“September 2013”

Bill & Coo Suites and Lounge
Ranked #4 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Second visit to Bill & Coo - everything was good as the first in 2011! Great views from a perfect location - a few minutes walk from the town gave us some exercise. Great accommodation, food and very helpful staff made for the perfect week.We will be booking again for next year - that's the best recommendation!

Room Tip: The upper balcony rooms get the best view!
3  Thank Brian B

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We spent two days at Bill & Coo and got free upgrade to junior suit for the first night. Our stay was very relax and comfortable. The infinite pool view is amazing, especially at the sunset time and in the night. The food is really good, such as pasta and rib eye steak. The dishes in the dinner set are very interesting but a little pricey. The room is very comfortable. They clean the room twice everyday. The hotel is very close to a very quiet beach (maybe because of the season) and the town.

Room Tip: It is better to choose a room from 'older' white part of the hotel. The pure white corridor...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marauderlin
Reviewed October 4, 2013

With the exception of the restaurant and pool staff, Bill & Coo is not representative of the great hospitality that the Greeks are famous for. In addition, this hotel does not deserve a 5-star rating.

My friend and I booked 3 nights at Bill & Coo approximately 5 weeks prior to our arrival. We individually received confirmations for our stay via email upon making our reservations. Furthermore, these linked reservations were referenced by direct email to the hotel upon successfully making transfer arrangements for arrival and departure. Upon arrival, the hotel management informed us that they only had my reservation booked for the first two nights, but that they could not find my friend's reservation for the 3rd night. The manager reassured us that she would upgrade us to another room in the hotel for the 3rd night and would confirm the same by that same evening. We never heard from her that evening and, the next day while we were relaxing by the pool, an employee from reservation desk unceremoniously approached us to inform us that we would be transferred to another sister hotel on the island--- on a REMOTE part of the island. WE HAD NEITHER CHOICE NOR INPUT INTO THE MATTER. We told her that we wanted to address the issue directly with the hotel manager that we spoke with the day before because she had assured us that we would merely change rooms within the SAME hotel and certainly had not mentioned a transfer. This employee, in a flippant attitude, responded by saying that "WHO CARES IF YOU CHANGE HOTELS? YOU'RE GOING TO A BEACH TOMORROW ANYWAYS."- an attitude unbecoming of any employee at ANY hotel. Not surprisingly, AGAIN, we did NOT hear from the manager. Instead, the next morning, we were advised that (1) YES, THE HOTEL FOUND OUR RESERVATION, BUT “UNFORTUNATELY, WE ARE FULLY BOOKED,” and (2) we had no option but to transfer all of our belongings to the another hotel--- WITHOUT ANY CONCESSIONS made by Bill & Coo FOR THEIR FAILURE TO HONOR OUR RESERVATION AND THE DISRUPTION TO OUR VACATION OTHER THAN, in their words, "WE WON'T CHARGE YOU TO TRANSFER YOU TO THE OTHER HOTEL." Thank you, Bill & Coo! How generous of you! MY SUSPICION that this hotel FLIPPED US OVER to their sister property FOR A HIGHER BIDDER was further strengthened when we met a guest at the other hotel who told us that this group of hotels is notorious for these types of maneuvers. Expedia and SLH showed approximately U$S600/night in early June when we booked, and about 2,000Euro/night when we arrived late July. Hence, beware of Bill & Coo's M.O.

Finally, with respect to the quality of the hotel, Bill & Coo certainly neither deserves a 5-star rating nor to be part of the Small Luxury Hotels collection. The only aspect of the hotel worthy of a 5-star rating (and that's being generous) is the restaurant and pool area. The rooms are "okay" at best... no more than a 3 star. The bed was not comfortable--- mediocre for a 5-star hotel. The bathrooms are extremely small. It appears to me to be a poor remodel. The bathroom amenities were literally extremely "watered down" versions of the original lotions--- as we discovered at the terrific hotel we stayed at in Athens with the same brand-name bathroom amenities. Worst of all, the water pressure was POOR on the first day, and practically NON-EXISTENT on the second day. Try showering and rinsing under a dribble of water. As we were being transferred, we witnessed a water tank truck parked in the hotel driveway to pump water into the hotel's reserves. One would think that, especially at a 5-star hotel, management would stay on top of how much water was left in their tank before allowing extremely poor water pressure conditions to occur in their 5-star hotel.

