“Rude / poor accommodation”
Review of Petinaros Hotel

Petinaros Hotel
Reviewed June 12, 2012

The swimming pool area is very nice.

The check in procedure was unprofessional. The shower was uncomfortably small which resulted in a soaking wet bathroom after each shower.

We arrived for breakfast one morning at 10:00. We only found bread, jam and cereal. When we asked for eggs, cheese or ham we were told very rudely to phone the tour agent. The owner was not at all willing to help.

It is unbelievable that this accommodation is offered as a product. I cannot think that a modern person would enjoy this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Philip K

Reviewed January 19, 2012

If you have a scooter or car to rent this would be a great place to stay. Otherwise you have to walk quite a ways down lots of steps to get to the town center where everything is happening. This makes the walk back up much harder after walking around so much downtown.
The pool was very nice, the water was cold but after laying in the sun it felt good. The rooms were everything you need if you don't plan on staying in all the time. We had clean sheets, extra blankets, a tv, a good shower, very good breakfast, and the staff was helpful when it came to deciding what beaches to go and how to get there. They also have menus for nearby restaurants that have free delivery.
Overall it was a good place to stay but if I stayed again I would pay extra to rent a scooter or atv so we wouldn't have to walk as much.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Omaha114
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Bad points:
-Our bathroom had hair in the drain from the previous guests....
-The people who worked there were hard to find, nearly every time I went to the desk no one was there and 15 minutes later no one was still there....
-the worst part was that I left my euro outlet adapter in a plug. I emailed the hotel via the email on their website and the address was invalid. I thankfully had a travel company I was working with and they emailed found out the email and emailed the hotel for me. The hotel stated they had found my adapter and it would cost me 58€ for them to mail it back it me!!!
Good points:
The pool was beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!! Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Rosie3481
Reviewed July 21, 2011

When we arrived we were placed in a room that had 3 bedrooms and it was only me and a friend staying in one room. The next morning we were awoken and told that we had to switch rooms since they needed the one we were in. I found this to be annoying and unorganized. This hotel is far from the town and it requires you to take a cab everywhere. The problem is getting a cab can be difficult since they are always busy. The owner closes the door at midnight and leaves for the night. I've never been to a hotel where someone wasn't at the front desk all night, so we had to call a cab on our own which can get pricey especially without an international plan. The owner lives on the property and at 2am while waiting for a cab to go out for the night, she comes out to tell us to be quite because other people are sleeping. This was Mykonos AKA the party island so to be told to be quite was appalling to us. The owner did not seem thrilled to help us call for cabs, hence, the title RUDE! Besides for the pool being really nice, overall this hotel is not worth it. Rude services and out of the way from everything.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lardeljan
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We enjoyed staying here. The common pool area is very pretty, but the rooms are quite small. Only an 8 minute to city center as opposed to what other reviews here say. The reason for this is that there are steps that we did not know about until after initially taking the 30 minute walk into the center. These steps provide for an enormous short cut. The price here is on par with similar hotels. My only real complaint is that the reception area almost never had anyone attending to it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gossome
Reviewed April 22, 2011

Avoid this place. Its got nothing good about it. And its freezing!! Theres no heater, just ac. And being here mid april, it was freezing in the room. I had to use the hairdryer to keep myself warm.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Kingkong1982
Reviewed September 16, 2010

a clean hotel.quiet this time of year,but without a car it is a long walk into town, and you will need a taxi back, and taxis are not always available.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends