“Amazing”

Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Sarigerme
“Amazing”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

LOVED THE HOLIDAY , went with our 2yr old and it was faultless and I'm very hard to please . Booked again for this summer . The food was gorgeous and always plenty to choose from . The staff were fantastic . If I had to find fault I would say that the outdoor entertainment could have been more sheltered as its by the river so the Mosquitos are lively . But we sprayed and we only got one bite so that's not so bad .

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Oscarsmummy1
988998787870, e-Commerce Manager at Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are glad you and your family enjoyed your stay.
Your comments will be shared with pride with hotel staff.
See you next summer.

Regards,

Hilton Dalaman Sarıgerme Resort & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (610)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 21, 2012

This is a letter i sent to Hilton Dalaman following my family holiday in October 2012 - They felt that they didn't need to reply... need i say more about their level of customer service?

Having stayed at the Hilton Dalaman resort in August 2011 with my wife, we were so delighted that we decided to return to the resort with our 4 year old and 5 month old sons for a week in October 2012.
Arriving at the hotel after 22.00h of the 17th October, we were promptly checked in and encouraged to upgrade from our pre-booked standard room to a deluxe room on the fourth floor, which we were told had a larger floor area and private steps to a quieter pool to the side of the hotel. We decided that we would take the upgrade at a price of 560TL (circa £200) however this brings me to my first complaint as I feel the hotel reception used hard sell tactics to encourage me to upgrade, saying that our pre-booked standard room wouldn’t be available for 45 minutes, I felt that having a tired 4 year old child and a baby who was crying for a bottle, I really didn’t have a choice other than to pay the extra charge and get to our room, also there was no food available until midnight and our only option was to pay for room service, have you tried telling a four year old boy that after travelling for 6 hours that he can have food for a further 2 hours!?
We were guided to our room by the porter who seemed to run at a pace of knots barely uttering a word to us as we tried to keep up. Upon arrival at our room (2495) the first thing which struck me was that the room ‘felt’ smaller than the standard room from our stay the previous year, however on seeing the stunning view from our balcony the following morning, we decided not to complain about the miss-selling for the room size. Also the steps to the pool were not private as we had been told but actually shared with no less than 6 rooms, meaning potential traffic of up to 32 people; this is hardly the definition of private that I have been taught. Once again we decided not to mention this as it was just a minor inconvenience.
On Saturday (20/10) after dinner, my family and I returned to our room and decided to sit on the balcony for a final drink before bed, I gently pulled the balcony door closed so that the room would remain cool and keep any bugs out, when I then tried to open the balcony door from the outside I was unable to, it was shut fast. Seeing that my wife and I were becoming panicked, our 4 year old son became hysterical scared to be locked on the balcony, this in turn upset our baby who had been fast asleep, who became equally hysterical. Having tried to shout for help for 20 minutes, I took the drastic decision, that to get my family out of this situation it would be necessary to jump from our fourth floor balcony. Having made the leap and hurting my right foot and bruising my left knee, I hobbled to reception and explained what had happened to the duty manager, after 10 minutes of trying to explain myself he finally understood and agreed to accompany me to my room to rescue my family and to see the situation first hand, upon returning to the room he could see that my wife and children were indeed locked out on the balcony, bizarrely he asked if the cleaners had locked us out!
The following morning I spoke to Izmel Aydin, guest relations manager regarding the situation from the previous night, she was apologetic conceding that this was a dangerous situation that has not happened before; she then proceeded to say that she would speak to the hotel general manager as they would like to make a gesture of apology.
The following evening we received a ½ bottle of red wine, a bowl of rancid fruit and a typed note saying ‘We are sorry for your inconvenience’ I felt that this gesture was as an insult, as the situation of being locked out of a fourth floor balcony was not an inconvenience, it was dangerous and emotionally upsetting. The insulting gesture was further compounded when we spoke to another guest who told us that, after receiving slow service at the buffet canteen and subsequently complaining to reception, they too received the default wine, fruit and note. I feel that this default level of apology is both rude and shows total disrespect to your guests.
Upon check out on the 24th October, I was presented with an invoice totalling 385TL (c£140) for dining at the a la carte restaurants and room service, when I explained to the receptionist that I did not want to pay this due to the fact that we had been put in to a seriously dangerous situation and felt that to wipe this bill was a suitable gesture by the hotel, he then called the reception supervisor Selmin Yigit, who aggressive in her manner told me that I had no choice but to pay the bill as ‘we had signed for the services’ I again explained the situation to her but clearly getting no satisfaction I asked to speak to the hotel manager, however I was told that this person was unavailable, after several phone calls Izmel Aydin appears, I again explain the situation to her and she explained to me that as we had not had a problem with the area to which the charges were applied then they would not be refunded, also the hotel felt that the situation of being locked on a balcony was not dangerous or the fault of the hotel, disgusted with her apathy to my family I demanded to speak with the most senior member of the team available within the hotel, Izmel told me that this was Hakan Kurtul, business development manager, and I would need to wait to be seen by him.
He arrived about 25 minutes later and asked if we could speak in private, away from the other guests and my family!
I explained the problems again to Hakan, he told me that the hotel had been inspected and this was not a problem and the hotel would take no responsibility, and he felt that a waiter spilling a drink on a guest was worse than a family with young children being locked out on a fourth floor balcony, as I am sure you can imagine the conversation then became quite heated and I feel that Hakan was both rude and insulting, I was further insulted when he accused me of locking myself out of the room, in fact his whole attitude was one of disinterest, constantly playing with his mobile phone throughout our meeting, he even went on to say that ‘he didn’t care’ if we contacted Hilton Group or posted a negative review online’ to compound further insult the attitude of Selmin Yigit was appalling, aggressively barking at my wife and I that we ‘better pay the bill, or else’
If the Hilton Dalaman prides itself as the panicle of Turkish and Hilton hospitality and customer service then you are seriously misguided.
As an aside to my main complaint, I was a little annoyed that several of the a la carte restaurants were closed and the resort had a general feeling of winding down and the general feeling of the staff was one of disinterest, with one barman telling me that ‘if they send me home tomorrow...I wouldn’t care’ inferring that he was fed up of working at the hotel. I feel that as a customer paying in excess of £2000 for a week holiday, my family and I should be treated with the care and attention as if we were the only guest, if it isn’t possible to offer a high level of service to guests in October then booking should not be taken.
Also the hotel has an ice cream stand advertising Ben and Jerry's ice cream, however after paying 24tl (c£10) for two ice cream milk shakes, it was explicitly evident that the ice cream was not the branded Ben and Jerry's ice cream which we were expecting but the same product that as available for free at the restaurants. I wonder if Ben and Jerry would be interested in hearing about the Hilton selling a counterfeited product? I’m sure Hilton wouldn't be too happy if the Hilton branding was used without permission!

