“Not a 4 star hotel, by far!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Aristoteles Beach Hotel

Aristoteles Beach Hotel
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Afitos
Detroit, MI
“Not a 4 star hotel, by far!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2005

Just came back from what should have been a relaxing and enjoyable one week all inclusive seaside vacation. Our group was made of our friends- a family of three, and us –also three.
As we got out from the van, that picked us from the airport, the smell that “welcomed” us was one that made us doubt that we made a good choice about the hotel. The check in was quick, but there was no one to help us with our luggage.
We got to find that our rooms were not closed to each other. No signs of how to get to the rooms, nobody to ask around, but to go back to the reception area. Finally, we found our way around. Just so you know: the hotel contains several buildings, 3 stories each, with interesting room entrances (not all from the same hallway, per story), if one could find the way around. Our hallway had a “swamp” stench, that from there on I was not using the normal entrance but the patio one (as our room was at the ground level). My husband told me that only that day the stench was noticeable, though.
We took a tour of the room, the bathroom had a rusted tub, the towels were supposed to be white- some of them were, some of them weren’t. I took one that was supposed to be white (but actually grayish) and went to the receptionist to complain. I asked if they change the towels every day and the response that I got back sent me in a total state of owe: “yes, if they are very dirty”. This is a quote! We are talking here of a 4 (four) star hotel! The soap that we found when we got the first time in the room was not changed, not replaced, nothing. Two small pieces of soap for seven days! In our friend’s room the AC did not work. Even after the maintenance people were not able to fix it, the receptionist did not want to change them in another room. The room change happen only the next day, when my friend threatened them with sleeping in the reception hall.
This is not all. Later on we went to the restaurant, of course. Guess what? Not even two steps in it and the “cafeteria” smell hit us in the face. We needed about 2-3 minutes to get used with it. The food was OK. They had a very tasty/creamy feta cheese. This is all that I can prize them for. Everything else was just mediocre, but every time we found something to eat. Some of the foods were not replenished during the two-hour meal time. More often than liked, the glasses saw a bit of water for cleaning. To be clear: the glasses were not clean- not in the restaurant, not at the pool-bar. For water we got tap water. Bottled water needed to be paid for (it was an all inclusive resort, though! Isn’t it?). At the beach bar everything needed to be paid for also, no exceptions.
One morning I was up early and I could see the janitors cleaning the pool area. Some water from the dirty concrete was going straight in the pool! No further comments!
The beach was nice. The sand was almost clean- still some cigarettes buts. The water was clean and nice. Except for one evening when lots of fishes were washed off shore. By next morning the gulls did their “sanitary” job, but some dead fish were still visible in the water. I don’t think that the hotel personnel was involved in the cleaning efforts. At the beach (I am not sure if around the pool was the same policy), to have two sunbeds and one umbrella one has to pay 5 (five) Euros/day. No beach towels available.
The entertaining team was speaking German only, even that about half of the guests were not Germans. We didn’t really appreciate it. The good part was that the noise was not too bothering, and at about 11:00 PM the shows were done.
All in all our vacation was OK, but only because we were able enjoy the water and the beach.
I would not recommend this hotel to any of my friends. Not, by far, a four star hotel!

29 Thank Nothingmore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Also consider these accommodations in or near Afitos
Blue Bay Hotel
Kassandra Palace Hotel
Kassandra Palace Hotel
#7 of 12 in Kriopigi
3.5 of 5 stars 205 reviews

Been to Aristoteles Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!