“Fab Holiday”

Istion Club Hotel & Spa
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Nea Potidea
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Have just returned from a fab week away at the istion hotel . Very friendly and helpful staff from arrival to departure. Great food with lots of choice Ioannis Haremas Maltre d'Hotel was always around making sure everything ran smoothly and all your needs catered for.. Rooms very comfortable and very clean.. Animation team very friendly and worked hard. Loved the greek night. Thanks too the bar staff in the lounge bar especially Anna i have happy memories off afternoons and evenings drinking champagne.
would recommend this hotel . Thanks to all at the istion hotel for a very memorable holiday

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rosemary E
PAULVOSSINIOTIS, Manager at Istion Club Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Rosemary,
Thank you so much for your review. When we see happy guests, believe me, we also are super. Johnny (Ioannis) is truly professional. He does anything he can to make your holiday pleasant. Together with Vasilis, our chef, a extra pound per week is possible. I will pass to Anna your kind words, as to all the staff. When our guest is happy everybody's happy.
I wish you a nice winter and hopefully back to us next year. Paul.
P.S. your photo on tripadvisor is TOP!!!

There are newer reviews for Istion Club Hotel & Spa

Reviewed September 22, 2013

At the end of August my husband, 15 year old daughter and I stayed at the Istion Hotel for a week and we were all pleasantly surprised by the hotel. It was extremely clean and neat, the rooms are very modern and spacious. We had a family room and we loved the fact that my daughter could sleep in her own room, separate from me and my husband. We also loved the added touches, such as flat screen TV's in both rooms, a mini bar in the main room and a small but handy touch was the plug in mosquito repellent.

Food was also to a very high standard with plenty of choice for both adults and children. There was a great selection of Greek food on offer and we wouldn't have expected anything less - we were on a Greek island after all! We didn't experience issues some other reviewers have mentioned such as flies on the food which we thought was total rubbish.

There were three lovely pools which were suitable for kids and the hotel is situated right on the beach. There were plenty of sun loungers by both the pool and the beach and we never found it was a problem obtaining one. The walk to the sea from the beach is quite pebbly so best to make sure you purchase water shoes, which can also be purchased from the Hotel shop amongst other everyday items.

The night entertainment was very good as there are two bars:- one bar situated outside the restaurant, which was ideal to relax or play a game of cards with the family as music plays in the background. The other bar has all the entertainment - discos and performances take place here. The Animation team was amazing making you feel very welcome. There are lots of activities if you want to participate including Aqua Gym, Water Basketball, Football, Darts and Morning Aerobics.

The location of the hotel is good as we only had a 30-40 minute journey from the airport.

The staff at the hotel were all absolutely lovely, very friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend the hotel to anyone else looking for a all-inclusive, on the beach holiday.

Room Tip: We asked for a garden view room facing the pools which we found to be really nice.
3  Thank Chrissy N
PAULVOSSINIOTIS, Manager at Istion Club Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Chrissy.
I want to thank you for finding time to review our hotel. When I read a positive response, it means a lot to us, as most probably our efforts reached your expectations. It is also very important for us to do our best to keep families happy. When we saw your reservation and the age of your daughter, we tried our best to make you feel more comfortable. Just to know it is not always possible, but we try our best. We all want our guests to be happy. If there is something wrong, we want to improve ourselves. With your help many times we avoid annoying situations. So I thank all our guests.
I repeat this many times, but it is very important. Before you leave, I send a letter with our appreciation. I mention that you are our special guests.
Actually, you the guests make us the staff; feel special people, wanting to try more and more to keep you happy.

I can’t find the right words that can express how happy we are to have you in our hotel.

I wish you a warm winter !!!!

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at istion club from 9 September for a week
Check in was quick and efficient and we were soon in our room. We were lucky enough to be upgraded and the room was lovely. It had a lovely view of the sea
The food and drink were good quality and well presented. The food was tasty and very enjoyable The selection at all meals was amazing.
Now to the animation team ... Wow. We had so much fun with them. Gael, Carmel, Ovi and Nino were so friendly Every time I hear living next door to Alice it will bring back many happy memories
The hotel manager Paul is very friendly and you will see him walking around the hotel.
All the staff are so efficient and are always smiling. Paul has chosen the staff well and should be very proud of them
We had a wonderful holiday there and we would not hesitate to come back or recommend the hotel to anyone.
Many thanks istion club
Angie

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear dear Angie. It is so nice to hear from you. It was a very nice week. All the staff has many pleasant memories. You were a very happy group.
On behalf of all the staff I want to thank you for being so friendly. You have many regards from our Chef, the Restaurant Manager and animation team. Maybe by now you are already enjoying your 2nd holiday. I hope you have a wonderful time (as always) and a safe return. By the way ….. many greetings from Alice. You were all perfect! Hope next year to see you once more.

