“what to say?”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Afitos
Limassol, Cyprus
“what to say?”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Staying in Stratos hotel was one of the best ideas we had. The girls were so kind and helpful. They explained us where we had to go in order to have a good time or a great meal! Anastasia helped us to rent our car and made us sandwiches when we were leaving hotel before breakfast. Stella showed us some places to go in Halkidiki, explaining every time the way to go there. She absolutely knew how to entertain us and to make our day. We were so excited about the girls. Thank you for these beautiful days we had in your hotel. But . . . when something happens with respect to the hotel, please do not try to wake Anastasia up (the manager). Ever if you apologize and talk to her with the kindest way you can, she will act unprofessionally by talking to you sharply and ironically, blaming you for waking her up and for being uninformed about things that SHE had to informed you about the hotel’s facilities. You might be right but she doesn’t care about it. I am sorry about Anastasia because I was so enthusiastic with her. Try to inform and help your guests correctly. Otherwise, everything was fine and we had a great time there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank stelios1992
StratosHotel, Manager at Stratos Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Dear Stelios 1992,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for Stratos Hotel.

We are more than glad that you enjoyed your time in Halkidiki and grateful for all your beautiful words concerning our staff and me personally.

Regarding the incident that you woke me up at 1.30 in the morning I apologize if I was sharp to you and the same I did next morning when I saw you. The truth is that I was bothered to be informed that I had to wake up so late because you entered into our private parking without informing us and then you couldn’t go out because you hadn’t a remote control to open the bar.
We do offer parking free of charge to our guests although they need to reserve a spot. As you let me know you where already informed about it through our website.

Since you entered into our parking it probably means that another guest opened the bar and you passed through at the same time. So I believe that even if I had an intense in my voice I wasn’t rude to you and it seems quite logical to ask you how you entered into our parking place and why you didn’t ask earlier a remote control but only so late at night?

Concerning your last advise “to inform and help your guests correctly” we all doing our best and we are really sorry when we are not succeed it. However it seems from your review that we informed you and helped you as much as we could helping you with your car, preparing you sandwiches when you were leaving early in the morning or just informing you about beaches, restaurants or sightseeing in Halkidiki.

All the best,

Anastasia Nikolaidou

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Read the reviews and didn't know how close the hotel would be to the great reviews. We were not disappointed. Lovely hotel, small enough to care, big enough to be professional. Visited for a week with our teenage daughters & we were all impressed by the welcome we received. Anastasia and Stella make great hosts and are very helpful whether it is special food requests for breakfast (which was great) or tips on the best places to go on the peninsular. POOL was lovely - just the right size. Rooms cleaned and beds made daily. Breakfast had a good choice and replenished constantly. Pizza night in front on the BIG telly around the pool was a lovely evening. AFITOS itself small village with good choice of places to eat and lovely small gift shops. Beach was a good walk down hill, ok when you got there though very busy. Definitely advise a car for other beach choices and supermarket nearby. All round just what we needed - a FAB holiday.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Ian P
, Manager at Stratos Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Mr. Ian P,

Thank you for sharing this lovely review of Stratos Hotel with tripadvisor members!
We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and grateful for mentioning all those positive details about the rooms, the pool, the breakfast and even the pizza night in front of the big screen!

We would be glad to accommodate you again in the future!

Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

I haven't even left the hotel yet (tomorrow I check out) and I had such an amazing time that I felt I had to share. Not only is the hotel immaculate in all respects, the staff are incredible. I got a sunburn from the Greek sun on day 1 and Anastasia (hotel manager) was quick to point me in the right direction to the pharmacy and to recommend the best creams. Even before that she was extremely helpful in instructing me on how to get from Athens to the hotel and throughout the visit was a great person to chat with! My room was newly renovated and had a great washroom, queen bed, mini fridge, air conditioner and overlooked the pool. I could not have asked for a better vacation and would recommend the hotel to solo travelers, couples and families. Wonderful spot. Thank you SO much!

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Dave B
StratosHotel, Manager at Stratos Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Dear Dave B,

Thank you so much for your marvelous review concerning you stay in Stratos Hotel!

It was a pleasure to accommodate you and help you both with your sunburn and the instructions you needed in order to reach us from Athens.

All the staff here in Stratos we are doing our best for your guests in order to relax and enjoy thei stay and I specially like to thank you for mentioning myself to your review!

Good luck with your trip and we hope to accommodate you again in the future!

