“second fabulous visit”

Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Sarigerme
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was our second visit to the hotel we went there 3 years ago and still found the hotel to be as great as first time. There have been some changes since our last visit some better some not so.
We booked direct with the hotel requested a family room in block 2 but was told we had been allocated block 1, when I queried this were quickly changed to 2 deluxe direct pool rooms in block 2. They did offer us a spa suite or a corner suite but wanted all 5 of us to share, having had a spa suite last time we knew this would be totally impractical for 2 adults 3 teens.

Guest relations introduced them selves to us immediately, for some reason family checking in next to us were offered drinks on arrival but we were not which seemed a little inconsistent.As it was 9pm were all keen to avail our selves to the evenning buffet and were told our bags would be sent to the rooms for us to do so.Following our meal our bags were in our rooms and the extra bed was quickly made up.

Pools and grounds lovely went down about 9am to get a sun lounger still plenty about, in fact through out most of our stay you could get sun loungers. We saw that if people had a problem the pool attendant just removed towels off sun loungers that had not been used at all and moved the sun loungers to where people wanted to sit.

They have changed the bar times breeze bar now no longer open in the day so you have to walk to the vento for spirits cocktails a fair walk if you are sat around the quiet pool by block 2. Citirus bar now open until 12 midnight which was nice following dinner to go and get a good coffee. We sat out side nearly every night for dinner and for breakfast. they have someone who will find you a table this was a good change as being 5 they would have to put tables together for us.Infact you could pre request a table be ready for you. On our last visit travelled with family 8 of us getting a table outside for any meal was almost impossible as they did not offer the aforementioned service. Food still excellent lots of choice for every meal service could be a little mixed to slow to very good We did start to tip one waiter after evening meal as we seemed to have him as our server at breakfast and most evenings but that was mainly due to the fact he gave excellent service regardless of a tip.

We went to the Chinese restaurant, fantastic food better than last time but such slow service it was I would say the worst out of all the night we had a meal, just felt that there not enough waiters about for the amount of people using the restaurant.We did find that at breeze and vento the service had improved since last time very quick and efficient.

The entertainment was pretty awful outside groups that they brought in were mixed good to very bad.Last time there were a fantastic team who were very visible during the day and put on very good entertainment in the night both at the theater and down at breeze bar. This time what are they doing! Entertainment at breeze would be announced through out the day you make your way there and it would last 15 to 20 min and be pretty bad mostly just the entertainment team dancing for a few songs. This was then followed by a disco of techno music which drove most people away.Every day a disco was advertised at the vera outside disco area our teens went there twice and nothing going on there. Last visit this was very popular and where all the techno stuff was played leaving you to enjoy quieter music at breeze.

Lots of teenagers with a very good teen animator who every day would walk around and try to encourage the teens to join in the activities regardless of their language.They had loads for them to do and was lovely to see the teens making so many friends.We did miss this year the pool games in the afternoon that they had last time where adults and children would all join in.However there is so much to do darts, archery, airgun shooting,boccia, all sorts of sports activities that the team once you been to once would come and seek you out to join in so never any need to say you are bored.

Cocktails have improved this time as in consistency in how they are made, wine ok would be nice to see better brands on the spirits as most other AL that I have been to did much better branded spirits and better selection of cocktails, service at the bars quick and efficient though.

Our room was always made up lovely, nicely decorated towels a few times lots of toiletries replenished regularly only issue was that on some occasions room not done until about 530 pm.Rooms were very clean and towels bed linen changed frequently.

We did do some water sports however booked the snorkeling trip was supposed to go to 3 bays went to 2 stayed for 15 min in each were not offered the snorkeling equipment told we would at the next bay however at next bay the boat driver picked up some other people on a trip who wanted to go back to the Hilton, and we were then speeded off back to hotel no snorkeling!!!
we had left late as well so felt that at a cost of 150 euros we were well ripped off. complained when we got back and all they offered was a free go on a motor buggy which was pretty patheti
to go on. It turns out the Hilton use their staff to sell you sports but then use outside providers for the sports and said they had no control over them. The first choice just down the beach had much better boats ect same set up as Hilton we found out so anyone can go and do water sports there which I would recommend.

Would highly recommend this hotel as a family one and one for couples and looking forward to going back again in the future,a few niggles but certainly not enough to spoil the holiday in any way but please Hilton do some thing about the entertainment you offer in the night.

Room Tip: standard rooms bigger than the deluxe but deluxe have direct pool access
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sandra S

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We visited the beautiful Sarigerme in July this year and stayed two nights at Hilton. Everything was great and our five-year old had a memorable vacation. Two things that you need to be aware are the reservations process and the hotel's guest policy.