As this complaint was referred back to the hotel by Rona Granville and their reply was complete apathy towards my family and me. It is blatantly clear that Hilton Dalaman do not care about the poor experience that we had during our stay at the hotel, and as a result I wish for this matter to be handled by Hilton group at a corporate level. I feel saddened by this whole matter as I have stayed in various Hilton hotels throughout the UK and this was our 2nd stay at the Dalaman Hotel and we were seriously considering our 3rd stay for summer 2013, however now I do not feel that Hilton can be trusted to have my family’s best interest at heart.
I will very much look forward to your response and hope we can conclude this matter promptly, restoring my faith in the Hilton Brand.

Room Tip: The hotel does the little things well. but don't dare have a serious problem. Do not upgrade to...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
32 Thank neirin
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We spent 6 nights at the Hilton Sari Germe Resort in Turkey which we found very enjoyable. Staff was very friendly. Variety and quality of foods were excellent in all restaurants. Its superb location, setting and facilities are a memory for long time to come. Customer service staff was amazingly friendly. However, WiFi was very expensive to use, while most of the expensive Resorts around the world offer this service free to their customers.

Room Tip: The architectural design and layout of elevators do not allow much preferential location of rooms. I...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Sabir S
988998787870, e-Commerce Manager at Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Hilton Dalaman Sarıgerme Resort & Spa and for sharing your thoughts with us.
We were delighted to serve you during your recent stay at Hilton Dalaman Sarıgerme Resort&Spa. And it is very nice to read that you has a lovely stay.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 22, 2012

First time in package type resort hotel and first time all inclusive. I was in the grand suite, which was very nice, certainly large enough for me and two kids and we had another family of 4 in the resort so enjoyed sharing the facility with them too. The hotel was clean and well maintained and there was plenty of space for the guests there at this time of year. It was warm in the evening and although there were a few spots with reasonable AC, it was difficult some evenings to stay cool. The main restaurant food buffet was ok, not great, and the included wine was not to my taste anywhere, it was very cheap and nasty. Options for imports were limited and trying to get served it, even though we paid extra harder still, surprisingly. Internet was only available in man building, again frustrating as many outlets were away from main areas. Charging for all speciality restaurants seemed a bit much I felt. Service was patchy. We did get some excellent service, sometimes. I guess as far as this type of package hotel goes it was ok, I won't be rushing back, or doing the all inclusive experience again though without much more info as don't think it was really worthwhile for us. Kids loved it all that said, and it was not bad, just once again, not good enough.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank RichardUpshall
988998787870, e-Commerce Manager at Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for taking your time to write this review and share some inconsistencies during your stay.
We have shared your constructive feedback with the relevant areas and we will certainly use it for to improve our service quality.
Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Dalaman Sarıgerme Resort & Spa.
Kind Regards,

london england
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Went for 3 nights at the end of October with a friend for a little bit of sun before the winter.

Arrived about 9pm and were checked in quickly and told dinner would finish at 9.30 so our bags could be taken to our room so we didn't miss eating. We decided to eat at the midnight supper instead and went to our room to freshen up. We had booked a twin room but were given a king size bed instead, so went back to reception to see if we could move. As the hotel was full a single bed was put in the room and we were told they would move us the next day.
We had a walk around and a drink or two and then went to eat at midnight.
The hotel is beautiful, the grounds and pools lovely and the choice of food at midnight was very good, well presented and extremely tasty. After a coulpe of cocktails we were ready to sleep.

