“Porto Carras,Sithonia - Disappointment”

Porto Carras - Sithonia
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Neos Marmaras
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Hello, I was in Sithonia hotel with my family in the beginning of the May this year. We stayed there 4 days, but it was disappointing ! First of all, the room was old, smell strange, the towels were changed rarely or never changed or self-service running try hotel to find some cleaning- leady , most of the day we don't have a hot water, the pool for children was nice but every morning some of the gests are occupied all of the sunbeds and chairs even before breakfast , food and the beverages were like some hotel with 2+ or 3 star, only one time fish and souflaki for lunch and drinks at the pool/beach bar was no name with strange taste and very poor! Positive: great location, sports fields, beach and nature. So conclusion: for money spend there for UAI in best case is fanny what they offer for that, sorry but this is our first and last time there... :(

6  Thank Toni M
Ermioni_S, Υπεύθυνος Δημοσίων Σχέσεων at Porto Carras - Sithonia, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Please accept our personal apologies for the dissatisfaction that you felt during your stay at Porto Carras Sithonia Hotel. I would like shortly to inform you about the problems that you reported:
Regarding the towels, please accept our policy, that towels are changed once per day during the regular housekeeping turnover, whereas beach towels are changed as soon as they are used by putting them inside the bath tub. Regular posters are placed inside the room.
Reservation of sunbeds is strictly forbidden and it is clearly written on sign on very umbrella. While all foods and beverages are offered due to Premium All Inclusive Program that you have received upon your arrival. We are sorry to notice that you don’t want to visit us again in the future, however we expect you to enjoy next time the luxury that we offer with the Loyalty Reward Program as a repeater guest.

Best Regards,

There are newer reviews for Porto Carras - Sithonia

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We were utterly disappointed with the services offered in Sithonia Resort. The staff was rude and unprofessional, the common areas were dump, the guestroom was large enough but simply decorated and rather dirty. There was dust all around and also some hotel's pets being accommodated with us, ants, spiders... We were halfboard. The meals were just discusting and the restaurant a mess, they didn't even have glasses but plastic cups! The pools were nice but not clean at all. About the common toilets, let me not make a reference.

Room Tip: Try not to have views of the parking lot. Golf view or sea view, rooms with pool view can be noisy a...
5  Thank sto_char
Ermioni_S, Υπεύθυνος Δημοσίων Σχέσεων at Porto Carras - Sithonia, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Guest,
Firstly, we would like to thank for the time that you spent in order to prepare this review. Kindly note that Porto Carras Sithonia hotel operates only on All Inclusive basis and no halfboard. As, I understood there is a small misunderstanding. Nevertheless, we do apologize for the unpleasant situation that we bring to you and we are inviting you again in our resort next year and we hope to have solved all the comments that you mentioned.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

All inclusive hotel now.on one side is a beautiful beach,white sand,pine trees next to the water.on the other side a nice interesting golf course that challenges your abilities.a marina,tennis courts,football field,bikes trails.greek food and drinks.great spa including a turkish bath.pools and slides for the young ones.rooms facing the sea a bit noisy.reasonable rooms , a bit run down but spacious and clean.very good value for money.the weather at the end of april is fresh and clear.perfect place for golfers,families and sportsmen.

Room Tip: facing neo marmaras - the golf course.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ofra S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time after your vacation to post this kind review about our hotel. It is wonderful that in some lines you managed to include all the facilities with such nice descriptions. We hope that we can welcome you to Porto Carras Sithonia Hotel, in the future for another amazing experience.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This Easter holiday this year me and my family spent here for the first time. So as we check in we expected little more from this hotel. First negative experience was that bad smell from our room and from hotel corridors like it wasn't been ventilated in years. After spending time at hotels restaurant for dinner there was too much crowd for poor food choice (this is personal because i'm not much into eating). Only positive for me and my family was pools with slides that was filled with salt water (kids love it), but no shower near after. Showers were at WC near the pools but condition inside was TERRIBLE. My children refuse to enter because of very bad smell. And finally our last bad experience was that in our room and I believe in all hotel there was not HOT WATER between 5 and 8 o'clock because of some technical problem that was not fixed for 5 days, and more annoying was that staff from reception were denying it. I felt like i'm at scout's camp. This complex is wonderful but it needs maintenance. Basketball court was all in dirt & mud , i believe it wasn't cleaned 5 years, rims were without nets....