Regarding reservations, there is an inconsistency between Hilton's online booking system and the hotel's reservations desk. I checked the online system first (hhonors) to get an idea of availability and cost and had several options to choose from. Since we wanted to check in the following day, I decided to call the hotel directly. I was told that no rooms were available. I informed the agent about the online booking choices I had just seen and she was surprised by the inconsistency. She put me on hold to check with the back office during which I logged online and booked a deluxe room with easy pool access. After some time, she came back and reiterated the same message however I further surprised her by giving her the confirmation number. She put me on hold again to verify my reservation and after some time, she came back and told me what I wanted to hear. We checked in the next day without any problems and enjoyed two beautiful days.

Regarding the guest policy, there is a steep charge for friends and family visiting you for the day. This is understandable since the facilities and the food options are spectacular. Also given the $500+ per night room charge, hotel management probably thinks not many people will care about the extra spend. Our parents came by in the morning of our departure to give us a ride to the Dalaman airport. They had an awful experience at the front gate and also at the reception. Lots of questions at the gate followed by dad's driver's license being confiscated. Lots of questions again at the reception where they were asked to pay the guest fee in order to come up to our room. I had to go down to the receptionist to explain why my parents came and that we were checking out after breakfast. I had a chat with the lady in charge whose name was Selmin Yigit. She kept us standing there while she went in and out and finally said my parents could not come in unless they paid a fee for breakfast ($35 per person). No objections to that! We paid the fee and checked out after breakfast. In retrospect, I thought this was the low point of our stay. I did not appreciate my parents to be asked for payment nor did I want them to be grilled with unnecessary questions. It would have been better had the receptionist called my room and discussed the matter in private.

The spa was one of the high points so we recommend Naime for facials and massage. Also thanks to our waiter Emrah Genc who made us feel at home.

Room Tip: Deluxe room where the stairway goes down to the pool is great for couples but not for families with...
1  Thank Erik E
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We travelled to this resort at the end of May, we were a party of 10 ranging from our 4 year old grandson to myself (a pensioner!!) We also had 3 teenage lads so it was a really mixed family group. We were worried that the resort would not live up to its reviews but in fact it was better than we hoped for.One slight problem was when we checked in at just after 22.00 and discovered there was no food available until midnight BUT as we were only concerned for our grandson and said so by the time we got him to his room there was a plate of spaghetti (his favourite) waiting for him. Our 4 rooms were all together as requested and were superb. The facilities were also great with something for everyone which made for a great 10 days. Two of our foster sons had not been on holiday anywhere before so this was mind blowing for them. They joined in with Darts , archery, volleyball, water polo , crazy golf, Boules and found the pools brilliant and the water slides. Our grandson was also impressed with the water slides for his age and the little pools. Food was excellent and plentiful, service was also excellent with nothing being too much trouble... I could go on for ages extolling the virtues of the hotel however our holiday was made complete when 3 of the rooms were upgraded to fantastic Spa rooms for the last 4 days which the other 8 in our party (we stayed put) thought were absolutely brilliant with the Jacuzzi and Sauna plus everything else. I will finish by saying that this is a place we will return to .

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank WELLANDITE
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a resort for families with kids. There are activities throughout the day to keep kids and parents occupied - sort of like a Club Med for families. Consequently, there is a constant background music starting from the breakfast muzak piped in to the outdoor restaurant (audible from our balcony) and continuing with the miked calls of the animation staff to advertise their activities shortly thereafter. Sometimes intrusive, such music and the general announcements continued throughout the day and into the night. You could get away from it a bit at the beach, but not completely. The content of the music wasn't all that interesting either: the breakfast tape was the same most of the days (Barry Manilow, Barbra Streisand, Frank Sinatra, etc. and their covers) and the tape at the fish restaurant started repeating before we got to desert.

Another consistent irritation was the heat in the lobby and in the corridors leading to the rooms. The main building has a glass roof, which is great for letting in light. But, it also made the public areas unbearably hot.

The food at the main buffet area was plentiful. The only suggestion I have is that summer soups should be available more frequently. I was told that there is gazpacho soup only on mondays. Even the restaurants in Istanbul have understood that cold soup is an indispensable part of the summer menu; it's about time that the hotels in hotter climates also did the same.

The staff were extremely helpful and positive; though, a few voiced frustration with their pay, which is rare in my experience.

The all-inclusive system was ok; drinks were available generously around the resort and at restaurants. We got tired of the bland house wine after a couple of days and sprung for a better wine for an extra cost, though.

The presence of a la carte restaurants, at an extra cost of 15 euros per person, made dining interesting. There are also numerous bars scattered around the compound.