I would certainly NOT recommend this hotel. We were persuaded to book this hotel from all the fabulous reviews on TripAdvisor and the fact that it’s part of SLH. However, BEWARE. YOU MAY NOT END UP WITH WHAT YOU BARGAINED FOR... AND FIND YOURSELF ON A REMOTE PART OF THE ISLAND... WITHOUT CONVENIENT ACCESS TO THE CITY OF MYKONOS... and forget receiving even a halfway sincere apology.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
14  Thank NVHM
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed at Bill & Coo for 5 nights this in September 2013
From the minute you arrive you are greeted with a cold drinks and a quick sit down with the manager to welcome you to the hotel.

The rooms / Food / View / Pool / Sun Set.. AMAZING.. Staff couldnt have helped us more.. from amazing breakfast to amazing pool side service..

The hotel is $$ but i think it is worth every $$.. we had an amazing room with a private spa on the balcony.. highly recommended..

what can one say.. Amazing Bill + Coo.. look forward to our return next year

Room Tip: 207.. great view.. great spa
1  Thank mgpacific0-1
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Spent a week at this exceptional hotel early in September. Have been to Mykonos on a number of occasions but this was definitely the best for a number of reasons. The view from the reception and pool area on arrival is stunning and sets the tone. Extremely friendly and attentive service from all the staff from greeting at reception on arrival through to service in the restaurant and around the pool. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble. The quality of food surpassed all expectations and we were lucky enough to be at the hotel on one of their pop-up Gastronomy nights. Despite the wonderful choice of restaurants in Mykonos town, only a ten minute walk away, we stayed in the hotel and thoroughly enjoyed the exceptional quality and ambiance of the hotel's restaurant.

The room (211) was very spacious and cool with stunning views from the terrace.

We will definitely be back to what is one of the best hotel we have stayed in throughout the world.