Next morning after a very comfortable night we had a great breakfast, amazing choice again and beautifully prepared and presented. Went to see reception about moving and decided to stay where we were as although the extra bed took up quite a bit of room, being near the lobby, and our visit being so short we didn't want to waste any time that could be spent in the sun.

All the facilities were wonderful, and the live music on the Friday night was great. A couple of the outdoor bars and restaurants were closed as the hotel was closing up for winter the following week, but this didn't detract from us having a great time.

Spent all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday in the sun during the day, and eating drinking and enjoying the entertainments in the evenings.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and we were treated very well. We couldn't help noticing how few people said please and thankyou when ordering drinks and food, presumably they are the sort of people who then complain about the staff not being friendly. We had no such problem, the staff were all great.

Would definately stay here again, I think this hotel would be very hard to beat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank destinyschild
988998787870, e-Commerce Manager at Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Valued Hilton Guest,

First of all thank you very much for your nice comments.
It is very nice to hear that you left our hotel happily.
Your review will be shared with our staff and management team.
Hope to see you next year at Hilton Dalaman Sarıgerme once again.

Regards,

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2012

we arrived in Dalaman and were take to the Hilton by taxi 20 minutes away. The hotel was amazing the reception was breathtaking as was the three floor the lower floor were the buffet restaurant was, there were shops a coffee shop open from 10am to 10pm with every coffee/ tea you could imagine and cakes to pretty to eat! a lovely tree filled corridor led to the restaurants which were to be paid for. Our room was on the same floor as the reception there was a wet room and bath, seperate toilet and seperate sink hairdryer and shaving point , the bed was a mear 8ft wide a flat screne tv on the wall loads of hanging space bedside cabinets a large dressing tabe chair and table, the varander was a good size with two chairs and glass table, we did not have much of a view but as we were not in the room that much it was not a problem. The food in the buffet restaurant was excellent and loads of choice there was an adult only part and a massive eating out area We did sample all the restaurants which you had to pay for, considering it is all inclusive this i felt was a little unfair, but they were brilliant we went to the Turkish so many starters hardly any room for anyhthing else, the fish restaurant we had amazing salmon steaks, the italian, bread to die for although we had to pay I think they were well worth the extra the service and food was amazing.There were loads of sunbeds and towels 10 swimming pools a nice beach there was acqua gym twice a day that i went to when we were in the hotel this was great fun. There were loads of places to sit and have coffee lovely bars especially the piano bar live relaxing music and the cocktail bar with changing lights in the ceiling and great views of outside We walked into Saragame (cant remember correct spelling sorry) about 20 minutes a nice walk, there were loads of taxis which were cheap and a fixed price if you didnt feel that energetic there was a small market there on a Sunday such good fun bartering for bargains.We went on a few good trips especially good was the one to the mud baths,turtle sanctuary,lunch the market etc., we didnt get home until 6pm well worth the money.The only negatives were there was no dress code in the restaurants you could be standing next to someone in a long evening gown, and the person on the other side would have shorts on, for such a top class hotel i think this should be addressed. The evening entertainment was pretty rubbish the best two nights was a 70s night which a disco a caper van were the disco was coming from and large screnes each side so whatever tune came on you saw the original artist performing. There was also a rock and roll night both of which were excellent I would definately recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: i think all the room would be nice in this hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank JANSDIARY
988998787870, e-Commerce Manager at Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 12, 2012

Greetings from Sarıgerme.
Thank you very much for such a positive review. The team are extremely motivated by the great feedback we have received.
We truly look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind regards,

Warrington
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed here for 10 nights from 18th September 2012. First visit, lovely hotel but wouldn't go back. The hotel is not in a good situation for you to get out and about. Our last visit to Turkey was 8 years ago and we thought we would be able to have a few trips out or at least get a dolmus from near to the hotel. Unfortunately the Thomas Cook rep was nowhere to be found apart from one day in the 10 days we were there. There was a village which was about 30-40 mins walk, not good in the heat, or you could get a taxi. But to be honest we didn't hear one good word about it, so didn't bother. One word of caution, we were picked up from the hotel for our return flight by taxi, we were not informed of this and had no idea what was happening as the taxi driver did not speak one word of English and only had a scrap of paper on him with our names written on it. Reception came to the rescue - come on Thomas Cook we expect so much more from you than this and the planes are abismal for the length of flight - NIGHTMARE! So hotel very nice, food very good, rooms very nice, Al a Carte (Italian) lovely and cost £23.83 extra for the 2 of us with wine included, pools good, entertainment ok, bars ok. Thomas Cook Reps - what's the point.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank NileBabeWarrington
988998787870, e-Commerce Manager at Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Hilton Dalaman Guest,

Greetings from Sarıgerme,
Firstly we would like to thank you for your nice comments about our hotel. And sorry for the difficulties with your travel agency.
We look forward to see you at our property once again.

Hilton Dalaman Sarıgerme Resort & Spa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarigerme
TUI BLUE Sarigerme Park
#1 of 3 in Dalaman
Jiva Beach Resort
Jiva Beach Resort
#4 of 101 in Fethiye

Been to Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!