“Not up to expectations”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Sarigerme
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
“Not up to expectations”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed for a week in October 2013.I fortunately have never been in a so called five star luxury hotel which switches off the air conditioning before. In fact I have paid less for a holiday and still been able to chose the temperature of my bedroom. So one star off for that. Its simply unacceptable and shouldnt be advertised as an air conditioned room. The buffet was disappointing. I would have expected at least one or two areas where freshly cooked food was available but no just rows of serving dishes. The salads were Ok but the hot unappetizing.The weekend saw an influx of children at half term. slightly more choice of food but children wandering around the buffet eating, sticky tables and food on the floor. In common with a lot of all inclusive hotels drinks service in the buffet restaurant poor. So buffet abandoned for the other restaurants at a cost of 15 euros per person per visit. They dont charge extra for drinks but the 15 euros is split into food and beverage on your bill for their internal records. So a second star off for the food.Would I return? NO.for this hotel. YES for Turkey its very beautiful and largely unspoilt surrounding the hotel.

2 Thank LAURA C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (618)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Norfolk, UK
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Fa-bu-lous! This was our second holiday at this excellent hotel. Our daughter was married there in Sep 2012, which met our high expectations, so we went back again this Sep with friends. We recommended it to them and they were not disappointed. From the moment you step off the plane you are treated like a VIP. Even when fully booked, it is not overcrowded: plenty of sun beds around the pools and on the beach. The 24/7 AI makes it very good value for money. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Food is excellent so paying the reasonable sum of €15/head for a speciality restaurant isn't necessary. We did and the Italian was excellent. I am loathe to recommend this hotel too highly as it may make it difficult for my husband and I to get a room! We fully intend booking again and cannot wait to go back. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Block 2 with mountain view is quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Daughter, husband and myself all arrived at the Hilton, Dalaman not really knowing what to expect. It is years sice we stayed in a hotel, preferring a villa with our own pool, we had certainly never experienced an all inclusive hotel.
We were greeted by a friendly team and taken to our room, 2338. Overlooked the main restaurant and had a distant sea view.. The room was very clean, a good size, a huge bed, walk in bath/shower room, separate loo. Toiletries were provided as well as a minibar, tea making facilities, safe and adequate wardrobe space.
First stop the piano bar, pleasant area, friendly staff, nice drinks any of them looked branded. Arriving at night we were hungry and asked the manager at reception if there was somewhere to eat. Sadly he was not terribly helpful and told us we could have room service if we paid for it. Another drink. By chance, we heard someone say there was a midnight buffet, great we thought only 45minutes to go. The choice of food was fantastic and the staff were lovely, just what we needed after travelling.
Each morning, at approximately 7.30, we were woken with the piped music from the main restaurant calling early birds to break fast, as people arrived, there was the hum of chatter and clanking of cutlery. This was probably our own fault because we slept with the balcony door open rather than having the air conditioning on.
The food in the hotel restaurant was excellent, we have never seen so much choice, we did however move into the adult only area after the second day because finding a table could be difficult and it was heavily populated with children(sorry). The staff in the buffet restaurant were helpful, friendly and attentive. The wine served with the meals was quite pleasant and as free flowing as you wanted it to be.
We tried two of the restaurants, the Japanese which was very good and a fun night and the Chinese which I found quite disappointing. In both restaurants we were surprised that we had to pay extra for our glasses of wine, we thought it was just the food.
The bars inside the hotel were great, again very helpful friendly staff, the piano bar, our usual haunt, busy at times but we always got served. Not sure about the pianist though, an awful lot of duff notes! Cocktail bar comfortable, great views but the lighting overhead changing so often could mak me feel nauseous. Bar street! loud! fun, great night for a change.
We did not venture outside in the evening because I think a lot of bars were closed and if there ever was anything happening it was poorly advertised. It was also chilly.
The ground were beautiful, so clean and well cared for, staff cleaning all the time, secluded areas or in the hustle and bustle, it was your choice. The beach was clean and decked to reach the sun beds, drinks available if you needed them. The sea was warmer than the beautiful very cold pools.
Towels available in many areas, lovely young ladies making beautiful shapes with the towels and always so pleasant.
We were there the week of the Russians! It busied the place up but to be quite honest we much preferred it to the last couple of days of our stay when many British families arrivesd with their children and totally forgot about supervision of their children. SOME children ran around the hotel, played with window blinds, climbed over furniture, yelled and forgot that word like please and thank you existed when ordering drinks from the staff. Parents were on holiday, oblivious? Again I say SOME.
One day we went on a twelve island boat trip, excellent value, if you get chance to do it, do.lunch was very good and it was so peaceful and relaxing. Great day.
We stayed for ten days. Would I return? Yes probably but for me a week would be enough.
If I booked again, I would choose a mountain view in Block 2 or B whatever it is called.
A lovely break.

