“Nice hotel”

Porto Carras - Sithonia
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Neos Marmaras
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I spent 15 days with my family (my wife, two kids 1,5 and 6,5 and myself) in this hotel in beginning of June 2012 (UAI). We were impressed with Porto Carras complex and didn't have any major remark. The rooms are big enough (I can recommend see side view rooms), with specious balcony and were cleaned daily There are the swimming pools for all ages including little babies, but we preferred the beach which is very nice and clean but, as we were there before the season started actually, I believe that it can be overcrowded in the season. Huge restaurant offer a wide range of choices, but it is not the best we visited - I think the number of guests which have to be served is the main reason for that. Anyway we were satisfied with the food as well as with pool and beach bar services. The animation team were also very good and animated all guest all day - including kids disco in the evening. Conclusion is that you will not make mistake if you choose this hotel to spend your holiday, but we prefer smaller hotels that this one and that is the only reason for 4 stars "only".

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Boban S
Ermioni_S, Hotel Manager at Porto Carras - Sithonia, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking time to post your kind review regarding your accommodation in Porto Carras Sithonia 5* Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests.
In addition, we do appreciate that you have chosen our hotel to spend your vacations and we are delighted to know that our services have exceeded your expectations. We sincerely hope to welcome you to our resort again soon.

Kind Regards,
Ermioni Spyropoulou
Sithonia Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,093)

Reviewed January 20, 2014

The 5 stars level expected is here but not perfect !
The rooms are cosy and clean but nothing special, the balcony with sea view is tiny but really nice for a drink.
The resort is quite big and you can easy walk / run around, enjoy golf or other activities. The casino is inside the hotel and everything is thinking to let you stay in.
The staff is really nice but really stressed, the food is just a typical resort buffet full of different food, so do not hesited to try other restaurant in the resort.

The Spa is quite a joke, it is really small and nothing you can really dream about, you need to book in advance to get a chance to go through and the Spa water is fill with Sea water ... Not sure about the logic of it when you have Many privates beaches along the resort !

The location is not really good for who loves visit, the town next to the hotel is really small and a part some boutique you will not have much to see.

This place is perfect for a standard resort hollidays but not much.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Aurore_French

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your informative comments posted on Trip Advisor. We are very pleased that you have enjoyed some of the activities of our resort. Regarding the sea water in the pools, kindly note that it is very healthy for the skin and for the body in general. Besides, we kindly inform you that there is a variety of restaurants in the marina area with sea food and Italian food, and an Asian restaurant in Sithonia Hotel. Despite the points that you did not enjoyed, we are looking forward to seeing you again and offer remarkable holidays.

Kind Regards,
Ermioni Spyropoulou
Sithonia Hotel Manager

Reviewed December 27, 2013

One of the best hotels in Halkidiki and probably the best resort, offering many possible activities in one place (including vineyards and excellent locally produced wines, sports, beautiful nature of the resort, beaches etc.). The rooms are spacious, confortable and clean, the food is excellent, it is especially fine for the families with children, happy to visit again; location of the resort is excellent and by using the car is possible to visit many beautiful beaches on Sithonia peninsula, thus it is also very nice for those who wants fine accommodation plus moving around; although offering free sunbeds and umbrelas, the hotel beach is fine but just average as there are many beautiful beaches around and on Sithonia peninsula and many of them are recommendable to visit;

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nedeljko V
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Spending wonderful, The best hotel in Halkidiki .Spacious and clean rooms,Μagnificent views of the sea, rich breakfast ,extremely good food, clean restaurants.
The resort has many activities, casino is great for fun and drink.
The staff are pleasant and willing to servise .
With a few improvements could be made even better, definitely visit again in the future.
Thank you for your hospitality. '' KEEP WALKING''

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aggelos S
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I read carefully the reviews about this hotel, but I did not believe it can be so bad.

