“Simply excellent”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Corfu Town
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Simply excellent”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

As we were staying a week, the hotel sent a complimentary taxi to meet us at the airport, nice touch. Given a welcome drink on arrival and then there was complimentary wine and water in our room. Only adverse comment was that I thought our room to be a bit on the small side but it was comfortably furnished and very clean. The included breakfast was outside in the courtyard garden, very pleasant - or inside a purpose built breakfast room in the garden, very spacious and with everything you'd expect. The choice of food was continental style with a lot of variety, breads, cheeses, hams, eggs, croissants, pastries, cakes, fruit, yoghurt, cereals etc. as much as you could want, all washed down with very nice coffee or a wide choice of teas. The staff were all so helpful and welcoming. My wife was ill while we were there (nothing to do with the hotel, a bad reaction to mosquito bites) and she needed a pharmacy and then the hospital casualty department. The hotel staff were so helpful and forthcoming with advice, where to go, what to do. Every time we passed reception they required how she was. Very kind and thoughtful people. A special mention of Spiros, the manager I think and Marielle - both we're extremely helpful and make the hotel special. Location-wise the hotel is very close to Corfu Old Town and all to shops, restaurants and museums etc. but still very quiet and peaceful. You can book to stay here without the usual apprehension, you'll love it.

Room Tip: Overlooking the garden is probably the most quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JGM1950

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Zero faults. The welcome was warm and genuine, and the service never faultered away from that level. The room was spotless, comfortable, and the beds were lovely. As was the hotel`s entire decor, especially the bar room. A wonderful stay. A special mention to Spiros though who really did provide the charm (and cocktails!). The hotel is in a terrific locations, minutes away from the beautiful small streets.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
newcastle
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Totally agree with recent reviews. Hotel Bella Venezia is in a beautiful building with a shaded courtyard garden in a quiet spot in the old town. This is a very special hotel. Lots of lovely touches such as a welcome drink when you arrive and some complimentary wine in the fridge in your room. Amazingly helpful and friendly staff, tastefully decorated rooms,super comfy beds, quality bedding and the quietest AC in the world. We even had a bath in our bathroom! Not something you tend to expect in Greece unless you are in a very expensive hotel.
We booked in for 3 nights and planned to move on but ended up staying there for our entire 8 day trip! We were doing a lot of walking and it was such a lovely hotel to return to at the end of the day. Great little bars and restaurants along Guildford Street- a 2 minute walk away. ( "Vesuvio" was excellent value.)
We didn't find the breakfasts boring as some reviewers have said. There is plenty of choice and you can eat as much as you like. We had breakfast in the garden in late October. A lovely experience!
We are already planning another trip as there are plenty more amazing walks on this beautiful island so we have an excellent reason to return next year to the charming Bella Venezia!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hexhamlasses
North London England
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Spent two weeks here in September and it was perfect choice. Agree with all the recent reviews and must praise the friendliness of Marilena, Spiros and the team. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they made us feel part of the family.We absolutely loved Corfu town and this hotel. The many ( Greek ) people we spoke to on our travels around the area covered by the blue bus line knew of the hotel and all said it was lovely. Please note hotel provides beach towels ( they don't mention it in their info but if you know you have more room in your case for more interesting items )

Room Tip: We were on the first floor , at the back over looking the garden and it was very quiet. All the room...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I could point out the highly qualitative comfort of the Bella Venezia's bedrooms.
I could focus on every single detail that makes this hotel so special, from the fragrant smell towels to the tasty breakfasts served in the private garden courtyard, while swallows are flying over the wisteria arbor.
I could describe the feeling you get when relaxing in the smooth couches of the English style lounge.
I could also confirm how perfect the location is, just a few meters far from very good restaurants in the most charming alleys of the old city.

But what I really wish to say is the emotion I have, when remembering how the hotel team made me feel home, every minute I spent with them.

I will never forget the communicative, friendly energy and sensitiveness of Spiros, without mentioning the unique, delicious and refreshing welcome drink of his own.
I will certainly do my best to have home-made 'frappé metrio mè gala' as addictive as all those I enjoyed every morning, following the example and advice I was given.
I will for sure, miss Marilena and Costandina's lively presence and lovely smile, each time I shared with them the exciting experiences I had, visiting outstanding spots or finding out local specialities in Corfu.
And I will keep wondering who, between Jonathan and I, was the most looking after the other, knowing that I could not compete with his natural kindness.

As a matter of fact, I will have to struggle not to get overwhelmed by the sadness of having left, when I would have clearly preferred to stay with them much more than I did.

Hopefully, I will find a way to come back there, the sooner the better.

Lawrence Durrell and Henry Miller were the first to warn us: when you come to Corfu you reconcile with yourself. Now, let me add that staying at Bella Venezia is an exquisite way to make this true experience real. Just tell the people you love: they will know you do care for them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Benoit_Moncorge
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was a perfectly situated hotel for exploring the old town and wandering down to Mon Repos and Kanoni. The bus station is also nearby for trips to Achillion.

The staff were friendly and the garden a lovely place for breakfast each morning

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
#3 of 10 in Corfu Town
Corfu Palace Hotel
Corfu Palace Hotel
#4 of 10 in Corfu Town
Mayor Mon Repos Palace 'Art Hotel"
Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa
Sunset Hotel
Sunset Hotel
#5 of 10 in Corfu Town
Arcadion Hotel
Arcadion Hotel
#42 of 404 in Corfu

Been to Bella Venezia Hotel? Share your experiences!