“Avoid it!!!”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Kriopigi
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Avoid it!!!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Expensive for its service, although it is classified as a "4star" hotel. Air conditioning was not working, while the temperature was over 35, the toilet had a problem and they wanted to charge us the full price. They asked us to pay upfront for our stay. When I asked them to see the hotel policy regarding payments, they have told me that this was not written, however I had to follow the"unwritten rules" if we wanted to stay. Of course we didn't pay before our departure.
They have photocopied my credit card which is clearly against the law and when I asked them to return to me the photocopy, they informed me that they had asked for authorisation on my card without my consent. Under these circumstances, I had to contact the tourist police to sort out payments etc on our departure.
Definitely, I will not recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Stylianipavlina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Toronto
Reviewed August 17, 2013

80% of what is mentioned on the hotel's website regarding their services is a blunt lie! The staff is incredibly rude and not willing to help at all! There is no entertainment and what is called "all inclusive". You have to pay extra pretty much for everything. What is included is of horrible quality and if you want anything decent, be ready to pay. The bar at the beach is not included and is quite a walk from the place assigned to this hotel. There is no washroom on the beach, so guess where everybody goes? Yes, right into the sea! There are no beach towels offered, so if you are coming from far away, leave some room for heavy beach towels and make sure your bags do not exceed the allowed luggage weight limit! Anyhow, this place is one BIG frustration!

Room Tip: Rooms are old and filthy
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Irina P

Travelers are raving about these Kriopigi hotels

Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The Kriopigi Beach Hotel is an interesting facility I would say. If you are a modest person, than you will find here whatever you need - rooms are ok, not great, and AC is working, bathrooms are clean and they provide towels. Breakfast and dinner is served, food is ok, but could be better. There is a good variety of things to choose from and there are restaurants in the area. The pool bar and the swimming pool is small, and there is no internet connection in the rooms. The beach is indeed far, so we can not enjoy the sunset on the beach cause the last train leaves the beach at 18....this could be improved.
Staff - not sure what i can say, cause we did not need much.
The Kriopigi area does not have a lot of life...so maybe that s why the hotel does not offer that many things, cause there are lots of families arriving, and the needs are different for families.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Resita, Romania
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The beach is very far away and the fun train could be better named the horror train,always very slow and incredibly crowded;you have to come earlier to have a seat,otherwise you have to climb the hill,leading to the hotel breathlessly!
Room service comes in the afternoon and enters your room while knocking....
The doors are quite fragile and you don't have any safety...

Room Tip: not aware of any!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank MirelaSorina
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I've been to this hotel for one week with All inclusive. It is an excellent place, with efficiently hard-working staff. The hotel's motto is "the art of hospitality" and they surely haven't proven wrong with us.
Rooms are very clean and comfy, with room service every day. We had air conditioner, fridge and hair dryer in the bathroom. Food was exceptional, with a great variety and freshness, there were lots of salads, meats (chicken, pork, fish, lamb), fruit, icecream, desserts - you name it. I've never eaten so healthy and delicious food in any of the countries I've been to. There was a cute train taking us to the beach at every hour, and there was a time when it was so full that we couldn't get on, so they sent a mini bus for us!! (We were only 6 persons). There were enough beds and umbrellas at the beach for everyone.
We got free drinks as many as we wanted at the bar, until 23.00 o'clock. The pool, the palm trees, the Greek music - everything was really atmospheric and pleasant.
The few things I didn't like were the poor wi-fi internet services and the long queues at the dinner buffets.(Dinners were the most copious of all meals, so the queues were sort of expectable...:))
The hotel was truly the busiest in town, which shows their success and popularity among customers.
I don't understand all the negative reviews, what more you could possibly expect from a hotel?Maybe they weren't this good in the past, but they definitely improved with everything now.
We had a wonderful, dreamlike holiday, we would go back there without a thought in the future!
Give it a chance, you'll certainly not regret!!!
Best wishes for the hotel staff!

Regards from Ms.T
of Hungarian-Romanian nationality
living in the UK

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Timi888
Bucharest
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I came to a 4 stars hotel with all inclusive concept , in the worst case i could not imagine could be that bad. all advertising is made to induce tourists in error that that hotel have a beach starting with the name and have a train who take you there where is a beach bar . I reality is a public beach where have free access , but need to pay all the drinks even should be all inclusive , the beach is at 800m in straight line but in fact is over 1km on the road with a train that is also city train of Kriopigi and just make advertising for the hotel and dont need to pay .

Food in fact is a half board , ( cantina quality ) just one main , nothing to choose between fried potatoes and fried potateos with meat balls or beef . a piece of cheese and 3 salads, 2 of them i cant at least to taste it ...horrible .

Swimming pool very little and dirty water ( almost white) , beach bar with unprofesional personel , mostly very rude with customer , which told us every time we need to be nice with them otherwise will not serve us anymore , after waiting 10 mins for a glass of water.

All pruducts for all inclusive very bad quality , worst i ever seen in last 20 years ..

I asked to speak with manager and this was not very rude as others written but very arrogant, also and told me if i dont like i can go elsewhere this is Greece. I told them i will leave from the 1st night but they told me i will not receive any money back. I asked for the protection of the consumer phone number , tourist police or something they refused me. Over the night the tour operator called me to advice me to go from the hotel for my own and my family safety . So this is this hotel - take it or shut up . I should leave it next day with my wife and my child crying , hope will take someday our money back from these thiefs or somebody will shut down this nightmare house.

Not even the internet didnt worked at least those 2 days

Stay away , anyway i was informed that the entire peninsula is rated almost 2 stars more than really are .

Room Tip: there is no good room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank Florin Z
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Manager of the hotel was very rude and unhelpfull,but that's not all.The room was smelly.The stuff is not professional and i think they work illegal,so they dont have any health tests made.I recomend you not to visit this hotel!

Room Tip: They have only double rooms,at least thats what the manager said,but both the rooms i have seen were...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Valeria H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kriopigi
Alexander The Great Beach Hotel
#5 of 12 in Kriopigi
Alkion Hotel
Alkion Hotel
#4 of 12 in Kriopigi

Been to Kriopigi Hotel? Share your experiences!