My family (wife and 4-year old son) and I spent last 10 days of August at this hotel. The problems we faced made us think about never come to Greece at all (we will definitly never come even close to this bloody hotel) - I really do not know how they got that tripadvisor green label on front door. Long story short (the list of problems we hade - judge yourself):
1. as soon as we get the receptionist (later I found out that he is some kind of manager for the personnel - !?) he tried to explain that we missed hotel (without checkin our names - he judged based on the name of the agency stated on our voucher) and that we have to travel 300km more. The guy thought that we missed the town even there is only one Ouranopolis in whole Greece and "Ouranopolis" was clearly stated in our voucher (agency confirmation for booking)
2. when we finally (after 15 minutes) solve the first problem... another one came. They gave as the room which was full of humidity with obvious leakeges in the bathroom. We got back to the reception and after a very upsetting conversation finaly got the room we suppose to get at the very beginning (do not ask me why they tried to give us the room that is not for humans - probably part of their professionalism)
3. the beach is sandy but the entrance in the sea is full of rocks. Deep water is very close to the shore so forget enjoying with children
4. slides are not working - just some of them, football and basketball field have no power in the evening !? They probably think you should play football and baskeball during the sunny day. I tried to aks them to turn on the light on the field but they said that the field is open only during the day - that kind of information you will not find on their web page.
5. tennis table is not working
6. pool security (rescue) guy is not present most of the time. There is a sign that clearly states that is forbidden to swimm if the rescue guy is not present - funny, don't you think ?
7. during one night we had 4 telephone calls - very upsetting. When I called the reception desk about this they told me just to pull out the cable from the wall - !?
8. finnaly we found a poison snake above our entrance door. My wife and I spent nearly 3 hours to calm our 4-year old son. Last night my son told me: "please, stay with me in my bed because I do not want that snake come and eat me". That made me right this comment nearly two months later. In order to compensate us for this unpleasent experience hotel manager decided to move us in royal appartment, but as soon as we saw that the "royal" appartment is full of humidity and leackeges, we have decided to go home (two days earlier)
Feel free to contact me (email@example.com) so I can send you some photos.
CONCLUSION: you have to be completely mad in order to stay at this hotel. Manager of this hotel (the one who was trying to prove me that I missed the hotel just as we got to it) told me: "you know, we are 4 star hotel and other 4 star hotels are charge you only for the air you breath... so, do not complain too much". Greece good buy, Turkey here I come !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The deluxe “Aristoteles Holiday Resort & Spa” Hotel is amphitheatrically built 50m. away from the seashore in Ouranoupolis-Halkidiki. The Hotel is situated 113 km away from the “Macedonia” Airport of Thessaloniki.“Aristoteles Holiday Resort & Spa” Hotel of 250 rooms (double rooms, superior, family, maisonettes and suites). All rooms have a balcony with a view to the sea, air condition, telephone, satellite television, bathroom with shower or bath tab, hair dryer and refrigerator.The hotel’s congress center has 15 hall combinations with a capacity of 20 to 1100 people, with a perfect sound isolation and the necessary audio visual equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and HostelWorld so you can book your Aristoteles Holiday Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aristoteles Holiday Resort & Spa Ouranoupolis, Halkidiki, Greece