“Great Hotel”

Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Sarigerme
Reviewed May 20, 2010

Stayed at the Hilton Dalaman in May 2010 for 1 week with partner and 10 year old son.

Facilities are superb, great swimming pools and plenty of quality sun loungers, Kids club organisers work hard with the Children and even managed to get my reluctant son to join them.
Food and beverage is on a All inclusive basis, but this did not distract from the quality.

Did not use the A La Carte restaurants, mainly because My son would not sit through the number of courses on offer. People I spoke to thought it well worth the 15Euros/person reservation fee.

Slight downside, the pool was on the cold side, but as normal once you got in it was alright.

Service in the Restaurant was a bit slow, but they appeared to have taken on a batch of new staff, assumingly for the forthcoming season.

Overall would definitely recommend

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank THWales

Reviewed May 20, 2010

This hotel is going to be a huge golf complex but the golf part isn't ready yet. As a result, at the moment you can get a five-star holiday for a no-star price! I went for a week with my daughter. Lying by the huge pool, with an attentive waiter bringing you cocktails ... lounging in a straw-thatched cabana on the beach ... what's not to like? Food? - fabulous. Rooms? Fabulous. Entertainment? Varies from the excellent to the ultra-cheesy, but after a few pina coladas and lashings of wine with dinner, we all joined in with gusto. OK if you have little kids, as they seem to have a very good kid's club, but not the place for sulky teenagers who won't know what to do with themselves. But for ladies who lunch, or a spot of mother-daughter bonding, or a romantic couples break - highly recommended! A few words of caution - for an American hotel chain, the instant coffee provided in the rooms is beyond disgusting. Take your own. The spa is lovely and worth a look round but treatments are not included in the price and are a bit steep. I had a facial which I can highly recommend and the basic spa massage but not that great as was a very good looking young man, whcih I wasn't expecting, thought it would be a nice matronly lady - spent the whole time worrying about my cellulite.
Everything else in the hotel is included in the price, so it is fantastic value. But if you have any interaction with taxi drivers, or need to spend money at the airport, beware. £50 for a twenty minute taxi ride to the airport? £4.50 for a cup of coffee in McDonalds? £9 for a chicken sandwich? - er ... no!

• Stayed: May 2010
2  Thank floraandphoebe
Reviewed May 18, 2010

Just got back yesterday from a weeks holiday with 6 friends. Had a fantastic time, food excellent in main self service 'Sarigerme' restaurant and even better in the Italian Alize and Chinese Tao Restaurants. Staff friendly and attentive, everywhere was exceptionally clean and the bed was the most comfy I have ever had in an hotel. Unfortunately ate too much, already miss the baklava!!! The golf course is not ready yet which didn't bother us and I expect the prices will zoom up once it is. We didn't have any treatments in the spa but they showed us around and it really looks exquisite. The grounds are vast, would love to go back in a few years to see how all the beautiful trees mature, if not sooner! Good selection of drinks in the 'all inclusive' and the white wine was very drinkable!! Would definately recommend and would love to go back.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank BFGDorset
Reviewed May 17, 2010

Having never travelled to Turkey before, I spent hours and hours trawling through the internet trying to find the perfect hotel.. and boy did I drop on one here.
From the lovely short transfer time to the gorgeous hotel, we had a fantastic time.
On arrival, we were upgraded to a suite room, which was ideal with 2 adults and 2 children. The room had a seperate living area, and pool access, mini bar, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, and Tv.
The resort itself is massive, there were numerous pools, alot of shaded areas for people who need it, and lovely bars and snack bars scattered around the complex.
It had a lovely peaceful feel, which was only interrupted occasionally at certain parts of the complex by the First Choice Holiday Village which was next door... good god can they make some racket.
The food was fine for me and my family, we always found something to eat at all times. A little tip.. If you want bacon in the morning, you have to ask the omlette man for it, as it is kept behind the counter... Dont ask me why ?????
Our children loved the kids club, the staff worked very very hard to entertain the children. The children especially like the mini disco that was on at 8.30 every night.
Ther activities were split into age related actvities, so there was always something for everyone. My only critism is that apart from Umit, who was the leader, the rest of the staff had only very basic understanding of English, which at times hindered our conversations.
Another thing that I noticed is that the bars around the pools etc.. are a slight walk away, I wonder if this was done on purpose to stop the people getting completely wasted on the free drink. I never saw anybody in the week that I was there stumbling over, drunk, so it obviously worked.
Another point is to take mosquito spray, they were quite bad at night, the hotel did go around spraying the area, but I should imagine in the height of summer they were quite bad.
My husband had a Turkish bath in the spa, and rated it as one of the best treatments that he had every had. It was around £80 for 50 mins, so quite pricey but he said it was worth it.
Room service was not included in the all inclusive.
The gym was very modern with all the latest equipment.
I could keep going on and on about how brill it was, in 25 years of travelling I have never gone on holiday and not been out of the complex, but that is what we did. We really just loved been in a clean, modern, beautiful laid out complex, with no chavs, swearing or mental children running around. I know that I sound a snob, I promise I arent, it was just a classy hotel in all areas.
I am sure that you will have an enjoyable time.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank josEngland
Reviewed May 17, 2010