Room Tip: Peace and quiet? Mountain view. Third floor not too far to walk.
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed with my husband and 6 year old boy. What fantastic value! I've never stayed all-inclusive before and I was so impressed with this. The food was faultless and hard to imagine anyone not liking it. Something for everyone! The whole complex was immaculate and something for all ages. Great slides and tennis courts!! The pools were freezing but it didn't stop us from going in every day! My son loved it! Great indoor pool too. The weather was superb and just what the doctor ordered before our cold dark nights kick in.
The staff were great and I believe this hotel represents true value for money if what you want is a great location to relax and unwind with delicious food and drink. It's not on a par with the hotels in Dubai but then again neither is the price. Those who complain about the service should maybe think about paying a lot lot more and going somewhere like that instead. I like nice places and this is most definitely one of them and the service was fine. Recommended!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank dawntom
Shepperton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Arrived by private shuttle taxi (scary drive ) checked in efficiently only to find 3 beds in room .(party of 4 ) bed quickly delivered . Excellent food every where ( I am a chef) table lay up after first sitting a little slow and neglected . Excellent drinks cold and hot . Very comfortable hotel . Yes pools are a little cold , slide pool excellent fun,life guards good fun to at pushing you down slides on request .Overall a very good half term break in the sun at the end of season for a good price. Would love to return in the summer but very expensive will leave it to the half term break again .

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeremy P
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I took my mum to this beautiful hotel to celebrate her 70th birthday as I wanted it to be an extremely special and memorable one.... and it certainly was! My sister and family had stayed the year before and had raved on about it so I thought I would see for myself! After our wonderful week, I regretted not having booked for two. There is nothing I can fault about the hotel: the food was divine and certainly plentiful! It was certainly hard not to resist the amazing range of dishes at each meal. Although, we were spoilt for choice in the main resturant, I booked a table at the Tao restaurant on my mum's actual birthday and was so impressed with the chef, who had really gone out of his way to prepare special vegetarian dishes with such care. I had been slightly hesitant about having Chinese food in Turkey but the food was exquisite! It also made a nice change to be waited on.
The service throughout our stay was consistently excellent and the facilities enabled us to unwind completely. There are many activities if you are feeling energetic, but we opted to chill out on the extremely comfortable beds and cushions around the pool area. The layout has certainly been given a lot of thought since peace and quiet can be found even with children staying.
The champagne bar and cocktail bar were just a few of the places that added that magic touch to the holiday, not to mention the luxurious rooms that contain everything you need. The grounds are also beautiful and really looked after every day. We both came away feeling re-energised and extremely satisfied with our stay.
If I had to see one negative thing, it would be about the massages. We had booked two 55 minute massages but this time was reduced as a result of the masseuses arriving late and finishing early! Disappointing when they were so expensive. When I complained, I was promised a 'treat' rather than a reduction but nothing was actually done about it. Apart from that, I have to say that it was a holiday of a lifetime for both of us, and one I would love to repeat again...but for longer next time!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed in a sea view room with the Mrs and our 3 year old Daughter. Don't believe any negative reviews on this site.. The food and service was excellent, just one morning we had to wait for a table outside to eat breakfast.. However, if we wanted a table immediately we could have just picked one inside... I had two concerns prior to arriving, one being Mosquitos the other being the quality of the beach/sea.. Both concerns were quashed, no bites, no dirty beach.. Animation team were great, evening shows were great, the abba tribute was.... Erm.... Well if that's the only bad thing.... You carnt complain... Would we stay there again... YES!

Room Tip: Not sure it's worth paying extra for a sea view or the private access to the pools..
1 Thank Dave B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarigerme
TUI BLUE Sarigerme Park
#4 of 102 in Fethiye
Jiva Beach Resort
Jiva Beach Resort
#5 of 102 in Fethiye

Been to Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!