“Very good but don't order cider”

Les Vieilles Pierres
Ranked #8 of 23 Restaurants in Eymet
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
“Very good but don't order cider”
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

We turned up here as a group of 6 at around 8.30 one Tuesday night and a table was prepared without hesitation. The food and service was excellent and the only disappointment was that we asked if they served cider. Madame returned with what she claimed was their last bottle. Foolishly we did not ask the price and at the end of a lovely meal when the bill arrived it was 18Eu for the bottle. I appreciate the mark up on wine is similar but I thought we could have been warned. I don't expect to pay anything lie that for cider. I will return here to eat as the food and service are good but I won't ever order anything not clear on the menu again.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank JuliePH1960

Eymet, France
“Typical french cuisine”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

If you are looking for value for money and typical french cuisine this is the place to go, not overly expensive and good wholesome food. Lunches are good value

Visited December 2013
London
“Excellent Friday night BBQ”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Lovely family friendly hotel and restaurant. The BBQ was fantastic and great value for money-defintely worth a visit as some of the restaurants in Eymet are overpriced in comparison.

Visited August 2013
Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Up on the Hill”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This place just makes my 4 stars. I've had good and bad here. When good, I think the food is very tasty and value for money too. The building is nice and the view's worth the trip up for. If you're looking for accommodation, they are very reasonably priced. The staff are usually friendly, but can get a bit distracted at times. I think they have some off days, but mostly make the effort. Definitely worth considering!

• Visited April 2013
Roumagne, France
“Properly regional”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Good view over Eymet with great sunset, nice air conditioned conservatory and proper regional cuisine at good prices. The only reason for 4 not 5 stars is I know that the chef is capable of exceptional cuisine however of course the prices would rise.........

Visited May 2013