“Fantastic!”
Review of Achtis Hotel

Achtis Hotel
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Afitos
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Just returned after spending 2 weeks at the Achtis Hotel, this hotel is fantastic, made better by all of the staff. Magda, Achilles, Lilia, Christina, Sevi, Natalia. As soon as you arrive you are made to feel extremely welcome. The rooms are lovely and clean, beds comfy with towels and bedding changed daily. We travel to Greece a couple of time a year, and the breakfast at the Achtis is by far the best, we had a giggle most mornings listening to Lilia reeling off to new arrivals what was offer.
The food in the restaurant is also very good, with a big selection and everything cooked to order.
The pool area is fantastic as are the gardens with enough sunbeds for everyone.
We would highly recommend the Achtis and we will definately return.
Thanks to all the staff for Fantastic 2 weeks.
Suzanne & Tony

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,114)

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We had our fifth visit to the Achtis in June and have already booked for next year - the return rate for guests at this hotel is very high. The hotel is superb with lovely grounds and beautifully decorated rooms. Of course the best thing about the hotel is the owners, Magda and Achilles and the staff, Lillia, Kristina, Sevi, Helena, Natalie and the others I can't remember the names. They are all friendly and helpful and make the holiday perfect.

Like others, I cannot believe that anyone would say they need more variety at breakfast. Are you sure you were stopping at the Achtis? Just to give a run down of what is on offer - a variety of breads and toast, sausages, bacon, eggy bread, fried eggs, omelletes, boiled eggs, vegetable fritata, cheese pies, fresh fruit (cherries/strawberries/apricots/melon etc), homemade cakes, fresh greek yoghurt, three or four jams, three or four cereals, cereal bars, ham, cheese, tomatoes, vine leaves, honey balls, pancakes, fresh coffee, filter coffee, instant coffee, cappucino, latte etc, traditional tea, fruit teas etc, apple juice, orange juice, champagne on ice. I may have missed something but.... And if you have any other requests they will do there best to help. So - what more could you want - you could have a different breakast everyday for 14 days! And did I mention that it is a buffet and you can have as much as you want and you can eat it at the table or even go and sit on a sunbed. We usually had coffee on the sunbed, breakfast at the table and then bucks fizz back on the sunbed :) And of course the courtesy and helpfulness of Lillia at breakfast is excellent..

The weekly barbecue is amazing and great value. Loads of variety of meats and salads, rice, potatoes etc and great hosting by the team.

The chef Helena is great and makes some lovely meals if you want to eat lunch or dinner at the hotel.

Kristina is great fun and always smiling, and the new member of the team, Sevi is really sweet. She has only just started to learn English and in only a few weeks is brilliant at it.

Natalie is also really friendly and always greets guests with a smile.

Children and families are never a problem. Yes they run around a bit and yes sometimes there is a bit of splashing but what do you expect if you sit next to the pool. I have never encountered a badly behaved child at the Achtis. Also the staff are really kind and welcoming to children.

Finally, the towel on sunbed issue. Of course this happens as it does at any hotel, but it is not a problem. There are plenty of beds to go round and the pool is the perfect size for this number of rooms.

I cannot think of any other hotel I have been to in the world that offers what the Achtis does. A beautiful place to relax, great rooms, food and service and owners and staff who are also friends to us and other guests.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms get a view of the sea.
1  Thank MarklyDarkly
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We returned from this amazing hotel a week ago. This was our second visit & everything was as fabulous as 2 years ago. Magda, Achilles & ALL staff simply cannot do enough for you.The whole place is spotless(I'm very fussy!) & very relaxing. The rooms are a good size & beautifully decorated. I can't believe someone complaining about breakfast. The choice is better than any other hotel I've stayed in & if they don't have what you want all you have to do is ask, they are so obliging. If there were badly behaved children(we never encountered this) then surely this is the parents responsibility. You can't blame the hotel. They don't exclude children. Maybe you should go to an adults only hotel. The reason we like Afitos is because its very unspoilt & very Greek &not at all 'British'. I give the Achtis full marks for everything. I can't recommend highly enough

