“Sublime.”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Corfu Town
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Sublime.”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Zero faults. The welcome was warm and genuine, and the service never faultered away from that level. The room was spotless, comfortable, and the beds were lovely. As was the hotel`s entire decor, especially the bar room. A wonderful stay. A special mention to Spiros though who really did provide the charm (and cocktails!). The hotel is in a terrific locations, minutes away from the beautiful small streets.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
newcastle
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Totally agree with recent reviews. Hotel Bella Venezia is in a beautiful building with a shaded courtyard garden in a quiet spot in the old town. This is a very special hotel. Lots of lovely touches such as a welcome drink when you arrive and some complimentary wine in the fridge in your room. Amazingly helpful and friendly staff, tastefully decorated rooms,super comfy beds, quality bedding and the quietest AC in the world. We even had a bath in our bathroom! Not something you tend to expect in Greece unless you are in a very expensive hotel.
We booked in for 3 nights and planned to move on but ended up staying there for our entire 8 day trip! We were doing a lot of walking and it was such a lovely hotel to return to at the end of the day. Great little bars and restaurants along Guildford Street- a 2 minute walk away. ( "Vesuvio" was excellent value.)
We didn't find the breakfasts boring as some reviewers have said. There is plenty of choice and you can eat as much as you like. We had breakfast in the garden in late October. A lovely experience!
We are already planning another trip as there are plenty more amazing walks on this beautiful island so we have an excellent reason to return next year to the charming Bella Venezia!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hexhamlasses
North London England
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Spent two weeks here in September and it was perfect choice. Agree with all the recent reviews and must praise the friendliness of Marilena, Spiros and the team. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they made us feel part of the family.We absolutely loved Corfu town and this hotel. The many ( Greek ) people we spoke to on our travels around the area covered by the blue bus line knew of the hotel and all said it was lovely. Please note hotel provides beach towels ( they don't mention it in their info but if you know you have more room in your case for more interesting items )

Room Tip: We were on the first floor , at the back over looking the garden and it was very quiet. All the room...
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I could point out the highly qualitative comfort of the Bella Venezia's bedrooms.
I could focus on every single detail that makes this hotel so special, from the fragrant smell towels to the tasty breakfasts served in the private garden courtyard, while swallows are flying over the wisteria arbor.
I could describe the feeling you get when relaxing in the smooth couches of the English style lounge.
I could also confirm how perfect the location is, just a few meters far from very good restaurants in the most charming alleys of the old city.

But what I really wish to say is the emotion I have, when remembering how the hotel team made me feel home, every minute I spent with them.

I will never forget the communicative, friendly energy and sensitiveness of Spiros, without mentioning the unique, delicious and refreshing welcome drink of his own.
I will certainly do my best to have home-made 'frappé metrio mè gala' as addictive as all those I enjoyed every morning, following the example and advice I was given.
I will for sure, miss Marilena and Costandina's lively presence and lovely smile, each time I shared with them the exciting experiences I had, visiting outstanding spots or finding out local specialities in Corfu.
And I will keep wondering who, between Jonathan and I, was the most looking after the other, knowing that I could not compete with his natural kindness.

As a matter of fact, I will have to struggle not to get overwhelmed by the sadness of having left, when I would have clearly preferred to stay with them much more than I did.

Hopefully, I will find a way to come back there, the sooner the better.

Lawrence Durrell and Henry Miller were the first to warn us: when you come to Corfu you reconcile with yourself. Now, let me add that staying at Bella Venezia is an exquisite way to make this true experience real. Just tell the people you love: they will know you do care for them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Benoit_Moncorge
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was a perfectly situated hotel for exploring the old town and wandering down to Mon Repos and Kanoni. The bus station is also nearby for trips to Achillion.

The staff were friendly and the garden a lovely place for breakfast each morning

2 Thank Welshhippo
London
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My boyfriend and I made this hotel our base for a week on Corfu. It was a great choice, because of its excellent location and even better customer service. The hotel is located on the edge of the Old Town, minutes from the Spianada and countless good restaurants, and an easy 10 minute walk from the bus station. The staff are without exception friendly and helpful, which we really appreciated. Just as an example of the service we received, on our first day I wanted to go to the beach, so the lady on reception recommended a beach, gave us a bus timetable to get there, and provided us with beach towels.

The rooms themselves are clean, and the contemporary furnishings are tasteful, though slightly at odds with the Venetian mansion the hotel is housed in. There is also a lovely courtyard which breakfast is served in every morning. I've read mixed reviews about the breakfast, but with all the cereal, greek yoghurt, fruit, cakes and olives on offer, we found it pretty great.

In general, this is a lovely, pretty good value hotel. I would say you need to know what you're getting into, though. What I mean is, this is a small, boutique hotel. So expect ambience and charm, but no gym, swimming pool, special activities for kids, or giant fried breakfasts. You can find those at many large resort-style hotel outside Corfu Town. But I would definitely stick with Bella Venezia.

2 Thank Rockgenie19
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed at the Bella Venezia for couple of nights, at the end of a walking tour of Corfu.
The hotel is converted from a restored neo-classical mansion and is ideally situated for exploring the Old Town. The rooms are comfortably furnished and well equipped.
There is a bar and comfortable lounge area as well as a garden where breakfast can be taken in the pavillion or on the terrace.
There are many excellent restaurants within close walking distance of the hotel.
Reception staff were friendly and very helpful.

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor rooms
1 Thank LMorris59
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corfu Town
Corfu Mare Boutique Hotel
Corfu Mare Boutique Hotel
#3 of 10 in Corfu Town
Corfu Palace Hotel
Corfu Palace Hotel
#4 of 10 in Corfu Town
Mayor Mon Repos Palace 'Art Hotel"
Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa
Arcadion Hotel
Arcadion Hotel
#39 of 404 in Corfu
Bella Vista Hotel & Studios

Been to Bella Venezia Hotel? Share your experiences!