Review Highlights
Helped make My visit to Mykonos all that much better

Finished a tour with Antonis and driver which was just terrific. We explored much of Mykonos and... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Cleotzar
Boston, Massachusetts
via mobile
Will Always Have Fond Memories of Mykonos Thank you Antonis

I have learned when traveling to foreign countries I prefer private tours rather than large group... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago

from $70.41
from $78.35
from $54.51
More Info
All reviews his knowledge yogurt walking tour his passion food tour come alive full day tour excellent tour private tour his words cave restaurant beautiful monastery touring greece history tour rick steves local cheese subject matter
Selected filters
Reviewed October 2, 2018

Exceptional experience with Andonis who gave all the insights, myths and legends of Mykoos Town and the whole island!!!

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

We were booked to tour Delos with Antonis but all boats and ferries were grounded due to the Medicane storm. So as not to be a total loss Antonis was so nice to give us a wonderful walking history tour of Mykonos town with a visit to a medieval bakery and home made wine at his house. We learned so much from him even though we had wandered the entire town the day before but didn’t know what we were seeing. We learned about the true character of this ancient town beyond the over advertised party scene. We highly recommend Antonis so that you too can learn about the real Mykonos and Delos

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed September 17, 2018

This is one historical site-Delos where you can explore without a guide, but it is highly recommended to have one in order to put the artifacts into perspective. Some of the important relics of the past are replaced with duplicates- the real artifacts are in museums. The boat ride to/from Delos was an ordeal for me - As I don't do well in choppy waters, and despite this vessel being large, I did have motion sickness. Take ginger candy if you are prone to motion sickness and enjoy the warm, clear skies over historic Delos.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed September 15, 2018

My travel companion and I engaged Antonis for a full day tour private, customized tour, including a trip to Delos, a guided walking tour of Mykonos Town, a trip to a 9th generation bakery, a trip to a 3rd generation cheesemaker, a short visit to the monastery in Ano Mera, and a visit to one of the last undeveloped beaches on Mykonos, which included a delicious meal at Kiki's Tavern.

Antonis' knowledge of history, Greek culture, and Mykonos itself is outstanding. He educates and informs you with passion and detail that makes everything you see come alive.

Our time on Delos was fascinating. He is an erudite expert on the history of Delos, and it's place in the larger history of the Cyclades, and the Athenian, Roman, Byzantine, Venetian and Ottoman empires that have ruled over and been influenced by this ancient crossroads of the Aegean. And he is very engaging and entertaining! His tour shows the history and culture of Delos as experienced by the Delians. After Mykonos, my companion and I spent a few days in Athens, visiting the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum, as well as the Archaeological Museum there. When we learned about Athenian history, we had so much context from Antonis about Delos that we instantly recognized that what we saw there was really the "Athenian" point of view about the same events that involved Delos. Having both sides of the story made things so much richer.

The rest of our day was equally delightful. Antonis showed us a Mykonos entirely different than the popular notion of it as a "party island". From the discussions of the origins of the earliest port/town, to the Venetian influence, to the many hidden gems of local life and flavor available, Antonis is the best!

Whether you are spending a couple of days, or a week or more, on Mykonos, your entire experience there will be unforgettably better if you engage Antonis to be your guide.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

When booking my trip, I had been looking up popular tours to do while traveling. I just happened to scroll past a site explaining the “Delos Tour” with Antonis and He was being raved about by other travelers. I had read many wonderful reviews about him and decided to reach it to him directly via Facebook! He was very helpful in planning not only this tour, but with suggesting other things to help me while I’m traveling! After our tour in Delos, I am really glad that we chose him to show us around. He was VERY educated on the history of Delos and taught us so much more than we expected! I have had other tour guides, but none of them compare to Antonis, by far!! I would highly recommend a tour with him, he will make the whole day worth every penny you spend! We chose to do a full day tour with him, and he took us to a beautiful farm where we had fresh salads for lunch and he showed/taught us the history of Mykonos!!

Date of experience: August 2018