“Nice”

Istion Club Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Nea Potidea
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We are here,our friends will go home tomorrow but we remain for five days more,Im not sure if they will be nice with us as they are because of our company,they made some noise at the beginning and till then every day fruit plates and wine in their room,not us of course...anyway,we find the hotel pretty clean,quiet,important for us,the beach not so nice but ok,we found a nice beach at two kilometres far from here.The staff pretty friendly,at the restaurant a few boys with strange behaviour for ex I sat down to eat and saw one walking around without asking what o I want to drink ,because you have to ask,no open bar or something,
,and I stopped him to say please can you give me only some mineral water ? He shouted ok ok wait,i m coming coming,cant you see?.. i was a little upset but didnt complain to anyone else,I dont want to ruin my holiday because someone maybe is tired or who knows...anyway,one girl Katarina at the restaurant,
Very very efficient,the manager seems to care a lot too,I repeat,I hope not because of our friends who made complaints but because they really care...I would come back to greece because its clear nice warm waters but not for the hotels,we are used with better qualities if we are away but still can tell that yes you can come to this hotel,this is my opinion,try to see the beauty,relax,it is ok also for family with kids,ah one more thng,the pool is small....dont worry you will swim in the see ,the only thing for ME is that they could be Nicer,for ex one pool bar guy told me not to drink a glass of some alcohol,I asked for a small campari ,because its full of calories))))!!!! What can I say.... Thank you for counting my calories?... Haha...a weird guy there but the next day was a nce and friendly girl who makes good coffee,best regatds friends,take care.I hope my next review will be much nicer a
Xx

Room Tip: Not sure they seem the same....
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Istion Club Hotel & Spa

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We went in July 2013 with the weather super hot and found the hotel lovely and very modern. Staff very helpful. And the food was lovely a great selection. The beach next to the hotel was filled with stones so water shoes are a must as it is very uncomfortable to walk on. The only problem for us as a couple was the location. But overall was an amazing holiday with some lovely views. Would definately recommend.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katherine1982
PAULVOSSINIOTIS, Manager at Istion Club Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Katherine,
Thank you very much for your review. What concerns the beach, I mention it in the info but it’s always good when reminded. We make sure the sand paths are always in good order. I never want to mislead any guest. But as you and many other guests say, you can find other important reasons to pass your holidays in our hotel. I showed your photo in tripadvisor, to our staff and you have many regards. All the best and keep that beautiful smile. Paul

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We went here for a week at the end of July and was a fantastic week that I could not fault. We were all inclusive and took advantage of the drinks and food with so much choice our plates were always piled high! The animation team were absolutely fab and really made our week as good as it was! Would definitely recommend and a month later I definitely still have the holiday blues!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Katherine,
Thank you very much for your time to review our hotel. It is a big success for us, when your comments are positive. And your last sentence definitely has a great value to us. On behalf of all our staff, I wish you many happy holidays. We’re always here. If you need anything, you know how to reach us. Paul.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This hotel is simply perfect, we where upgraded straight away and recieved champaign on ice in our room on arrival. The hotel is the cleanest place we have ever been, there was always a member if management walking around making sure everything was clean. Staff were so efficient and where always cleaning and trying to make everything perfect for each guest and where always happy and friendly. The animation team where amazing and personally would like to thank Gael, Carmen, Nino and Ovi for making our stay even more enjoyable. A top class team from a top class hotel.

Thanks Again

Simon and Lauren x

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Simon B

Dear Simon and Lauren.
I have delayed but there is no way I won’t write to you. First of all, a huge “thank you”, for your comments. Going through your review it makes me very happy to see that you selected a hotel that satisfied you. As a team, we try our best to keep you happy. Thank you for your kind words concerning our animation team, me and the rest of our staff. Few weeks ago was your birthday. Sorry I wasn’t in time to send you our best wishes from all the hotel staff. Please accept them today. Happy birthday. All the best from a super holiday destination.

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

After needing a chill out holiday for our wedding anniversary where we had no fuss just relaxation we couldn't have found a better resort as this one.

