“Traditional cider pub”

Ranked #20 of 123 Restaurants in Cangas de Onis
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed July 26, 2016

If you want to drink cider in Cangas de Onís, this is a must. It's old, dark and packed with locals which is always a good sign. It has a very particular dining room worth seeing.

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed July 24, 2015 via mobile

Go go go.

Full of character, good food and ok service...it's not so good when it's really busy...but otherwise it's great!

I always stop by when I'm in Cangas as just love the place!

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed March 17, 2015

My father brought me here when I was a kid AGES ago to eat often, yes there was sidra, but I didn't appreciate it till I was at least a teenager! I know that a trip to Asturias would not be complete if we did not eat here at least a few times. Authentic great meals, cheeses and of course sierra. My most recent visit here was in October, and now owned by same family, next generations, food is still amazing, the cayos are some of the best I have had EVER! Don't gravitate to the"touristy"sidrerias in town, round the corner and head down the street to el Polesu, you won't regret it!

Mi padre me trajo aquí cuando yo era cría hace muchos años a comer a menudo, sí había sidra, pero no me gustaba, por lo menos hasta que fui adolescente! Sé que un viaje a Asturias no estaría completo si no comemos aquí por lo menos un par de veces. Auténticos platos, quesos, y por supuesto sierra. Mi visita más reciente fue en octubre, y sigue los mismos dueños de la misma familia, nuevas generaciones, la comida sigue siendo impresionante, los cayos son algunos de los mejores que he tenido en mi vida. No te gravites a las sidrerías "turistas", de la ciudad, y da la vuelta en la esquina y a sentar te en el Polesu, no te arrepentirás.

Date of visit: October 2014
Reviewed November 22, 2014

Found this restaurant on tripadvisor when visiting Cangas De Onis.
To be honest if it wasn't for this site I would not have found it, it is tucked away in a corner of a sideria.
Spoke to the waiter and he made some recommendations which we followed. The Food was excellent and the cider good. It is a bit spit and sawdust but that adds to the appeal.
I would eat there again and would recommend a visit, it is reasonable priced too, approximately €25 including three bottles of cider. A good night out.

Date of visit: November 2014
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This sidreria was recommended by a ranger at the Picos de Europa office in town. We put ourselves in the hands of the young man who served us. Wow! Great food and an enthusiastic, outgoing guide to the local cuisine. When thanked for his kind attention, his was reply, "But ... this is what I do." Two large bottles sideria, two raciones & two espressos were 20 euros.

Date of visit: July 2014