“Reasonable meal, reasonable price, reasonable service!”
Review of La Maison d'Amour

La Maison d'Amour
Ranked #6 of 25 Restaurants in Eymet
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Come and enjoy local dishes in a welcoming atmosphere, set under the arcades in the centre of the bastide. Specialities include duck breast savoury pancake "à la royale", the "assiette gourmande" and crêpe with Guérande salt caramel ice cream.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Had a lunchtime stop here and enjoyed the food (Gallete complet) and cider. Thr service isn't to smiley but was efficient enough. I can't say that it was a fantastic meal experience, but it wasn't dissapointing either, pretty average really. Doesn't really compare to the Pizzeria over the square, which is generally much much better.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

This restaurant in the English friendly village of Eymet surprised us by being exactly the opposite. We sat down and I walked to the toilet only to be met by a woman stopping me in my tracks saying for restaurant patrons only. She gave way when I explained we were. We were then asked to move from a table for two next to another one in case four people came in to one placed alone. French people came in behind us and sat down at the same table and were not moved.

We then placed our order asking for one of the dishes to be have less prawns on it. The meals came which were very good but no difference in their content and she did not ask which one of us wanted less prawns. I hasten to add that we were speaking French all the time. We then realised we had no bread as the other french customers and had to ask for it. Apart from this and no hint of a smile we enjoyed our food.

We will not bother to go again as there are plenty of welcoming restaurants in Eymet

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Ate lunch here today after looking over the evening menu last night and choosing to eat at the Italian on the square (excellent food there too).
I opted for the menu of the day at 14.50 euros. Only a choice of 2 dishes for each course, so if you're a fussy eater it may not suit you.
Stater was a warm goats cheese salad with ham which was very nice and a generous portion too (the main course salads are HUGE). For the main course I had duck with a sauce served with chips - quite basic but tasty. For the dessert, I opted for the crepe which was very nice and sufficient after the previous courses. My other half just had a main course of pork, chips and salad - again very good food and generous portions. Total bill with wine, water and bread was 30 euros

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Ive been here long enough to see a change of owners here. I have NEVER had a bad meal, its always reasonable, clean, good service coupled with the stunning building what more can you ask. (PS: best steak in Eymet)

1  Thank steven h
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Waited for 20 minutes to take order, waitress did not seem to like my attempt at the french language, thought it polite to try. Portion size very small compared to other places in Eymet and the chips were frozen rather than fresh. Also overpriced.