We arrived quite late at the Istion Club the second week of September after a flight from the UK and was very impressed with the look of the lobby. Check in was quick and efficient, but there was no one to show us to our room so we fumbled along in the dark with a map and carried our bags to the top floor where our room was situated which was disappointing for a 5 Star.
Our room was ok, apart from the toilet leaked occasionally and so did the shower if you stood down the far end, but this was fine and the floor was cleaned throroughly everyday so it didnt cause us too much of a problem. We did find that being on the top floor with exceptionally high ceilings meant that sound really travels and at times it was like our next door neighbours were in the same room as us.
Food is ample and caters for all tastes and the drinks are all known brands and not just local which you can find with some All Inclusives.
The pool area is nice with plenty of beds but the pool on the lower half of the resort needs some renovating. The paint is coming off the bottom and looks a bit untidy and the whirlpool attached always seemed to have a bit of a film over it.
I think the main problem I had with this Hotel was the staff, and my husband felt the same. We both found, especially the bar staff by the pool and in the main lobby were very unfriendly. You could sometimes wait a age whilst they tidied up or talked to someone (another member of staff) before they even acknowledged you were there. A smile didnt seem to be something they were capable of. They just seemed to be uninterested and that they really didn't want to be there.
Istion you need to really sort your staffs attitude out as this for me, can really make or break your holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel in General Built in an ideal location right next to the sea with its crystal clear waters, and with a view of Mount Olympos, Istion Club and Spa offers luxury and relaxation. The hotel is a well-organized unit and stands out for its innovative design and bold architecture. The comfortable rooms and the luxurious suites with sea or garden view provide not only every comfort but also distinctive decor. The wonderful swimming pools, luxurious spa, state-of-the-art gym, hairdresser's, beauty institute, elegant restaurant, main bar, pool bar and beach bar, conference room, are a whole world just waiting to be discovered where you can spend, unforgettable, wonderful moments. Location In a distance of 2km is N. Potidea, where you can also find shops, bars and restaurants. 4Km from the hotel is N. Moudania where every Wednesday you can also visit a big local market. For your convenience, every morning, From Monday to Friday, you can reserve a seat on our shuttle bus, which takes you free of charge to N.Potidea or N. Moudania, according to schedule. Our hotel is ideal for relaxation, day activities and exploring Chalkidiki. Any transportation requires the use of car, taxi or bus. Istion is a beach front hotel with a mixture of sand and pebbles (narrow beach). Feet sensitive, you will need shoes to enter the sea, unless you use one of the paths made to facilitate our guests. After approximately 30m it's all sandy. The sea gradually deepens, and for a while shallows again. Accommodation The spacious rooms provide every comfort, affording an exceptional view of the sea, the gardens or the swimming pool and are distinguished by their elegant decor. In addition, our suites, guarantee an enjoyable and luxurious stay. Service at the hotel Gastronomy Istion Club offers two different types of cuisine, to suit every palate. A la carte service, part of our main restaurant (which once per week is free / reservation requested), and classical international cuisine (Τhalatta restaurant) - buffet style. Then there is the Main Bar, Eros open daily till 02:00, the Pool Bar , La Barchetta, open daily till 00:00, and our beach bar "to Kima", open daily till 01:00, for your enjoyment and all your entertainment needs at Istion Club. Breakfast: from 7:30 - 10:30am. Lunch: from 12: 30 - 14:30 and dinner from 19:00 - 21:00. From 10:00am - 00:00am there are always snacks available at the pool bar. Our ultra all inclusive catalogue has an extensive variety of Greek and International drinks & many cocktails. From our buffet you will find Greek and International dishes, suitable to all tastes. Either indoors or outdoors we assure you that you will enjoy every moment. Entertainment, pools & sports At Istion Club the swimming pools are a truly exhilarating and unique experience. They offer relaxation with a view of the Thermaikos gulf and the peaks of Mount Olympos. There is also a special aqua gym program, not to mention the swimming pool for children and a separate Jacuzzi swimming pool. At ΙSTION CLUB keeping fit and several sport activities is a way of life. There is a weekly animation program 6 days per week, as well as a whole host of activities including: tennis, aerobics, gym, Jacuzzi, hammam, sauna, table tennis, billiards, boccia, darts, water sports, surfing, diving (some with a fee). At our Spa center there are many body treatments, massage, hair dresser and gym. Once per week you will enjoy our Greek night with the well known team of George Likesas. Tuesday you can enjoy romantic moments at the main bar or our Beach Bar (according to weather conditions), with excellent music repertoire. (English, Russian and Greek music). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Cancelon so you can book your Istion Club Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Istion Club Luxury Hotel Nea Potidea
- Istion Hotel Luxury
- Istion Club Hotel & Spa Nea Potidea, Halkidiki, Greece