First impression: old stairs leading to dirty reception area. The corridors really smell on mould. I really did not expected old dirty carpet which was not vacuumed during all our stay. The carpet was really ugly and dirty. The furniture in the room was old, except for the beds, which were really comfortable.
The wc was a story of itself. Maybe it was a 5 star 30-40 years ago, but now it was outdated and the toilet could not be used properly-it was flooded all the time. I was really concerned that we might get some disease from the toilet. As for the public toilets-I have never seen such dirty toilets. It seemed that they were never cleaned properly.
Mini bar-1 bottle of still water PER STAY ! What a 5 star hotel :).
The food in the restaurant was good, but there was no sea food, only frozen fish prepared in various ways.
The beach, the location is really beautiful..We had a room with a sea view and the view was really amazing.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank ilija1807
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I recently stayed as an all inclusive guest in the hotel. While the staff are proficient I wouldn't say that they would go out of their way to assist you, and NEVER EVER smiled. The food and drink were, for a hotel that likes to bill itself as above par (should you believe the hotels television channel about the complex) extremely mediocre. We had the same things on the menu night after night - pasta, chips, rice and a mixture of red and white meat (all of which was in the smallest portions). There didn't seem to be any particular queueing system put in place by the hotel at meal-times, and given that there can be up to 800 guests in the hotel when full (there were at least 650 in the hotel during some point during my stay and the buffet restaurant didn't seem able to cope with these numbers). I would have thought that they would have something to stop their less refined guests from pushing in, or as it personally happened to me and I witnessed this with several other guests, being shoved out of the way. When I queried the 'restaurants' manager I was just told that 'its there culture' while totally ignoring my British culture of forming an orderly queue. The hotel bar also left a lot to be desired, staff had a bad attitude and they had replaced brand name fizzy drinks with what seemed liked Soda Stream drinks. The hotel still charges for WiFi (I've stayed in smaller places and was given free access codes); safes in the room are ridiculously high (at the top of the wardrobes). The electrics in the rooms are also wired in such a way that they often trip and you have to enter your room in the dark and fumble around to find a 'special switch' that turns all of the lights on again. I've noticed that the hotel's website also says that they have Satellite TV, this is kind of true, if you like True Movies and a wonky music channel that makes everything sound like it's underwater...and CNN for news and weather. The rooms only saving grace was the bathroom, the shower was excellent as was unusually for a hotel room the hair-drier. The maid service to the room was not so good, they did come in and make the bed everyday, but the sheets were not changed the entire time I was there and I was only given 1 towel in my room (I'm a women, I also need one for my hair). The mini-bar was pitiful, no booze - just two bottles of water which I drank within the first couple of days and they were not replenished, I had to ask as reception for more - very poor!

The complex itself its very big, they have a twin hotel which had been closed for the winter and was being refurbished (we think...we were told that by another guest who had booked and paid for the other hotel, but on arrival was told this...) there are also lots of activities to enjoy, horse riding (not open due to them closing down for the winter) mountain biking (we had to give them a days notice so they could call the man to come in and give us the bikes - he did nothing else other than this); there's also a small vineyard with (for Greece) fairly decent wine, apparently in the hight of summer there are also a variety of water sports to take part in, most of the extra activities are reasonably priced.

All in all I would never go back to this hotel given that they cater to their majority 'audience' whilst forgetting that other people also visit the hotel. As they are in the service industry it would be wise for them to cater to all of their visitors and not just those they receive the majority of their visitors from....they may even raise the number of 'other' guests they receive!

Room Tip: if you want a sea view do not book the 'Mountain Room' view as you'll mostly get a view...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
10  Thank J L F
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed in Porto Carras in late August, where we had a truly memorable holiday. The hotel staff were incredibly friendly, with a good level of English and always willing to assist us with any of our needs. We really enjoyed the meals inside the hotel and in particular the breakfast, with so much to choose from. There are so many things to do there, you could never get bored. Our favorite activity was visiting the winery and learning about their wines, we loved the white wines and we ended up taking a couple of bottle home!
It was such a relaxing holiday and the hotel made sure we had everything we needed to enjoy our stay. Thank you again to all the staff, and we hope to see you in 2014!

• Stayed: August 2013
Blue Dolphin Hotel
Blue Dolphin Hotel
#1 of 3 in Metamorfosi
Acrotel Athena Pallas Village

Been to Porto Carras - Sithonia? Share your experiences!