“Fantastic tapas”

Ranked #20 of 123 Restaurants in Cangas de Onis
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

What a find! We made a reservation for the restaurant in the old cider cellar. Lovely atmosphere. The food is mainly tapas and raciones - the larger portions. Everything is freshly cooked and all our dishes were delicious. We had croquettes,
grilled baby squid and mushrooms in a creamy cheese sauce. We each had a dessert, and shared a bottle of rose. The bill came to 42€ which we thought was very good value. Service was excellent and very friendly. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed February 27, 2017 via mobile

Full of locals, great atmosphere and cool setting. We reserved a table in the 'restaurant' before going - it's set down some stairs in an old cider cellar and it's a really cool little place. I'd say a must-see if in Cangas. We ordered a few tapas dishes and all were amazing, and we tried our first cider 'Asturias-style'. Staff were very friendly too. Highly recommended!

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed August 12, 2016

A little out of the main area this place is frequented by locals. We ordered a range of dishes and all were good. One very friendly waiter, happy to take our order. A second waiter rather full of himself didn't approve of our choices and poo-pooed my order, not believing I would be able to eat the lot. I had assumed my smell would tell him I had been hiking for eight days and, though slim, was not far off being capable of eating a horse. Despite his odd comments and missing one of our plate we had a great meal as the food was excellent.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed August 2, 2016

Informal, Spanish bar with great chef & food - super service. Wish I lived nearer and it was my local.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed July 26, 2016

If you want to drink cider in Cangas de Onís, this is a must. It's old, dark and packed with locals which is always a good sign. It has a very particular dining room worth seeing.

Date of visit: July 2016