The "Spa" in the name of the hotel is a fantastic place; definitely a highlight. Also, it was not crowded. We discovered that it is about as quiet a place as there is in the resort - truly for relaxation. It also contains artistic surprises - a mosaic wall of mythological scenes and numerous pre-Raphaelite type paintings on the theme of bathing! You don't often see these.

Finally, the beach was wide and generally not crowded. Even though the strong daily afternoon winds coming in from the sea made it amenable for good swimming only in the morning, it was still a highlight of the resort in our opinion.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank memofromistanbul
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our stay at this hotel started in a very wrong way due to dubious behavior by our travel agent. The Guest Relations Manager had to intervene and set the record straight as we were "Hilton Guests". Thanks to his intervention, our holiday could finally start. We were a group of 15 people, the whole family.
We found the service to be outstanding despite what some have been saying. Never in a single week, I had heard so much the word "My pleasure". That was a systematic reply I got from all waiters in the main restaurant.
I do not recommend eating outside the main buffet restaurant as the quality and choice are above average and outstanding for the majority of dishes.
If you are going with Kids, prepare for the best in terms of pools, animations, playground and a special buffet for Kids!
One weak point to be noted, the air-conditioning in the lobby could be better. Is it a choice by management? In the rooms, it was perfect. Talking about rooms, the beds are very comfortable.
Housekeeping could be a little improved in terms of speed and comprehensiveness of the cleaning.
It was worth every single minute to be there.

Room Tip: Choose a room with direct pool and access. Will save you a lot of walking.
2  Thank LeRegulier
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This place was an absolute oasis for us after a rowdy 4 hour flight. The reception staff were expecting us and our rooms were exactly as requested (one twin, one King on same floor but not adjacent). Having stayed in 4/5 star hotels around the world, you would be surprised at how often booking requests aren't met or rooms not even ready! Firstly, this hotel is spotlessly clean and has a very new and stylish feel. Our room was huge, with a balcony on two sides and a mountain view. Bathroom was spacious with a separate vanity area and a wet-room with bath and monsoon shower. Air-con worked very well also. As we arrived at 11.30 p.m. we were advised that the Midnight buffet would be open soon, so that's what we did. Limited selection of food but we could see that this was only a small part of the restaurant so no worries.
Breakfast is excellent, with a huge selection of hot and cold food, including "Pig Product Corner" for the bacon addicts and eggs a plenty. We managed to eat outside for all of our meals in the buffet, which seemed more relaxing than the indoor area, which reminded me of an upmarket school canteen.
Service very much depended on which waiter you were served by; some were quick and attentive (Aycan), whereas others seemed to deliberately avoid eye contact, although all were friendly. Dinner was good, again plenty of choice, with the menu changing most evenings alongside the ubiquitous staples of salads, pasta etc. If you like desserts you will be spoilt for choice. For lunch we ate at either Breeze or Vento, which were both relaxing and efficient at the same time, serving good quality pasta/pizza/burger fayre. It was easy enough to get drinks during the day, although I'm not sure you could get spirits at the pool bars until the evening?
We didn't bother with the a la carte restaurants. as the buffet suited our teenagers much better. I think if we'd stayed longer we would have been in need of the variety though! Pools were huge and never seemed crowded, although there is one major problem: Sunbeds!!! Unless you reserve a lounger by 9.00 in the morning you will end up in the back of beyond i.e. not next to a pool. This really needs to be addressed as some guests were slinging their towels on loungers in the morning and not using them until late afternoon. A French family in front of us pitched up to their towel-clad beds at 5.07 one afternoon and used them for 20 minutes. C'est la Vie! Overall though, a relaxing holiday, in a top quality hotel that needs to sort out one or two issues and maybe employ a few more waiters.

2  Thank UKMarkB
Reviewed July 29, 2013

a great beach to stay for a family holiday. We went without children and we found hotel too noisy with far too many children . The decoration is not great but it is ok . The problems we had were with the airconditioning. It kept breaking down. The maintenance guy fixed it a few times, but it was happening againa nd again. We were never offered to change rooms until we asked and then it took almost another 2 days.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
İlke S, Manager at Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel,.Your feedback is very important to enable us to continue providing the highest standards of service.I am sorry that you have experienced a problem with the air conditioner..I have shared your comments with the rest of the management team.We will take the necessary actions as soon as possible.

Nonetheless we hope that you choose to return to Hilton Dalaman Sarıgerme in the future .We would be very happy to have you back.

Sincerely

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarigerme
TUI BLUE Sarigerme Park
TUI MAGIC LIFE Sarigerme
Hillside Beach Club
Hillside Beach Club
#5 of 101 in Fethiye

Been to Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!