“Lunch”

Ranked #10 of 25 Restaurants in Eymet
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very busy and for us at least good service.
We had the risotto which was just as it should be and also pasta with meat. The meat was great but the pasta underdone, not al dente but underdone. Even do a nice place for a summer lunch.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

This delight was suggested by some friends in Eymet as a nice place to eat, but only on going there did we find they were masters of the understatement. This is an EXCELLENT place to eat! The location, just off the square in the lovely town of Eymet, offers ample parking and storybook views of timbered houses and a glorious fountain. The restaurant itself is comfortable and inviting, offering seating for from 1 to 15 if desired. However it is the food that will keep you coming back.

Our was a big group and as such there was a diverse array of dishes ordered. Since we were all friends that meant we all got a taste of several different things, and all of them were delicious. The pizza is that crunchy thin crust kind with top quality toppings, and I can tell you that it might be a good idea to share one, particularly if you want a bite of something else. I tried the pasta putanesca, tagliatelle with duck ragout and the pizza – all were well beyond my expectations. I wish I had left room for dessert because they had some sumptuous sounding selections.

The final surprise was the bill. I’d have gladly paid top dollar for the quality and quantity of food we were served, but the prices were more than reasonable. It is the kind of place you could return daily for lunch or dinner without busting your wallet (though I cannot say the same for your belt!).

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

Gorgeous summer evening, so we wanted to eat outside as it still in the high 20s at 8.30.

Found a wonderful table for 2, the only one left in the shade with a slight breeze.

For entrées I had the mixed antipasti which was excellent while ma femme chose the tuna salad, which was also good.

The pizza de resistance were the main course pizzas. Simply the best I have ever had anywhere. Mine a simple ham & pineapple was divine. The flavours just in the base and topping were amazing.

Mme D a pris the salmon / anchovies with crème fraîche and onion - again divine.

Pour les desserts - I had the tiramisu rose which replaced chocolate / coffee with raspberry and was lovely as was the good lady’s peach Melba.

Service was friendly and prompt.

Four out of five slightly undersells it - it was a good four and a half minimum, but sadly we can’t award half points!

Reviewed July 7, 2018

I wish I could think of something nice to say about this place. When we visited, it was really busy with insufficient staff. We seemed to be more of a nuisance than anything else as the place was heaving. The host seemed to be surprised that we spoke French as we could hear nothing but English voices...loud and overpowering. It's more like an English pub serving a screwed up version of Italian food. The salad was dripping in oil, the pasta was under cooked in one dish and overcooked in another and the pizza was an oily, greasy mess. Just serve up some Yorkshire puddings and be done with it. Not nice. Not good.

Reviewed July 2, 2018

This has to be one of the busiest restaurants in Eymet but they have it well covered. You can't book but if its busy (and it is) they have an area you have a drink before they have a table. They are so on the ball you never have to wait long. Best of all is they have really good pizza, pasta and the sweets are to die for! Not expensive ether so we ate there a few times!