“5* Star Hotel at reasonable price”

Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Sarigerme
Essex
“5* Star Hotel at reasonable price”
Reviewed May 26, 2010

Superb 5-Star resort with all the trimmings. The AI Buffet was great, but we also ate in the Greek, Turkish, and Japanese restaurant which was an additional 15euro PP - they were all worth the extra money. The rooms were fantastic and we upgraded to a sea-view room, however be warned, the Sea-view rooms look out to where the Disco/bar areas reside so you may find them a little more noisy in the evening. The Spa was well worth the money and was 1st class - if you have been to any top spa in the UK before the pricing was easily comparible and the facilities were amazing.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (611)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed May 24, 2010

We have just spent 2,5 weeks at Hilton Dalaman with my 2 children, aged 3 years and 8 months. We had a wonderful holiday, the highlight of which was the kid's club. It is called Kidz Paradise and the name speaks for itself. I had no problem leaving my daughter at the club, in fact I could not get her out of there and it was packed with other children of all ages too. The facilities were great with a massive playground, climbing frames, swings, etc., outdoor and indoor play areas, children's restaurant serving lovely lunch and dinner, pool, slides, pleanty of toys, games, books and movies in all languages.

But most importantly the staff were absolutely amazing. The club manager - Umit - does a wonderful job. He spoke several languages, was great with kids and seemed to really enjoy and take pride in his work. The rest of the mini club staff (Ksenia, Christina, Natalia, Valentina and Hakan) who were also great - very friendly and hard working. There was a wide range of extremely well organised acitivites from various arts and crafts, baking cookies, picknics, to face painting, football, archery and bowling competitions. There was something different every day, children never got borred.

The kids disco at the end of each day was just brilliant, it ran in several languages, all the children were engaged and loved it. It was follwed by a cinema night or another hours play until 1030.

I would definitely go back to this hotel if only for this reason.

On top of that the location is beautiful, the hotel is new, clean and spacious. It has everything you may wish for and the quality is very good.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank VUKLondon
yorkshire
Reviewed May 21, 2010

We travelled to the Hilton on 6th May and i am really glad i chose this from Sovereign Travel as they featured it as the 'hotel of the month'. I will not tell you where to eat or drink, as everyone likes different things, only to say that we tried the buffet and enjoyed it, but we ate in the gormet restaurants 4 of our 6 nights as we prefare waiter service. We greatly enjoyed all of the food. The bars and evening entertainment were great too, with something for everyone. When booking we upgraded to a pool access room. We were originally shown to the forth floor. The pool access is gained by an external staircase leading down the front of the hotel and every balcony has a gate where you can join this staircase. We were disappointed with the size of our delux room on the forth floor and i enquired at reception for a lower floor delux. We changed to a first floor room which had a much larger bathroom and bedroom, with a settee instead of just a chair, and a much larger balcony. If i were to book again and upgrade i would ask the travel agent to request a first floor room. We had to pay over £5 for plasters and £8 for bite cream in the hotel shop, so buy some before going. We travelled into the local village on a local bus. These sit outside the hotel grounds and cost around 50p per person each way. The village i enjoyed as we buy gifts to take home. The staff in the shops were not pushy, unlike any of the markets, so this made for a more pleasant experience. It was so near, and there are so few shops that we were there and back in and hour and a half. The hotel have recently employed a british lady on their customer relations team 'Carol'. We were completely deserted by the Sovereign Rep and so Carol helped us with anything we needed to know and is a real plus to this hotel. Finally, if you fancy any trips, travel into Sarigerme and book, rather than through your holiday rep. These are much cheaper and no sly 'additional' visits to gold shops or leather shops.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank familyhols_8
uk
Reviewed May 20, 2010

Most people have covered the main aspects of the hotel so won't go over them again but I can vouch that I went with a group of 40 people for my brother's wedding, ranging from 3 years to 80 years old, and we all had a great time.

Food: main restaurant was very extensive, you have to be a brave and disciplined person not to overeat. The food generally was of good quality, though some specific dishes were a bit hit and miss. Some of the vegetarians amongst us did not have as an extensive choice but overall were happy with what they ate. You are allowed one free visit to the Turksih restaurant, otherwise Tao, Alize, etc are chargeable at 15 euros per person (which is not unreasonable but we did not get the chance to try it). Apart from the main restaurant, the main areas to eat are at vento and breeze bar which do more casual food e.g. chips, burgers, pizza etc. There are also a few pattiserie stops and also a lady in a hut who does tradtional style pancakes which are seriously yummy (Vidjan - you deserve a pay rise!)

Drink: the selection was pretty good (alcholic and non-alcoholic) and will keep you busy trying out the various combinations! The teas and coffees were ok, some of the coffees were average but the selection of herbal teas were great. I drink only green tea so had taken my own stash but was pleasantly surprised to find they had a whole assortment of herbal teas!

Pool: although it was quite warm (24-27 degrees), the pools and the sea were a bit too cold for my liking. None of the pools, spa whirlpool or indoor pool are heated so bear this in mind before you jump in. Ok for men; the ladies did struggle a bit. There are several pools all of which are great to relax by.