2  Thank marianne_lewis1
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I agree with all the wonderful comments on the review, there really is nothing about this delightful hotel that you could complain about, it was our first time there and it didnt disappoint, in fact we are going back again in September. I honestly find it unbelievable that people would complain about the breakfast, there was more to choose from than anywhere I have ever stayed. I have traveled the world and can certainly say this was the nicest and cleanest hotel I have stayed in and I like my comforts and clean living.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and had a lovely view.
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Well we have had our first week at the Achtis, and are just settling in to our second week, I am sad to see some of the reviews in the past few days, this is our second time here and it certainly won't be our last, we came two years ago and yes there are a couple of family's with children whereas before it was mainly adults, and yes very small children can been a little noisy at times, but hey they are children having fun with their family.Someone mentioned who wants a cooked breakfast, someone else wants more fruit, for heavens sake you have booked into a three star rating hotel that for breakfast is offering you a choice of three cereals, Greek yoghurt with a variety of different toppings, eggs, bacon, sausage, boiled eggs, omelette, a variety of different breads, peaches in juice, pineapple in juice, a choice of savory nibbles, cake, pancakes, small doughnuts, large doughnuts, cheeses, ham, salami, on different days a Greek dish which the very hardworking Lilia who waits on for most of the day will explain to you what is on offer, then we have a couple of different fresh fruits, cereal bars, a wide variety of teas, coffee and above all CHAMPAGNE on ice, now you tell me if you have been to another three star hotel that offers you a choice like this for breakfast. I have stayed in five star hotels and not had this much choice, as for towels on beds yes this does happen, but I think 95 percent of hotels I have stayed in this happens, if it worries you that much put your alarm on and put towels out and go back to bed, Whilst I have been coming to this hotel and have wanted something different to eat all I have had to do is ASK, the team are more than willing to oblige, its no good complaining when you have gone home, if you don't say the staff don't know.I know the staff are very good here but they are not mind readers, the staff at this hotel are excellent, they are always chatty, smiling, and very obliging, can't do enough for you, so I am now getting back on my sun lounger that still has my towel on it and am settling into my second week at this wonderful and in our eyes FIVE STAR hotel, will update when I get home.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dave P
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We have just returned from our 4th stay at the Achtis. As always Magda, Achilles, Christina, Lillia and Seve and all other staff make you very welcome and try their very best to ensure you have an enjoyable holiday. Nothing is too much trouble for them and they are always friendly and customer focused.. We have a junior suite which is very nice and is cleaned thoroughly every day. This is not a place if you like to be crammed in rows around a pool with no personal space, the beds and seating are spread between pool and garden to give people their own space to relax in. It is annoying when the towel brigade(english people) choose to get up very early and place towels on beds and then not take their places for many hours. There is no need to do this!! In response to previous reviews We were in the room next to the 3 year old boy and he caused us no trouble at all, in fact it was lovely to see him grow in confidence over the week as he revelled in attention from the staff and guests. It was nice that all the children present at the Achtis this week were very well behaved. Afitos is a lovely Greek village which has plenty of very good eating places with lots of fresh fish and local food.

Room Tip: All rooms face pool. Excellent sea views from top floor.
1  Thank gary_karen_14
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We picked this hotel after reading all of the reviews on trip advisor and all that you read is pretty much true, lovely staff, nice relaxing and well maintained hotel. We had a junior suite which was lovely and well cleaned every day. Breakfast could be improved a little with maybe a little more variety but overall did the job. When we first arrived the pool area was very quiet, almost too quiet and having a 3 year old we were worried about him making any noise and wondered if this was more of a hotel designed for the over 50's but later in the week a few more younger couples and families arrived and it did liven the place up. I agree with the comment about the sunbeds, you do need to get up early to get a good spot by the pool and we often found that towels were put on sunbeds very early with people not using them for half the day which is annoying but there are plenty to go around if you are ok with sitting in the gardens which was fine for us. Afitos is a lovely village but not much to do for children and after a week we had pretty much been to every restaurant and bar so I think a week here is enough if you have young children. The beach is very hard to get to as it's a long downhill walk and in the heat with a 3 year old getting back up is a bit of a struggle. We hired a car for a couple of days and used those days to go to the beach and travel to other villages. As for the comment below about the 'two mischievous children' one of which was our 3 year old. Perhaps if a 3 and 4 year old having fun in the pool of a 'family' hotel ruined your holiday (FYI - they played together once in the pool for a couple of hours and small children are not mute!) perhaps you need to think about going to an adults only hotel or an OAP village next time where people with no children can sit in silence. Overall a lovely hotel which is enjoyable and relaxing for a week.

Room Tip: All rooms over look the pool so I don't think there are any bad ones but junior suite was lovely...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Klaire A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Afitos
Sani Dunes
#3 of 6 in Sani
Sani Asterias
Sani Asterias
#2 of 6 in Sani

Been to Achtis Hotel? Share your experiences!