I hope this will help someone to find better 5* hotel and stay out from this.

regards
Saso

Room Tip: South rooms were too hot, and North smelled on mould.. Never used spa so average I beleive it is.
7  Thank Saso T

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your honest review about our hotel. It seems really uncomfortable for us to hear such comments, but guest’s opinion is always acceptable and being taken under serious consideration. All of the problems that you had to deal with I suppose that made you feel dissatisfied and it is really sad for us.
Because of that please accept our apology and do not hesitate to visit once more our hotel and we promise you improvement.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

First thing on the reception wall you see is 4 stars awarded in 2010 by Tripadvisor. But things have changed since then...to worse.
Accommodation - we stayed in a suit for 5 days. Carpets are full of stains. Rooms are cleaned and beds are changed every day. The furniture is average. The windows look like never cleaned.
Food - all inclusive - 3 main meals as well as snack bar breakfasts in between. The morning breakfast is the same every day – no pan cakes, some cheese (white and yellow), cakes, donuts, etc. The lunch and the dinner are ok – various foods - cold and hot, deserts and fruits (no variety of fruits – only apples, pears, oranges).
The other 2 breakfasts are the same – sandwiches, spaghettis, meat sous, ice cream.
We got robbed in the restaurant – some cosmetics and sunglasses stolen. I got my mobile phone lost and returned at the reception.
Some people complained for 3 days’ requests to get the toilet fixed but no action taken by the hotel stuff!
Hot water was unavailable for 3 days (we were with a child!), the 4th day was so-so, and the 5th day evening was almost OK.
I would recommend to find another hotel if available!

5  Thank ivan i

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank for taking the time to post your comment for your experience in our hotel Porto Carras Sithonia Hotel. Your comments are highly appreciated and your remarks are being taken seriously under consideration, promoting the quality of our services. Regarding the robberies that you have mentioned it is impossible to happen something like that in our hotel. All the staff is properly being educated and selected so that occasions could be avoided.
As for the technical problems we do apologize and I ensure you that in a case of a future stay these kind of problems could be expanded.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great location and nature. You may take a bike or a boat and just wonder around. The aroma of all the herbs in the park is just stunning. The cuisine is typical Greek, great taste and preparation, although the restaurant is not really something special.

The hotel lacks good customer service but it's not really expensive, so you have to live through it.

Take a ride or a walk to Neos Marmaris and Parthenonas--it's worth it.

Room Tip: Take a room overlooking Neos Marmaris--no sun, no noise from the pools and restaurants, but still wh...
2  Thank Don D

Dear Guest,

We are indeed very happy that you had such a wonderful stay. It is a fact that peninsula of Sithonia is an area of magnificent beauty and we have done our best to ensure that Porto Carras Sithonia Hotel blends in with the surroundings.
Yours vacations here combines both sport activities and relaxation, as the facilities are ideally made for that reason.
We sincerely hope to welcome you again soon and offer you another enriching experience.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

For almost ten years, my family and me spent summer holidays in Chalkidiki, Sithonia. We changed 9 hotels for that time until 2012 when we visited Porto Carras Sithonia Hotel. It means we are fascinating with the nature, hospitality the people of Greece, sea... Porto Carras Sithonia Resort is fully family oriented hotel. Everything is familiar with parents with kids so if you choose this hotel to relax in quite environment, with no kids around, this is not a good solution for you. According to my taste and taste of my family, I found here everything more than beautiful. Sea, beach, food,useful staff, nice,clean and comfortable room, perfect kids playgrounds and all day animation ( which is very unusual for the Greek hotels in this part of the Greece). The All Inclusive offer is really AI.
But there is a one thing of course I didn't like too. It is a big crowd on the beach and the hotel between 09:00-18:00. At the beginning I thought hotel is full and it is a reason for such crowd but after few days I saw a lot of people which are not a hotel guests, at the same beach, hotel restaurant, bars. Finally, I found everyone of those non hotel guests can arrive in Resort by car for only 3 EURO and use everything in hotel with no restriction ( beach, food, drinks... ) as a regular guests. After 18:00 there is a big difference in hotel crowd and everything as you expected as a guest of such resort. I spoke with the guest relation manager regarding this problem but the lady told me they can't fix it. In other Resorts I visited before, that problem is easily fixed with bracelet for resort guests or high price tickets. Everywhere in the world. This problem is very annoying and without good solution will lead to never comeback to the Resort again. I come this year too, with four other families but I am afraid if I found this situation again, we will never come back despite all other beautiful things I found.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank MilBan

Dear Guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for the positive review that you wrote about Porto Carras Sithonia Hotel and the whole resort. We are really happy that your family enjoyed their stay and you are already planned your next year vist. Regarding the problem that you mentioned about the external guests kindly note that they could only use the beach at Kohi and not the facilities of the hotel which are available only for our guests. Also, keep in my mind that the area of the resort is politely controlled by the security who are regularly check and do not allow external guests to use the facilities.
As a result, you do not have to worry about this inconvenience which occurred last year.
We are waiting for you and your family as a Loyalty Repeaters Guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Neos Marmaras
#1 of 10 in Ouranoupolis
Royal Hotel
Royal Hotel
#1 of 9 in Polichrono

Been to Porto Carras - Sithonia? Share your experiences!