With this opportunity, I want to thank all our guests. There are times that I think I am the luckiest hotel manager in Greece.
Best wishes Angie.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice hotel with modern rooms we had booked a double room and got a superior room clean daily, good food, well kept swimming pools, animation team very nice, we loved. the only negative point would be the beach (small children hardly entered the water, boulders, are only a few metres from the fine sand).At sea there are not umbrellas, kinda hard to bear with young children but overall we felt very well and we enjoyed it. We recommend

1  Thank andradia

Dear Andradia. I am very happy to read a review from Romania. I want to thank you for choosing our hotel for your holidays. As for the beach, yes it is a narrow stretch, but proud to say that sometimes we do have a wider presentation! Due to the reason that now and then it’s windy, umbrellas are not recommended by the coast guard. And anything on the beach is controlled by them. In a way, we are happy, as they support and try hard to keep secure all tourists.
Thank you for your kind words. I hope next year to see you again here. I’ll make sure you have everything necessary for a pleasant stay.
Best regards from all our staff.
Paul - Hotel Manager.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I’ve just returned from Istion Club where I stayed for 5 wonderful days. I was amazed of the beautiful hotel, kind and professional staff and worm welcome. The hotel is real paradise,peaceful and quiet, surrounded with beautiful park. I have no words to describe the efforts that all the people engaged there, the staff and especially the General Manager have made in order to make the guest’s holiday wonderful.
The food can’t be better-very large selection of delicious and quality food.
And the cocktails….all are amazing. All inclusive program is very, very reach.
And, few of the staff made my holiday awesome -Aleksandar, a waiter in main restaurant, Maja-the bar tender and Durica, the boy at the pool.
About the hygiene-it`s on highest level and no one can complain.
The only thing I did not like was the beach; it’s very close and the path into the sea is going through shark and big rocks.
But, in spite of the poor beach, I had memorable holiday in Istion.
In my opinion it’s one of the best hotels in the region.

Magdalena, Skopje

1  Thank Magdalena A

Dear Magdalena. Best regards to our excellent guests from Scopje.
The 5 wonderful days were for us. You have been great and we are always happy to see you here. The staff sends their best regards. Thank you for your kind words. I can only say that we try our best. It’s good that our staff feels comfortable in the hotel, so everything they do is based on their feelings and not obligation. The smile is sincere.
I truly hope that next year you will be back again. Best wishes.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We travelled with a teenager week commencing 19th August. As everyone says it is very clean, and very quiet - I should have chosen destination a bit more carefully I think. One supermarket up the road and an amazing pastry shop next door, but that's it. I thought the room was very average, nothing like as luxurious as I had anticipated, the wardrobe stuck opening twice, and ok, the handyman put it right, twice.
Instead of having a bit of a moan here, what I suggest to address the issues you may have is this:- speak to the manager regarding your very slow table service in the restaurant, and they should then be attentive throughout your stay. Maybe ask for a room upgrade, a pain if you've just unpacked though, and I expected them to say they were at capacity, so we didn't bother! Definitely hire a car to explore, There are some lovely cove type beaches, one nice beach is in Afitos, nice taverns by an unspoilt beach. The food is very literally a matter of taste! I thought it was good quality but found it salty or alternatively very plain, could I get a bottle of water though!!! not unless I got up out of my seat and asked for it, which is fine if it wasn't table service.
I found the bar staff a mixed bag also... but hey, its better than work lets face it! and I thought I would share my experience with you.

3  Thank leecoyle
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We are here,our friends will go home tomorrow but we remain for five days more,Im not sure if they will be nice with us as they are because of our company,they made some noise at the beginning and till then every day fruit plates and wine in their room,not us of course...anyway,we find the hotel pretty clean,quiet,important for us,the beach not so nice but ok,we found a nice beach at two kilometres far from here.The staff pretty friendly,at the restaurant a few boys with strange behaviour for ex I sat down to eat and saw one walking around without asking what o I want to drink ,because you have to ask,no open bar or something,
,and I stopped him to say please can you give me only some mineral water ? He shouted ok ok wait,i m coming coming,cant you see?.. i was a little upset but didnt complain to anyone else,I dont want to ruin my holiday because someone maybe is tired or who knows...anyway,one girl Katarina at the restaurant,
Very very efficient,the manager seems to care a lot too,I repeat,I hope not because of our friends who made complaints but because they really care...I would come back to greece because its clear nice warm waters but not for the hotels,we are used with better qualities if we are away but still can tell that yes you can come to this hotel,this is my opinion,try to see the beauty,relax,it is ok also for family with kids,ah one more thng,the pool is small....dont worry you will swim in the see ,the only thing for ME is that they could be Nicer,for ex one pool bar guy told me not to drink a glass of some alcohol,I asked for a small campari ,because its full of calories))))!!!! What can I say.... Thank you for counting my calories?... Haha...a weird guy there but the next day was a nce and friendly girl who makes good coffee,best regatds friends,take care.I hope my next review will be much nicer a
Xx

Room Tip: Not sure they seem the same....
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Alia Palace Hotel
Alia Palace Hotel
#3 of 18 in Pefkohori
Aegean Melathron Thalasso Spa Hotel

Been to Istion Club Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!