My husband and I booked a week at the Alkion 6 weeks before departure and after reading the many reviews on TripAdvisor. It was everything you all said (well the ones with the positive reviews anyway). We were picked up by the owner Yannis from the road and transported to the Alkion, it is a lovely place to stay, everyone was so friendly. We had a room with a balcony overlooking the sea and the views were gorgeous, as were the views from the pool. Our room was cleaned every other day with towel change, and bins emptied every day. I agree with other reviews that a work surface at the side of the cooking hob would have been good and there was enough room for one, but we managed ok with the table which was plenty big enough. The trip to the beach was a bit of a slog down hill, we managed to walk back up but the train is available if you need it or the minibus out of main season. The walk up to the village wasn't too bad but we do tend to do a lot of walking so for someone with mobility difficulties it would not have been easy. Nothing to do with the accommodation but I was disappointed to find that most of the eating places were along the main road so a peaceful meal was not always possible, although watching the Greek traffic and people was interesting and amusing. One place you could get away from the traffic was to the rear of the sweet coffee shop and a terrace overlooking the bay and Mount Athos (on a clear day), the food was excellent and the portions huge, although do find room for one of their desserts as they are totally excellent and the staff are lovely. Casablanca is another nice place to eat, their english breakfasts will see you going through the day to the evening and they are very friendly people. Unfortunately the time of year we went meant that a lot of the eating places were closed but the Akropolis is supposed to be good for greek nights and the restaurant in the village behind the main road is also supposed to be excellent. The Kassandra supermarket give 5% discount to Alkion guest so just show your room key and again they were very friendly and helpful. The trip to mount Athos by boat was great day out athough 104 Euro for both of us it was a full day and worth it. All in all we had a great break and met some lovely people, Margaret and Sam from south of Edinburgh, hi if you see this and lots of other friendly people. I would definately recommend this break to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on a hillside, the Alkion Hotel is nestled within 15 acres of forest and greenery. Complete with colorful gardens and a superb sea view, this charming hotel is the perfect option for those seeking a scenic, peaceful break but still wish to be within reach of the beach and the village of Kriopigi. At its open pool bar you can relax and enjoy refreshing exotic cocktails as well as a variety of delicious dishes while at the same time you are enjoying the amazing sea view. With comfortable, spacious room types with fully equipped kitchenettes the Alkion Hotel is the ideal choice for couples, friends and families. All rooms are renovated for the summer season 2017 . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Splitty, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Alkion Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alkion Apartments Kriopigi
- Alkion Apartments Hotel Kriopigi
- Alkyon Apartments
- Alkion Hotel Kriopigi, Kassandra, Halkidiki