“Very nice hotel walking distance to town”

Villa Margarita Mykonos
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Villa Margarita is a family running hotel with clean and very large apartments,
has a great view of Mykonos and walking distance to town

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 12, 2011

Me and my wife stayed at Villa Margarita during our 5-day trip to Mykonos island. We reached the family who owns the place at late June as we were struggling to find a Mykonian accommodation to combine view to the sea, to be as much close to the town and meet our holiday (strict) financials. We were very happy to get the above deal with Mrs Margarita through a very welcoming telephone conversation!
The truth is that when we arrived at the accommodation, we knew that this is the place we would like to stay again and again! Clean, traditional and beautifully decorated rooms, but which one was ours? We were amazed to be welcomed to our room which was a supreme studio (No.2) which Mrs Margarita told us had the biggest veranda of all. Actually the room can sleep 4 persons, so being only two we had a space of a VIP! I have also noticed a couple-oriented room called "Petrino" but was told that this was booked very early.
Having settled and already enjoying our first magnificent sunset at the large veranda, we started planning our Mykonian itinerary. Fortunately, Nikos (Mrs Margarita's son) was very kind to help us with great places to go and we offered a free ride to the town with the minibus.
I must say that 5 days were few to see Mykonos for the first time. Our favourite beaches include Paranga, Panormos and Elia. Mykonos town is the most picturesque of all islands we have visited so far and although night life was not our top of the list we enjoyed it as much as we could!
Missing already Mykonos island and the Margarita's family and hoping our financial to permit a visit, why not, next summer!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank PetrosZis
Reviewed August 10, 2011

First of all, please know that Mykonos is not a romantic place whatsoever. It's an island devoted to have every south italian guy partying like hell. It's not a good thing and please don't go to Tropicana regardless of what people say about it. Mykonos has its good things, such as Panormos, a beautiful place, but it's a chaotic island and I didn't find the magic on it. Anyway I did find the magic in Villa Margarita.

Don't mind if they give you breakfast: you won't need it because you will be partying or coming back from the party (or maybe sleeping the hangover). Anyway I asked for a coffee and Nikos and his family (owners of Villa Margarita complex) prepared it for me.

Don't mind if it's not in the downtown: IT'S BETTER FOR YOU. So crowded, so noisy, so smelly at night. At day it gets better, but you'll only think about finding the next not-only-for-dicks (both ways) party. Villa Margarita is quiet the contrary. Thumbs up.

Don't mind if it's dark. It's Mykonos. It's not a fully equiped island if I may say it that way. Anyway in this island they don't care either.

But mind about this: they care about you; the rooms are big and not so hot; if you have trouble, the owners try to help you out; they come to pick you at the airport regardless of the time you're arriving; they even take you to the airport back home. I could go on telling you good things about Nikos and the people from Villa Margarita, but if you know that Mykonos is only a place to party and to not give a heck about anything, I suggest you to come here.

By the way, the place is quieter than you'd expect, and that thing in Mykonos is PURE HEAVEN.

Please, wear a helmet if you drive a motorbike here.

To sum up: Mykonos is chaos. Villa Margarita is a wonderful exception here. Great place, great people. If you want to party: book your trip to Mykonos, but don't come if you have not booked first Villa Margarita.

2  Thank malfendi
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Villa Margarita is a great place to stay! Clean rooms, a nice view and low prices are some of the reasons I recommend staying there. But the biggest advantage were the hosts - very friendly people, who answered our every question - best restaurants, best beaches, best clubs! Thanks guys!

2  Thank Giorgos_Kap
Reviewed July 15, 2011

My friends and I stayed here for 5 days and it was wonderful. The family was very accommodating and the rooms were very clean. The owner was very hepful in directing us to the best beaches and hot spots for island life. They picked us up from the port which was very helpful. We'd stay here again if we had the chance to come back. Very reasonable rates for a Mykonos accommodation.

2  Thank jpond1122
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I stayed in Villa Margarita last week after a friend's recommendation and i must admit it was a great value for our money. The owners were very helpful and welcomed us in a very nice way. They even came to pick us up from the airport which i found extremely nice.. Our room was pretty decent with beautiful traditional blue and white colors and magnificent view to the sea.. However one issue was the fact that it was a long walk to the town and as we don't drive that was slightly annoying as we had to take a taxi. The taxi drivers though were not very keen in driving for such a short distance.. despite that i would definitely recommend villa Magarita to my friends and also i will definitely stay there again on my next visit in Mykonos (which i hope to be soon)

1  Thank Maria_Otz
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Me and two if my friend have decided to visit Mykonos island for our vacation and we thought that villa margarita was a good place for us to stay as we didn't want to spend a lot of money. When we went there we realized that the room was too small and they didn't provide us breakfast. Not to mention that tha access to the down town of Mykonos was really unpleasant! The place was really dark and the didnt have any kind of security! In our last night in villa margarita, my two friends and I have decided to go for a walk and when we came back to our room our suitcases and bags were STOLEN! Only our bitzamas were there!! What can I say? We were paying for this room not only for us to have a place to stay but also for us to be secured!! I absolutely DO NOT recommend Villa Margarita!!

• Stayed: June 2011