“Bill & Coo Quite simply exceptional”

Bill & Coo Suites and Lounge
Ranked #4 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Bill & Coo is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. It is obvious from the moment that you arrive that a lot of thought, care and attention has gone into making a guests stay there truly memorable and above all 100% relaxing. The staff at Bill & Coo have all been trained to ensure your every comfort is accommodated and they are genuinely friendly.

We were greeted by a delicious welcome drink whilst our room prepared by the infinity pool/restaurant area. This area is small and intimate and plays "chill out" for you to relax to whilst you soak up the Mykonos sunshine.

We stayed in a deluxe room with a hot tub on the terrace. The rooms are stylish and kept impeccably clean and have all the mod cons of what you'd expect from any hotel. The hot tub is a fantastic place to be to watch the sun go down before you get ready to go out for the night. My only slight criticism is the hair dryer, I would have preferred a real one than the one provided attached the wall- but hey that was the only complaint I had about the room.

The poolside experience is very relaxing, huge sun beds for two with fluffy white towels and pillows for extra comfort. The staff are on hand all of the time to service your needs be it to put the umbrella up, get you water or even the cheeky glass of wine or beer. The pool is beautiful and is lovely and deep. The weather was very nice at the end of June and the cool water was a welcome relief from the sun.

The one thing I want to highlight especially is the food- Bill & Coo have gone to great lengths to ensure that it is good and it really really is! The breakfast is served until a really reasonable hour (Mykonos is a party island and the the late service is needed). The choice you have is great along with a range of teas, coffees and freshly squeezed juices. Be you a health freak or want a fry up- they provide it!

The all day menu again is very very good with a great range of choice. The BLT is devine, the Myconian Greek salad refreshing and the chicken really tasty. We never went hungry. The bar tender is a very skilled cocktail maker and some of his creations are heavenly- try the amelia!

The a la carte menu above all is done with such skill and care that I think would be rivalled in most cities. The amuse bouche were a lovely greek touch, which was followed by the lamb for main- Absolutely Lovely!! Your dining experience is made even perfect more the staffs enthusiasm and description of the food. The recommended wine (greek wine) was very nice!! Not something I ever thought I would say!

The location of Bill & Coo is excellent for Mykonos Town and all of the shops restaurants and bars. I could not have asked for more during my stay- apart from an additional week!! Mykonos is a magical place made even more special by Bill & Coo and I would not hesitate to recommend or stay there again.

Reviewed June 21, 2011

This hotel is everything you woud wish for. We went for a week's holiday at the beginning of June and as soon as we arrived we were given a complimentary drink as we registered. The rooms here are just magical - our room was a junior suite with its own terrace and sunbeds overlooking the sea. The double sunbeds by the infinity pool were so comfortable and the staff were just so professional and catered for our every need. The chef at the hotel is the No1 chef in Greece and he was amazing. The tasting menu was the best ever, so Raymond Blanc should be very well aware of him! There is a short walk to Mykonos town by a paved path and takes approx 7 minutes. A very memorable holiday.

Room Tip: Called the hotel before you leave
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I love Greece! I've been there several times. What makes it special for me is the people. Well, most of the people...

We'd been to Mykonos a few years ago and decided that this time we'd treat ourselves to two weeks off work and stay in an upmarket hotel to completely relax and unwind after a particularly long and hard UK winter.

I'm a member of Club SLH (Small Luxury Hotels of the World) and have stayed in many SLH properties over the years, including some in Greece, and have always had a positive experience. We looked at the options and after much research we chose Bill & Coo - an SLH member hotel.

On arrival at the hotel the receptionist himself made mention of the fact that they had on file that I am a Club SLH member - "great!" I thought, that means we'll get a decent room. We were shown to room 201which turned out to be right next to the kitchens and the bar. I asked him if there was another room, but he wouldn't give me a straight answer. "We're full" he said - but a quick check on the internet showed that they had many rooms for the next 14 nights. Why was he lying to me?

All we wanted to know was - do we unpack our two weeks' worth of stuff now, or do we wait and see if we'll be moved, and effectively live out of a suitcase until they tell us? He was very evasive and unhelpful. Hmm... first impressions, not good. However we decided to make the most of it and wait to see what happened, we're on holiday right? Time to relax and chill out.

