I have only positive things to say about my experience of this hotel. From the moment I arrived at Hotel Zorzis, I loved it; Mia and Jonathon run a relaxed and friendly hotel that I would recommend in a heart beat. A couple quick anecdotes:
1) Shortly after I arrived, I wanted to go for a walk. As I was leaving, Mia stopped me and said, "Oh no, you can't go out like that, it's too cold." When I replied that I hadn't packed appropriately and needed to buy a jacket, she walked me to a store where I was given a 33% discount off the sticker price of a coat.
2) When I returned after my walk, Jonathon asked if I was hungry. When I said yes, he said, "OK, let's go eat." He then took me to one of the many Gyro-type shops in Mykonos Town but said - skip the sandwiches, those are just for the tourists. This woman makes great Greek food, fresh and different everyday - just like Mom. And he was right, the food was great ...and cheap ;-)
The Art Deco decor in the rooms is well thought out and really beautiful (there is also some really neat art in the hallways). I have only seen one room, of course, but Jonathon doesn't seem like the kind of guy who does anything halfway. I'm sure they're all equally well appointed, especially the bathrooms - how cool!
In general, one of the more impressive aspects of the hotel is that I left knowing the names of the owners. We had several conversations, they made great recommendations, and went out of their way to make sure that I got as much out of my trip as I could.
Book now ;-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming 16th century stone building situated in the heart of historic Mykonos town that has been family-run ever since it first opened. It's located on a peaceful side alley in the heart of historic Mykonos town - close to all the attractions such as various museums, restaurants, bars and boutiques but peaceful and quiet at the same time. Each one of our 10 bedrooms is unique and designed and decorated to the highest of standards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Reservation Counter and Travelocity so you can book your Zorzis Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zorzis Hotel Mykonos Town
- Zorzis Hotel Mykonos, Greece