Room Tip: Certain rooms have better sea views than others
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I just came back from my vacations, and one of my stops was in Mykonos and Bill and Coo. While there are no words to describe it, I will do my best to give you an idea of the quality of service, food and our overall stay, which if I can state this it was just fabulous.
We arrived at the airport and Christos was waiting for us with a sign with our names on it and a huge smile. During the drive to the hotel he was explaining us few things about Mykonos. Upon our arrival to the hotel Rena welcomed us with a handshake and she escorted us to the pool area in order to be offered a welcome drink. This was the first time that I checked in in a hotel that from the 1st instant I felt relaxed and more than welcome. I did not have to write anything in the registration or wait on a queue in order to check in, I was just relaxed at a couch drinking a glass of Champagne and watching the view. The staff had written everything for me and I only signed. After a while Maria – the general manager of the hotel -approached us and welcomed us in Bill and Coo and Mykonos. She was very friendly- in comparison to other colleagues of hers that I have met in other properties around the world, and believe me because of my job (as a quality manager in the service sector) I have seen a lot. She sat with us and we were discussing few possible things that we would like to do during our stay. She told us not to worry as her and her team is there in order to make our stay unique. I read in the previous comments few things that if can say I disagree the most. Maria is around all day long, even during the night. Always available for all her guests. Except us the same opinion had many other couples that happened to discuss it with them during the day around the pool or breakfast. I found her just amazing, but not only her , the whole staff. I could just write all the names , as I remember them and without having a name tag, because this makes the difference. The service is just as attentive as you would like it to be, not too intrusive, they are there and make sure that you are having a good time. They pamper you all day long with many ways, from the staff of the restaurant-pool area, the reception, even the housekeeping.
The food is very good.
The breakfast you may have it in your room or at the restaurant area. And it is served to you with a smile, what better start for the day. The choices are many and you may combine the set types. All the days that we stayed we never felt bored of it.
Lunch is served or at the restaurant or by the pool, do try the pasta, it is breathtaking.
Dinner menu, it is a gastro traditional wised menu, with impressive small touches. The ‘gemista’ which is stuffed peppers (usually served in Greece) and the fruit salad were our favourite ones.
The rooms have a beautiful view to the sea. All white with color details on the head beds or the curtains. Simple and chic.
The location is unique as it is very close to the town but at the same time very far away.
As you saw I have written more things about the service and the people in comparison to the buildings. Because the big difference is there and it will always be. For sure we will be back and we have recommended to all our friends and colleagues.
A big thank you to Maria and all the staff that made our stay just unique.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Did not honor my confirmed reservation:
My friend and I were in Mykonos to celebrate my 40th birthday. We booked our stay at Bill & Coo through AAdvantage Hotel Awards and used 58,000 miles per night plus $185 for a three night stay July 24-26th. We booked 2 nights through my friend’s AA account and the 3rd night through mine. We noted that the reservations should be connected and referenced each other's names. We knew there was a risk that the reservations may not get connected and that the hotel may make us switch rooms. What happened was even worse. When we arrived, we presented our paperwork that confirmed our reservations made in June. They did have a record of my friend’s reservation, booked the same day as mine. The manager advised that she had no record of my reservation for the night of July 25th and the hotel was full. We panicked, but she assured us not to worry and that we'd likely get an upgrade for the night before my birthday. She said she'd get back to us that night – she didn’t. The next day, another employee advised us that we would be moving to their sister property - DeLight Hotel - for our third night and they would move our luggage and cover our transport. We had no say in the matter whatsoever and they offered us nothing to make up for their mismanagement or system glitch. We were very upset because instead of relaxing and enjoying our time there, we had to pack up everything and move mid-stay. We also noticed another family moving rooms mid-stay. When I logged on to the hotel website on 7/24 there were still rooms available at 2000+ euros per night. The manager told me that AAdvantage books their rooms through Expedia and for some reason they didn't get it even though I had my confirmation of reservation. I felt like they were moving guests around to allow guests willing to pay 2000+ euros per night to stay there. DeLight hotel is nice, but it's almost 3 miles from town. We chose Bill & Coo because it's walking distance to downtown. At breakfast at DeLight hotel, we met a guest from Australia who advised that this group of hotels is notorious for moving guests from hotel to hotel at their leisure and tell guests they are being “upgraded.” She gave us two other examples of the guest shuffle. This is terrible customer service to unassuming guests on vacation. As a frequent business traveler, I know that sometimes a hotel chain will move us from one hotel to another down the street upon arrival (which is not okay), but not that disruptive for one night of business. Being forced to move hotels mid-stay during vacation to a secluded area is not acceptable. Since I returned to the U.S., I requested a refund of my 58,000 miles from AAdvantage because Bill & Coo did not honor my reservation. AAdvantage said that they could not refund my miles because Bill & Coo refused to reimburse AAdvantage for the price of the room. Needless to say, I was extremely disappointed at the upheaval and stress this caused on the night before my 40th birthday. Future guest beware – your confirmed reservation made one month in advance may not be honored!

Room/Hotel:
The 1st floor room was spacious and very nice. The bathroom was TINY! We had no room for our toiletries and felt very cramped. The best part about the hotel is the pool area. The view and lounge chairs were amazing.

Restaurant/Bar:
We had lunch and breakfast here. The lunch food was absolutely delicious. The meatballs and the sea bass tartar are must-haves. The drinks were good too. Breakfast was just so-so, but was included in the price for the hotel. Christina at the bar is so nice. We were so stressed out during our stay because of the uncertainty about moving rooms. Then we were even more stressed when we found out we had to pack up and move hotels. She gave us a round of free drinks.

Location:
The hotel is about 10 minutes walking distance to downtown and very convenient. We had no desire to rent a car or ATV, so this was a great option (until they moved us). The staff at the front desk continually reminded us that there were only 30 taxis available on the whole island and their driver gets busy, so they told us to call way in advance for rides if necessary because transport was so scarce. Yet when they said they were moving us 3 miles away to another hotel, the manager went on and on about how it wouldn’t be inconvenient.

Overall, I am very disappointed with the hotel’s failure to honor my reservation. Moving hotels is better than being left out in the street with our luggage, but still not acceptable. If you don’t mind moving hotels at Bill & Coo’s leisure, then you have nothing to worry about. Otherwise, I wouldn’t trust them to honor your reservation. I will also submit a review of DeLight hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
#1 of 26 in Platys Gialos
Mykonos Bay Hotel
Mykonos Bay Hotel
#7 of 82 in Mykonos Town

Been to Bill & Coo Suites and Lounge? Share your experiences!