Best Regards,

Cherry Burton, East Yorkshire
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We did our homework before visiting Afitos and made the perfect choice.
Stratos is a superb hotel, extremely well run by a delightful family, totally committed to ensuring the highest possibly standards.
Ignore the negative reviews, which must be viewed as suspicious based on my experience.
Conveniently located close to the village centre, the facilities are all you could wish for, with a good variety of room options – meticulously clean and well equipped.
The pool is ideal and kept similarly clean.
Breakfast is a very comprehensive and fresh mix of continental and local foods, including the homely touch of mother’s home made preserves.
Afitos itself has real rustic charm, with a variety of welcoming but relaxed restaurants and tavernas – and with good and pretty beaches just a healthy walk away.
All in all, a great holiday in a lovely hotel, made perfect by the care, warmth and hospitality of the Nikolaidou family.
We must not desert Greece – which deserves our support in these difficult times.
You will not be disappointed by the Stratos, or indeed Afitos itself.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mike P
StratosHotel, Manager at Stratos Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear Mr. Mike P,

Thank you for your marvelous review!

It was a pleasure to make you feel comfortable and relaxed during your stay in Stratos and we are grateful for all your beautiful comments concerning our rooms, the pool, the cleanliness of our hotel and the breakfast!

As a member of the staff I would personally like to thank you for taking the time to share you experience with tripadvisor members!

We will be happy to accommodate you again in the future!

Strasbourg, France
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We really enjoyed our time at this hotel. It was my husband and I plus our 2 small sons (2 1/2 and 14 months). There is a wonderful play area for the kids and the kid swimming pool was great. We had a corner room with a view of the town and sea. They provided us with a bed for the baby and even gave us the room with a huge balcony. We arrived when the hotel first opened. The breakfast was well varied and I loved their homemade jams! So grateful to Anastasia for giving me some jam when I left.....thanks for being so thoughtful!! Even if we were there at the end of April the weather was not so bad (rainy but warm one day and the next 2 days, hot). We got to enjoy the beach as well. We were very sad to leave and are looking forward to going back one day.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank VEROVAN
StratosHotel, Manager at Stratos Hotel, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Dear Mrs. Verovan,

Thank you for your marvellous review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Stratos! It was a pleasure to accommodate you and your family, especially your lovely sons!
We will be happy to welcome you again in the future and we will always have some jam for you! :-)

Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed April 1, 2012

K & I
Simply perfect vacation in Stratos Hotel! We went there last year in July following recommendation of a friend who was going there with the family almost each year in the past couple of years and it was really a perfect choice. The hotel is quiet, cosy, very clean, located just a few minutes walk from the main street, and 100 m from a parking. There is a big, beautiful terrace of the restaurant where you can have breakfast and a bar near the swimming pool where you can enjoy reading books, drinking coffee..The staff was more than kind and friendly. They were taking care of every single detail so that you feel like the only and special guest of the hotel all the time. We will definitely come back there again :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Kris781
StratosHotel, Manager at Stratos Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Dear Kris 781,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!

We couldn’t have a better advertise than a friend of yours to recommend our hotel!

We highly appreciate that you do the same for us by sharing your experience in Stratos with trip advisor members!

It was a pleasure to accommodate you and we hope to welcome you again soon!

Hvala!

targu mures
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I was with my family during the August in Afytos, hotel Stratos . Our guests were really interest to feel us good, were really kind and friendly . The rooms were very clean , the towels were changed everyday . The parking place was just near the hotels. If you want a peaceful holiday , you can choose Stratos hotel , because you can have it . Also the swimming pools , with a part also for the children, you can use it from 10 am until 22 pm , without restriction during the midday. Afytos is a beautiful village , with interesting , narow street , romantic places , with a church , where if you have luck you can see a real greek weeding . The beach is about 10 minute away from the hotels , is with sand and the sea is worderful . Thank you Anastasia , thank you Silvia , i will recommend your hotel

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank maria c
StratosHotel, Manager at Stratos Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2011
Dear Maria c,

Thank you very much for choosing Stratos Hotel during your vacation in Halkidiki - Greece!

We really appreciate your marvelous review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay in Stratos Hotel!

Hope to accommodate you again soon!

Best Regards!

Anastasia Nikolaidou
Also consider these accommodations in or near Afitos
Achtis Hotel
#1 of 9 in Polichrono
Petrino Suites Hotel
Petrino Suites Hotel
#4 of 8 in Afitos

Been to Stratos Hotel? Share your experiences!