Everything about this hotel is Fabulous. We stepped out of the taxi and were immediately greeted with a big smile and hello and had our luggage taken from us. Check in was quick and the receptionist spoke very good english, we were given a map and some basic directions for ease. As we were about to be escorted to our room a waiter appeared with two cocktails on a tray and another warm welcome to the Hilton Dalaman. We were escorted to our room where we were shown where everthing was and the air conditioning explained etc. Our room was amazing (and we have stayed in some lovely hotels) an enormous comfy bed, walk in shower and bath, separate toilet, towels and linen changed every day Off we went for a late evening meal about 8.45 in the main Sarigerme Restaurant where the choice was amazing, no luke warm, dried up offerings here. The following morning after Breakfast (massive choice), coffee/tea and fresh orange brought to table, we went to collect our free pool towel each (my own from home remained in the case and came home clean) and went for a sunbed by which time it was about 10 am I was slightly concerned where we would get a bed, again no problem we found two lovely sunbeds exactly where we wanted, adjustable backs with a table in between, also a lovely big umbrella with a table around it. We later discovered a whole host of sunbeds not used and were informed that the hotel was full so that was reassuring. Everywhere we went the staff were very helpful and friendly, the place was spotless the whole time we were there. The evening entertainment was really good, we saw three shows in the amphitheatre while we were there, all very good, especially the comedy show. Most people tend to go from the amphitheatre straight to the Breeze Bar for drinks, I would recommend leaving the amphitheatre a little earlier if you particularly want a seat and to be served quickly otherwise everyone arrives at once and the bar service is a little slow, this does improve though. We paid the extra money to eat in Tao Far eastern restaurant which was beautiful (reservation required) we also made a reservation for A La Turca (free) and were told by another couple not to have too much lunch as you really get alot - they definitely were not joking, the food again was beautiful, my husband and I counted at least 17 dishes/breads on the table and that was just the starter. Main courses were beautifully presented and tasted fantastic (I had lamb skewer/kebab and my husband chicken. I would never eat kebab at home, but believe me it was to die for and nothing like what you get at home. The setting was idylic our table overlooked the river and the turkish band was playing in the background - a real taste of Turkey. At lunchtime we ate mainly at the Breeze Cafe, good choice of food - gorgeous tagliatelle and very clean again. The remainder of our meals we took in the main Sarigerme restaurant and this was not disappointing at all , anyone with a sweet tooth will particularly love the puddings. We were there for a week and the only food I saw twice was roast turkey, I didnt have this but my husband did and he said it was succulent and tasty. You would have to be extremely picky not to find something you like here. Good choice for kids too.
If I had one criticism (and it is very small) it was that on our first night we went to the Rouge roof top bar where I asked for a Cosmopolitan cocktail which I was informed was not in the all inclusive, to be fair it did say this on the menu which we found later on another table - this could have been made clearer to see though. After that we always looked at the menu in the bars as I do like cocktails but did not want to be stung all the time with charges.
This was our first time all inclusive and I was a little worried about lager louts and cheap food etc (that sounds snobby and I'm not) but I'm pretty sure you will know what I mean, I need not have worried in that respect at all.
All in all, this place is fantastic, defintely worthy of it's five stars, fantastic service, amazing food and beautiful surroundings. If you want a taste of luxury at an affordable price book here - we will certainly be doing so again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jules260370
Reviewed May 15, 2010

Arrived home today, if your looking for pure luxury you will find it here. The entire hotel and spa are pristine, staff are attentive and have that Hilton touch, so many quiet spots to relax and more than enough going on to entertain the most demanding of people. Try one of the outside bars to watch the sunset, its magical. If you have little ones with you they were well looked after too with thier own amazing kids area nad pools, do your self a favour visit this hotel you wont be dissapointed.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank tripster1Swansea
Reviewed May 15, 2010

I cannot understand how the food can be criticised at this exceptional hotel. Food is prepared in front of you in small amounts in the main restaurant, so my dislike of buffet food does not apply, as the food is consumed in minutes, and a fresh batch is cooked as required. At all times, the food was hot, fresh, and well prepared. The hotel was full during our visit, and there were twelve uniformed chefs preparing the food to a very high standard at every evening meal. Service in the restaurants is excellent, and the inclusive rose and red wine are very good. Thompson ran some very well priced escorted excursions, for example, a half day trip to Fethie market was only £8 . As part of the trip, you visit a gold centre for forty minutes, so I suspect that the trip is subsidised. The area covered by the complex is huge. There are ten swimming pools, and so many sunbeds, that you can sit wherever you wish at any time of the day - definitely no 7.00am towel rush!! We have visited several 5 star hotels in the Carribean, and the Hilton compares very well with any of them. The hotel is a bit off the beaten track, but they operate a complimentary bus to the local village. We stayed on the complex, apart from one excursion, as everything we needed for a good holiday was on site. The evening shows are very professional, including musicals, dance, and Shaolin karate!!. The exceptions were the Miss Hilton type shows which they should rethink. The rooms are excellent with 42" flat screen tv's and full wetrooms. Overall, I strongly recommend this hotel , as it is suitable for all ages, with a nice relaxed and friendly atmosphere throughout.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank wref
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarigerme
TUI BLUE Sarigerme Park
Isil Suit
Isil Suit
#36 of 56 in Dalyan
TUI MAGIC LIFE Sarigerme

Been to Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!