We moved our stuff into the room and noticed that the safe didn't lock. I asked the same receptionist to move us to another room with a working safe. "Keep your stuff behind reception," he said. Erm... passports, laptop, money, camera, credit cards, watches... I don't think my insurance company would cover me for that. "No thanks - please move us to another room". It didn't happen - but they did replace the safe! By this point it was really obvious that despite the receptionist's evasiveness, they weren't going to move us.

On our first night in Mykonos, tired after the trip and mildly upset by the afternoon's awkwardness with the receptionist, we had an early night - got back to the hotel around midnight to find the bar music playing- and it could be heard in our room! I phoned - wait for it - reception! and asked them to turn it down. That call was a waste of time.

We were awoken at 6.30am the next day by the kitchen staff setting up for breakfast. 6.30am Greek time is 4.30am UK time! Aaaargggggg!! By now I was ready to fly back home!

I waited until 9.00am and went - you guessed it - to reception to speak to the manager, to explain our issues to him, and get ourselves moved. "The hotel is full" was the reply. "No it's not - I can see from your own reservations system on the internet that you have multiple rooms available for the next 13 nights!" But they still wouldn't move us...!

We clearly weren't happy and regardless of my Club SLH membership, any properly run hotel would move guests in this circumstance.

We eventually contacted our travel agent to sort things out for us. This did the trick and we were moved to another room, away from the kitchens and bar. However it was still within earshot of the incessant, dawn-till-dusk bar music which permeates the property. There is no escape! Who wants to get up after a night's clubbing (ie head already thumping) to eat breakfast with heavy bass music blasted into their eardrums? We mentioned this to management... the same couldn't care less attitude was thrown back in our faces complete with much stage whispering in Greek - I wonder what they were saying?! It didn't seem friendly or professional. Certainly not the sign of a "luxury" hotel.

I pointed out that we were there for 2 weeks, and that to us, "luxury" (remember they brand themselves as a luxury hotel) means getting away from it all - peace and above all QUIET. I could tell that this was a foreign concept to them.

Even in our new room we could hear the 'tsk tsk tsk' of music from the pool - like sitting next to someone on a train listening to an iPod - very annoying, completely distracting and making it impossible to read / sleep / relax.

They did eventually turn it down - after about the 10th complaint - but it slowly crept back up again.

To cut a long story short, the holiday was ruined by the music from the bar, the lack of anywhere to escape from it, the unprofessional attitude and sulky behaviour of the manager and his reception staff, and ... the pièce de résistance - the exploding electricity pylon which shattered glass all over the pool!!! Basil Fawlty eat your heart out.

I could write at length about:
- the excessive prices for food and drink at this hotel (are they using us to pay off their national debt?!)
- the uncomfortable and impractical sun loungers (they're doubles - nice idea - but what if you want to recline and you partner doesn't? What if the only spare spot is next to a complete stranger...??!!)
- the blocked drain (and disgusting smell) in my bathroom that was never fixed
- the lack of attentiveness of the pool / bar staff who wandered aimlessly around never once offering to get guests a drink without having to be asked
- the random and variable turn-down service
- the youth and inexperience of the waiting staff

but I think I've already given a flavour of our disappointing experience at Bill & Coo and won't labour the point.

We're going back to Mykonos in September - we LOVE it and its people - but we've already chosen our hotel and it's not the Bill & Coo. I'm sure they'll be relieved to hear that as much as we are, as they seem to view the resolution of guests' problems as a pain rather than their job.

NB - whilst we were there, a number of guests arrived who'd been moved en masse from another hotel. They were obviously overwhelmed at being upgraded to Bill & Coo judging from their exuberant behaviour and fawning, over-the-top comments in the guest book. I guess Bill & Coo appeals to an undiscerning and easily pleased crowd with low expectations.

Room Tip: All have good views, but that noise...
11  Thank sc_UK
Reviewed June 7, 2011

We were upgraded to the Bill and Coo at no additional charge from the Porto Mykonos (another great place!!). The hotel was beautiful- great water views! The infinity pool area is wonderful, very relaxing area. Our room was great, the spa shower was a welcome luxury after hitting multiple beaches. Each morning we would have breakfast (very yummy, includes fresh squeezed orange juice) in the pool area overlooking the sea. My one regret is we never had a chance to eat dinner at the restaurant hotel, I'm sure it would be great. The hotel staff was helpful in arranging a scooter rental for us. Walking into downtown Mykonos at night from the hotel requires walking along a road for a short distance, a little scary but not too bad. The hotel charges 15 EUR a person for transfer to the port- a little expensive considering it's a 5 minute drive. We chose to walk to the port to catch our ferry. All in all, a great place to be, very relaxing!