Staff: I found this the most varied. We had an appointed guest relations manager, Turgay, who was fantastic and made me feel at ease whenever I had an organisational nightmare. However, the one thing I did find surprising was that the level of English across the resort was not great, which made it hard to find out information simple information about the week's activities etc. That said, it was not disastrous by any means, but did make some things a little harder. This would be the one thing I would say they could improve on.

Space: although the hotel was fully booked, because there are so many areas just to relax, it never felt overcrowded or even busy. In fact some of the bars were very quiet at night. There is no shortage of areas to chill.

Rooms: these were of a high standard with lots of space and an airy feel. Good quality furnishings. The only criticism was that some people said their shower water was far too hot (this was true as I found it very hot on the lowest setting) whilst other rooms were too cold. However, not all the rooms had this problem so may be a certain part of the plumbing. Someone was sent out to have a look so in terms of service they were great, but sadly could not fix the problem. Still, a minor point.

Activities: all of the water activities were chargeable (expected), but there were plenty of other things on the resort to keep you busy. The ampitheatre has shows at night which are different every night, and they are worth watching. We did book a day tour to the mudbaths with Basket Travel which I would highly recommend. I also booked my transfers to the hotel in advance online through holidayhoppa.com who were fantastic and provided a professional service at a very reasonable price for the group.

Spa: there are certain spa facilities e.g. sauna, steam room, hammam included in the allinclusive package. they also have a separate spa area for fee paying guests and services which looked awesome but were a bit too pricey for my liking, but then it is a 5 star resort! The spa included though was awesome and made you feel very relaxed if you have been to the gym or done some sports.

Btw internet was very pricey so don't rely on it there if you need it!

In sum, did it live up to my expetctations? Yes, absolutely. It was not perfect, but it was close. The hotel is immaculate and very beautiful to look at, which is always a plus. We had a great time and I look forward to booking another long weekend there!

• Stayed May 2010
1 Thank zen777
Bridgend
Reviewed May 20, 2010

Stayed at the Hilton Dalaman in May 2010 for 1 week with partner and 10 year old son.

Facilities are superb, great swimming pools and plenty of quality sun loungers, Kids club organisers work hard with the Children and even managed to get my reluctant son to join them.
Food and beverage is on a All inclusive basis, but this did not distract from the quality.

Did not use the A La Carte restaurants, mainly because My son would not sit through the number of courses on offer. People I spoke to thought it well worth the 15Euros/person reservation fee.

Slight downside, the pool was on the cold side, but as normal once you got in it was alright.

Service in the Restaurant was a bit slow, but they appeared to have taken on a batch of new staff, assumingly for the forthcoming season.

Overall would definitely recommend

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank THWales
floraandphoebe
Reviewed May 20, 2010

This hotel is going to be a huge golf complex but the golf part isn't ready yet. As a result, at the moment you can get a five-star holiday for a no-star price! I went for a week with my daughter. Lying by the huge pool, with an attentive waiter bringing you cocktails ... lounging in a straw-thatched cabana on the beach ... what's not to like? Food? - fabulous. Rooms? Fabulous. Entertainment? Varies from the excellent to the ultra-cheesy, but after a few pina coladas and lashings of wine with dinner, we all joined in with gusto. OK if you have little kids, as they seem to have a very good kid's club, but not the place for sulky teenagers who won't know what to do with themselves. But for ladies who lunch, or a spot of mother-daughter bonding, or a romantic couples break - highly recommended! A few words of caution - for an American hotel chain, the instant coffee provided in the rooms is beyond disgusting. Take your own. The spa is lovely and worth a look round but treatments are not included in the price and are a bit steep. I had a facial which I can highly recommend and the basic spa massage but not that great as was a very good looking young man, whcih I wasn't expecting, thought it would be a nice matronly lady - spent the whole time worrying about my cellulite.
Everything else in the hotel is included in the price, so it is fantastic value. But if you have any interaction with taxi drivers, or need to spend money at the airport, beware. £50 for a twenty minute taxi ride to the airport? £4.50 for a cup of coffee in McDonalds? £9 for a chicken sandwich? - er ... no!

• Stayed May 2010
2 Thank floraandphoebe
Dorset
Reviewed May 18, 2010

Just got back yesterday from a weeks holiday with 6 friends. Had a fantastic time, food excellent in main self service 'Sarigerme' restaurant and even better in the Italian Alize and Chinese Tao Restaurants. Staff friendly and attentive, everywhere was exceptionally clean and the bed was the most comfy I have ever had in an hotel. Unfortunately ate too much, already miss the baklava!!! The golf course is not ready yet which didn't bother us and I expect the prices will zoom up once it is. We didn't have any treatments in the spa but they showed us around and it really looks exquisite. The grounds are vast, would love to go back in a few years to see how all the beautiful trees mature, if not sooner! Good selection of drinks in the 'all inclusive' and the white wine was very drinkable!! Would definately recommend and would love to go back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank BFGDorset
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarigerme
TUI BLUE Sarigerme Park
#1 of 3 in Dalaman
Hillside Beach Club
Hillside Beach Club
#2 of 101 in Fethiye

Been to Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!