Me and my partner usually go on city breaks, and fancied something relaxing for a bit of a change. This was our ideal place. As previous reviewers mentioned, if you like karaoke and clubs, this is not for you. Rosy's is charming and the staff are so welcoming. The rooms were basic, but cute, clean and very cool. For those who like to sunbathe, there are plenty of loungers on different terraces right down to the sea. I like a wee bit of sun, but mostly stick to the shade, and there was plenty of shady areas all through the day too. The view from our room, and from all the terraces is spectacular. There is no pool, but you are right on the sea, and there are steps from the terraces right into the sea - so even better than a pool!
We ate out a couple of times, but the food was so good at Rosy's there was little point in going anywhere else. I tried a lot of fresh fish, which wasn't very cheap, but it was delicious. Their "potatoes baked in the oven" is now officially one of my favourite foods. I tried to be adventurous and try different things from the menu - it wasn't all to my taste, but it was all good value and good quality.
We went on a boat trip to Hydra which was fantastic. About 15 people from Rosy's and nearby went on Jamaica II sea taxi - there seems to be trips organised on a fairly regular basis which is good. This was really the only way we could see Hydra without staying overnight, so we were glad we did it. There was a nice stop off in Poros for Ice cream, and a wee swimming break too. Beware though, you do get taken to one of those "tourist trap" places for lunch. We would have loved to spend a bit more time and lunch in Hydra, but were taken round the corner (still on the island, but well away from the town), and the food was not great and was pretty expensive. I suppose that is to be expected on these type of trips, and to be fair a lot of people in the group really loved it...it was just our idea of hell. All in all the trip was well worth it, and I would definitely recommend it - just prepare yourself for a couple of wasted hours and an expensive, inferior lunch.
I never thought I would be the kind of person to return to the same holiday destination again and again, but I fell in love with Rosy's and I have a feeling I will be back a few more times. I couldn't fault this place. It was great value for money. As said the rooms are basic, but for the price they exceeded my expectations. The toilet/shower is very small, but again it does the job - no complaints here.
Rosy even has beach towels for you to borrow, and will go out of her way to help if you need anything else. The atmosphere at Rosy's is lovely, the scenery beautiful, and an overall relaxing experience. Not to be missed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small romantic seaside hotel built in a traditional style like a little village. All of the 16 rooms are individual designed, have fridge, a/c, balcony and sea view.Beach, bar and sea terrace are just in front. ,Kajak,And Canoes free for guests!Perfect spot for relaxation, but also for sightseeing, since Athens and the adjoining islands are very close. Workshops for painting,shiatsu,NIA,BIODANZA,NVC,in Spring and autum. Also you can Enjoy our Excursion boat for many trips,like Aegina island,Epidaurus festival, POROS and Hydra island,and barbeque on near by islet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Rosy's Little Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosy`s Little Village Hotel Angistri
- Rosys Little Village Agistri
- Rosys Little Village Hotel Agistri
- Rosy's Little Village Greece/Angistri