Room Tip: The room next to the bar/kitchen is a little noisy
Reviewed June 5, 2011

My partner and i stayed at the Bill & Coo and left just a couple of days aso and the holiday was so amazing felt i had to write a review (something i have never previously done). If anyone has ever written anything negative about this hotel then they are clearly impossible to please as this hotel was pure heaven. We were met by the manager Loukas who showed our gorgeous room and as we walked to it i was blown away by the sheer beauty and elegance of the pool area.

The view was breathtaking and the infinity pool, sublime. The sunbeds were so luxurious it was hard to leave the hotel, which i am glad we did as Mykonos was gorgeous (even though drinks are very expensive it felt like a prestige holiday).

We met only lovely people at the hotel and made some mazing new friends as a result of the ease at the hotel to get to know people in relaxed surroundings.

I have stayed in many many hotels in my time and as far as hotels go this is the best one i have ever stayed at - it is fabulous.

The restaurant is an absolute must and for very fine dining was really very good value indeed and stunning!

Have no doubts about choosing this hotel they can not do enough for you and is very much a holiday for couples so very peaceful and relaxing.

Thank you Bill & Coo for the most amazing holiday.

2  Thank Simon J
Reviewed October 25, 2010

After having a horrible experience at Porto Mykonos, we came across Bill & Coo by chance and switched over during our trip. We wish we had booked it from the beginning. Overall the service is impeccable from the front desk to the pool. For example, as the sun moved during the day, the staff would move your umbrella for you without you having to utter a word and came around with cooling eucalyptus scented towels to freshen up by the pool - perfection is in those details. The restaurant was delicious and staff was top notch there as well. Extremely friendly and prompt. You cannot beat the location for being quiet and exclusive, but in walking distance from the nightlife of Mykonos Town.

There were two snags that should be mentioned -
1. When I spoke to Small Luxury Hotel, they said they had a two bedroom suite available that already had a fold out sofa in the living room, so it would accommodate 5 quite comfortably. We were given the total price and made the reservation. When we got there, we were asked to pay an additional 18% of our total stay for the 5th person. Luckily we weren't staying for terribly long, so it wasn't too much but it would have been nice to know that up front.

2. Decided to have spa treatments on our last day before check out. We misunderstood that they didn't have a spa on property and all treatments were given in-room. We all booked different body scrubs, but ended up getting the same ones. Masseuse said we couldn't charge it to the room. We had to pay cash and she was charging us extra because she threw in longer massages (even though we didn't ask for it and didn't realize it). We didn't want to make an issue of it, so we bit our lip and just paid it. I was quite disappointed in the whole experience, so I noted it on the comment card. When we were waiting to check out, I noticed the GM speaking quite harshly (almost yelling) at the masseuse in Greek. When it came time for me to check out, he told me he read my comment card already and was quite embarrassed by the whole situation. He really handled it gracefully and with a lot of professionalism, giving us a refund for the amount we were overcharged and sending a really nice car and driver to take us to the docks.

Those two snags were a bit of a shame because the rest of the experience was really quite wonderful. When I return to Mykonos, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank StrappySandals
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Bill and Coo is definitely a very chic and trendy place to stay in Mykonos. Most of the staff were very courteous and friendly, always smiling. However, there are one or two that were very stand offish(the ones that worked in the welcoming desk) that gave me the feeling of arrogance. The room was very nice and clean although I did find a couple of long hair strands on the floor, so they were definitely not mine. The infinity pool, the ambience, and the easy walk to town were spot on! Breakfast was also wonderful! Bed was very comfortable! Only negative is the dirt road that leads up to the hotel, definitely not aesthetically pleasing.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
#2 of 82 in Mykonos Town
Kouros Hotel & Suites
Kouros Hotel & Suites
#9 of 82 in Mykonos Town

Been to Bill & Coo Suites and Lounge? Share your experiences!