“This summer is the best in Athitos”
Review of Tomato And Pepper

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We are visiting Athitos the last 4 years but this summer tomato-pepper is the best in this village.I recommend to everyone try kleftiko( the best kleftiko I ever had) and stifado.servise is very good and Manolis the boy at the door has great sense of humor!!!I will definitely go again next year!!!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Unfortunately we only decided to eat here on our last night. BIG regrets as the food was fantastic. I ordered spaghetti Neapolitan which was just tomato pasta. It sounds very basic - which it was, but thats what I wanted, but the sauce was just SO yummy! It was a tomato and garlic sauce which had the perfect amount of garlic and onions so it wasnt overpowering. YUMMY! My boyfriend ordered the Sole, however when it came he had swordfish. We realised the waiter missunderstood 'Sole fish' but this didnt matter as he likes swordfish too. This portion was considerably smaller that the pasta portion and my boyfriend finished off my meal when I was full but he said it was very good. The swordfish was served with rice and a small salad garnish, which for a growing, 21 year old rugby player isnt a big meal. But the pasta helped fill the gap! We the had complimentary ice-cream with some sort of sugar wheat plant. Yum, the sugar wheat was VERY sweet, but a nice change to watermelon, which was on offer too. Very reasonable prices and good food. A must

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The food here is very nice. The staff are friendly and the selection is good. I would recommend visiting this restaurant.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

we had reasonable meals in afitos all week and the last night we ate at the tomato and pepper what a mistake!. We had a usual salad starter and for the main my wife ordered swordfish and i ordered a kleftico. The mains came out and i was given some greaseproof paper filled with scraps of lamb peas and carrots and when i said whats this the waiter, after going back to the kitchen 3 times was prepared to swear his life away on the fact that this was a kleftico! Needless to say i never paid for it, left and went down to a place called soboros beer bar that sells authentic meze and a range of good beers including a dark one on draft and we thougtht this was one of the better places in afitos, 300m west of main square and church.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We enjoyed some excellent food at Tomato and Pepper, especially the kleftico. The waiters were patient enough to let me practise the Greek I have been trying to learn at evening classes but this did not impede the service! The taverner is below street level so diners are not bothered by the fumes from passing vehicles. We returned several times during our holiday and were never disappointed. Good food, pleasant service.