“Hospitality at Its Best”
Review of Damianos Hotel

Damianos Hotel
Ranked #11 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Perth, Australia
“Hospitality at Its Best”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stayed four nights at Damianos Mykonos in late September 2013, half way through a multi-country trip from Australia. I was on my own but enjoyed every day in Mykonos which surprised me with it's gentle ambience, it was off-season, and I'd just been at "edgy" Santorini. The hotel was about to close for winter in three weeks, but despite that I experienced warm and personal hospitality and attention to my needs, along with a really nice room, well equipped, spotlessly clean, comfy and quiet, and a generous breakfast buffet every morning. It was also good to be able to enjoy a cold beer after walking back up the hill after dinner in the town.
There was a pleasant mix of friendly travellers in the hotel, which is small and intimate, modern and tasteful, and I much appreciated the free pick-up from the ferry harbour on arrival, and transfer to the airport on departure. Great value and highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms with sea view or partial sea view may be available but don't worry if you can't book o...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank John E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We had an amzaing time at Damianos! The service was absolutely amazing! The owner collected us from the ferry which was really nice. The hotel itself was a short walk from the town and had amazing views.

We will definately be returning to Damianos!

1 Thank ashleighe2014
Reviewed February 12, 2014

A few minute walk into Mykonos Town, Damianos Hotel is a perfect spot to enjoy this Greece Island. We were on a 2 month backpacking trip and Damianos was one of the best value places we stayed on the whole trip. Clean rooms, great pool, great staff, everything was perfect on our stay. I highly recommend Damianos if you come to Mykonos.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WiCane
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We only stayed for a couple of nights at the beginning of our trip to the Greek islands but enjoyed it so much that we have booked to stay again this year but for longer and will be joined by our friends who are also staying based on our experience.
The hotel has lovely views overlooking Mykonos and the hotel provides a very friendly, relaxing and welcoming place to stay.
Looking forward to June 2014!

2 Thank SDavies0406
Paris, France
Reviewed February 12, 2014

It was our second time in this hotel. The owners are still very carefull and provide all attention you need, for real ! For example, one evening my friend and I decided to have a glass of white wine in the hotel for the sunset ( incredible sunset view by the way). We found that the wine was really not good; actually it did not taste anything at all. We informed the barmaid that the wine was not good and that the hotel should not serve that wine anymore. 30 minutes later , when the lady owner came back in the hotel, she ordered the barmaid to let give us another wine- wich one was good! Then the lady owner came to us and offered us the entire bottle saying " this is your holidays, I just want you to enjoy it ; take this botttle, it is offered ; you can bring it in your room with the 2 glasses". Amazing ! I think there is nothing more to add , for the good price (when you book early) it is difficult to find an hotel like that in Mykonos town !

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lolofabri
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Had a fantastic stay at the Damianos and would most definitely stay again if I return to Mykonos. Set on a hill overlooking the ocean, the Damianos offers clean and comfortable accommodation and excellent customer service. The pool is very relaxing and one could sit there all day whilst enjoying a beer from the in-house bar. The breakfast was fresh and although we did not eat dinner at the hotel, we had lunch and it was excellent. Whilst some may view the hill as off-putting (as it is quite steep) I personally appreciated it, as after a day of eating and drinking it's ideal for walking it off!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank AbbyWareing
Porto, Portugal
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I have nothing to say but the best about Damianos Hotel.
When We arrived at the Airport the owner was wating for us, with free transfer from the airport to the Hotel. The Hotel is located in the hill, 10 min away (on foot) from the port, and has an amazing view of the bay. The service standard is fully comparable with a 5 star hotel, with no doubt. I am used to stay in Excellent Hotels (5 stars) and I had the best experience in my life when I stayed in Damianos. The staff is superb and they will do their best to attend every desire you might have. The rooms are very nice, without being pretentious... the bathrooms are beautiful. In the morning you can taste a very nice brakfast while you enjoy the ocean view in the terrace.
Also, the owner will be pleased to give you the most precious tips about places to visit, about the best beaches, best restaurants, and so on.
I have the best memories of my stay in mykonos and I am looking forward to return to Damianos the sooner as possible.

Room Tip: There is no need to choose rooms... The staff will do their best to give you the best accomodations.