This hotel is only a 5-10 min walk to the main town, but its on a busy street, so be careful. We rented a scooter to get around the island, which I recommend, there is more to see here than Mykonos Town! The rooms are spacious and well appointed. We had a choice between 2, both with great balconies and views. The light over the balcony didn't work and I did let them know at the desk, but it was never fixed. I like to sit on the patio and write at night, so this was annoying that I couldn't do this. There is a beautiful salt water swimming pool, but its unheated, and even in the August heat it was a little cold, so I didn't go in as much as I wanted to. Nice pool bar. Beach is walking distance across the street with a nice little taverna right on the beach. The transfer was late picking us up from the ferry, everyone was gone and we were still standing. I did not have a phone, so wasn't sure how I was going to contact the hotel, but within a few minutes, he was there. Breakfast is included, but options are minimal. The doors are open all day, so on the first day I strolled in to check it out. There were cookies out, so I took one, but someone quickly arrived to tell me that I wasn't allowed to do that, it was for breakfast only. I then saw a sign that said there was a $20 euro charge for taking food off hours!!!!! I am an experienced traveler, and many hotels offer this kind of service all day, so I was surprised that if it wasn't allowed, why weren't the doors locked?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A new elegant residence in an ideal location just 400m from Mykonos town, on the beach of Megali Ammos with the golden sand and the clear blue water. Designed in style and passion in the year of 2006.There is a large sea water swimming pool, a children's pool and jacuzzi, gym, breakfast room(with breakfast buffet), pool-bar, lobby, internet access and parking. All the rooms have a great view of the center and the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Beach Hotel Mykonos
- Grand Beach Mykonos, Greece