Firstly we were greeted with a lovely glass of champagne an a room upgrade to a sea view room which consisted of a separate living room and bedroom. The size if the room was excellent and very clean. This made the holiday even better to have a clean large room. The high service levels just got better from there. We were escorted to our room and showed how the air condition worked and showed us the view.

The one thing that stood out for us was how clean the whole place was. Seeing the owner and manager walk the whole resort to make sure everything was upto standard was reassuring. From the moment you woke up the. Resort was always being cleaned, checked, cleaned and checked again. The staff took a lot of pride in their work which showed in the high levels if standards they set.

The staff were also happy an friendly and always chatting to you. Most speak very good English but those who don't still give excellent service. The ones that stood out were Maya who worked on the bar. She was always smiling and happy to serve. She always had a chat to you to you. But there was also Gael who was the fitness rep. He was so friendly. He would talk to everyone in the resort. We had many chats with him and was really good fun. He worked part of the Animation team. He took time to get to know you an made you feel very welcome. There were other people part of the team who we didn't really get to know but were friendly enough but not as much as Gael. The team would ask if you wanted to do any events but didn't pester you all the time. So if you fancy doing things other than sleeping and tanning you can do. The entertainment was great but there was a quite bar if you isn't want to watch it.

Now the food!! Wow I was amazed that one review said they didn't cater for the English. Every night there was so much food to choose from. But if you go to another country you do eat their food and even if you didn't there was so much food to choose from you can't go hungry. You must have each night 25+ buffets to choose from and we never had a bad meal. There is fresh food being prepared in front of you and it is an open kitchen which is spotless. But the food was out of this world. I think I put a stone on just in one week. From breakfast to lunch to dinner they all hit the nail on the head.

Finally the resort is well set out. It has a village feel a out it and the pools are well set out to. The first pool is a kiddies pool with plenty of sun beds below their is the infinity pool which is just for adults and has again plenty of sun beds. From there you can see a man made beach which has a lot of sun beds. But make sure you put something on the feet! Then there is the family pool with a kids den for them to play in. All pools are very clean and great when you need to cool off. What we also noticed how safe it is. There were many times we left our belongings (including iPods) by the pool and you knew they would be there when you got back.

I would also like to say that the thank you letter the day we left from the manager was a great sign off to a perfect holiday, thank you Istion club hotel.

Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Evmoss
PAULVOSSINIOTIS, Manager at Istion Club Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear guests, please forgive me for answering to your review after such a long time. I read it so many times. It is a strong recommendation to so many viewers. I still can't find the words to say how happy I am that this is your opinion of Istion Club. We all try our best and when sometimes I could not fulfill all requests, or I read a complaint here without having the possibility of knowing this during the holiday, it is wrong for me. BUT, your review is fresh air to us. I want to thank you for expressing your opinion. The staff needs to know faults but also it is rewarding to hear positive comments. I wish you a good summer (for us it's till the end of October), sunshine and many happy anniversaries. Hopefully at least one more with us and I will assure it will be unforgettable. All the best with a huge smile from all the staff.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We choose the all inclusive optionand travelled with our 16month old daughter, we found the resort very nice the reception staff did not speak the best english which i did find dissapointing as the reception staff where the ones who i needed to have conversations with the most.We were talking to other english people whom also had the same problems and found that there was much other english speaking tourists around.

Room was very nice, spacious and clean and the travel cot was a bright yellow school bus themed one which our daughter loved, the cleaners would dress up her teddy bears everyday which we really enjoyed was nice to see a love for children and just putting a extra touch.

the only bad experience we had was not being able to bath our daughter as we didnt have a bath plug to use in the bath, when asked at reception about it we had to explain many times as they didnt understand what we were meaning and then told that there is alimited amount in the hotel. i would of thought if every room has a plug why dont they have plugs! they told us they would locate one and bring it but they never did. also my partner decided to use housekeeping services and pay for a shirt to be ironed. when talked to reception about it they adviced us it would take a week which was outrageous as we were only there for another two days when we explained this they said it would be returned later that evening it didnt turn up and after numerous phone calls to reception about it we finally got someone who spoke english and told us it had been returned, turns out it had gone to the wrong room and we had to wait for them to retrieve it they still cgarged us for this even though it took 4 hours longer than it should of and we had already had the meal we needed it for.

Food was delicious soo much variety fresh meat, fish vegetables, salads and fruit everyday always different dishes to cater for the different cultures i dont think i ate the same thing more than twice really enjoyed the food and was a kids set up also with a good range of food different things offered daily at breakfast lunch and dinner. Snacks were offered at the three bars but were just sandwhiches or cake but you could order room service if you liked.bar and resteraunt staff were very good always seemed stressed out as they were very busy.

The kids club only caters for children 3 - 12 so our daughter missed out but the animation staff always came over and said hello and made the effort to remember her name and make a fuss of her and included her in the mini disco in the evenings which she was too young but loved interacting with the other children and there was lots of other younger kids around too. The animation staff were not too pushy and left you alone if you didnt want to join in actvities

Location was a bit remote we walked to the local beach about 15mins away was quiet nice but we found it easy to stay at the resort beach and have access to the facilites for free instead having to pay at the other beach. trips were quite expensive to do we went on a market trip into the town for a morning but obviously didnt want to spend 100 euros to go on a boat. not for us with a young child but may suit others.

wouldnt reccomend it to young groups wanting a party atmosphere or elderly couples wanting a quiet relaxing holiday. amazing for young or older families.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank 133stephanie

Dear Stephanie,
I would like to take this opportunity to address to all guests. If you have any problem, while you are still in the hotel, come to me. My name is Paul (Pavlos in Greek). I will not stop till I will find the solution. I am the manager of the hotel and you will find me always around. As we speak the truth, yes, among 7 people in total which are involved with front office, there is one member who is not fluent in English, but strong in other languages. I want to apologize, as if (when) he didn't understand something you said, he should immediately find me or anybody else to make sure you are completely satisfied. Unfortunately i can only assume that translating in Greek, when someone is not fluent; they think a plug concerns electricity. But if it was understood (which is a good sign of understanding you), I am very sorry that it was not brought to you. I remember during your stay we spoke many times. It is a pity we never had a chance to talk about this issue. I again apologize.
I also want to thank you for your good words. Any review is very important to us and as I already wrote other times, to future guests. I hope any inconvenience will not discourage you to travel again to our beautiful country. We are very hospitable and our goal is to keep our guests as happy as possible. Best regards, Paul.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We have stayed at Istion Club in July. The hotel is nice, food is good and it is very clean.
A lot of green all around the villas and very fresh air in the night.
Very good for families. Sea wonderful, hot and sandy.
Animation poor and no music during the day.Swimming pool not that clean.
Internet very bad, no coverage in the room and in the beach.
Maya the bar-woman was very kind and makes a v.good espresso.
Maria the other bar-woman makes a a fantastic Mohito. Do not miss it!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Anila54
PAULVOSSINIOTIS, Manager at Istion Club Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Dear Anila.
Fisrt of all I want to thank you for your review. Where I'm concern, only the guest's opinion counts. In each hotel, there is a way to fill the day. Our policy is not to have a loud animation team and not to push the clients. We know this way cannot satisfy all our guests, but to say the truth I could not find other easy solutions. Our chief animator Nino has his way and followed by his team I can only say we try our best. Internet! Yes it is true that we have access only in public areas. But as the antenas are surrounding the hotel, some rooms also have access. About 60% do, but as it is not 100% it's not written in the hotel presentation. Anila again thank you for your kind words for Maya and Maria. As I see you are close to us, I hope to see you again and I will do the best effort for you to have the best possible service in our hotel. I wish you a nice summer.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nea Potidea
Alia Palace Hotel
Alia Palace Hotel
#3 of 18 in Pefkohori
Aegean Melathron Thalasso Spa Hotel

Been to Istion Club Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!