehicles with their tourism qualified service staff. Whenever you will need their help and services, they are always ready to reply your requests face to face or through telephone and internet.
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Well what can I say that hasn't been already said basket travel are fabulous. My partner and I did 2 trips with them the 12 island tour and mud bath/turtle beach and tombs 3 in one tour. We had kenan(kenny) for both tours and shenny( mad hair lady) for the trip to get to the boats both very passionate about their country and very proud. Kenny was amazing guide and extremely funny and very good and patient with the children on the trips. The trips were amazing and we even got to see logger head turtles which was awesome. Food wonderful as well. So basket travel you rock. We will be back to see you and will recommend you to everyone traveling to sarigerne. Once again an amazing experience thank you to basket travel especially kenan for making out holiday x x

2  Thank Tracie688

Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Simply awesome guys thank you very much, we stayed in sarigerme October 12 - 20th, this tour company are simply brilliant. We went on the turtle and mud bath tour then the following day we did the 12 island tour, both were fabulous and half the price of Thompson, Ken was the tour guide for both of the tours along with the most amazing local knowledge he gets you laughing. You can buy drinks and pictures on board both trips but without pressure, the only pressure was the quality of the photos taken at the mud bath, when you see them you will want to buy them. We also went on the Marmaris shopping trip and Shenny was the tour guide for this and was equally knowledgeable and funny (mad hair lady). All 3 trips were outstanding and I urge anyone to book with basket as they deserve your custom because you deserve their knowledge, they really enjoy what they do, Thompson will give you lots of dribble about why not to book with basket but ignore them basket are superb, even when you pop to the village just to ask a simple question they are always happy to help. Many thanks again russell and Helen

1  Thank Seasid
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Me, my wife and daughter and a couple of friends recently returned home from a two week holiday at Holiday Village Turkey. We had already decided we wanted to do a turkish bath on day 2. We went to Sarigerme Village and booked up with Basket Travel. We were picked up from our hotel at 3pm next day and taken to a Turkish Bath in Ortaca. We have had Turkish baths before in Maramris but we were always taken to a hotel for it and they kept trying to get extra money off us all the time by selling drinks and taken photos. Not with Basket travel though. This was a proper Turkish bath, no photographer getting in the way. We all came out and our skin felt so good.
A few days later Me, my wife and daughter booked up for the Jeep Safari. I'll describe our day out in one word......OUTSTANDING. Again we got picked up from hotel and taken for some water guns in village. From the moment we bought them the water fights began and this was the case most of the trip, fun was had by all on the 3 jeeps. We had a few stops during the trip which were basically an excuse to get the buckets refilled. Lunch was inclusive of this and was quite a tasty meal. The 4 basket travel lads that were with us were so much fun and certainly made sure a great day out was had by all.
If you are holidaying in Sarigerme i strongly advide you go to Village to book excursions and that you use Basket Travel, believe me we weren't disappointed and i'm sure you won't be earlier.
Thanks Basket for being full value for money

3  Thank Jarralad1971
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Did the 12 island tour with basket travel as they didnt pressure you into paying before, we could pay after the trip which i though was very good.

Ken was our guide, spoke English extremely well and made everyone feel very comfortable - really good with kids is well.

it was a 30 minute bus ride to Gocek, in this time Ken tells you all about Turkey and relates it to back in England so you can picture it in your mind better. very interesting as he is very knowledgeable man.

on the boat you can get drinks and crisps which you pay for at the end, another nice touch.

you see some amazing places and swim off some amazing islands. Also the included dinner is nice and big portion to keep you going throughout the day.

thank you Ken for an awesome day!!!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I used the the Basket Travel agency with my boyfriend and best friend Claire whilst we were in Turkey and staying at the Holiday Village Hotel.

We booked two trips with the agency - the 12 Island tour of Gocek and the 3-in-1 tour of the Mudbaths, turtle beach and historic tombs.

We had Ken as a tour guide for both trips and I must say that he made these trips for all three of us, very informative, funny, relaxed and absolutely brilliant in handling all the guests.

The Gocek 12 island tour is my favourite of the two, we spent the day on a cruise ship, travelling to several islands, and jumping off the ship into crystal clear sea water - perfect for snorkelling!
The food here was stunning, my complements to the crew for such an amazing day, and to Ken for keeping everyone amused with witty anecdotes and interesting info...my favourite part was standing on a 13th century ruin of a light house in the middle of the sea with fish swimming around my feet, bliss!

The second trip to the mud baths was just as good but unfortunately the weather was rubbish that day so everyone was cold! I've got some lovely official photos of me and my friends covered head to toe in mud that makes you 'look 10 years younger'!
After a lovely lunch, we found out about the ancient tombs in the side of the mountain, which Ken told us all about...it was lovely to see him so passionate!

Our final part of the day was seeing the loggerhead turtles...didn't expect to see them so close up! Really made up for the fact that the weather wasn't great.

On the whole, the coaches were modern and comfy with working air conditioning, the prices were cheap for what we got (so glad we didn't use the excursions with our hotel, what a rip-off!) and the food was delicious!

Thank you Ken, and Basket Travel for making our two trips so enjoyable...we certainly we be coming back to see you!

2  Thank Krysie A