“This hotel is awesome” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 62 Mykonos Town B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“This hotel is awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2011

I have only positive things to say about my experience of this hotel. From the moment I arrived at Hotel Zorzis, I loved it; Mia and Jonathon run a relaxed and friendly hotel that I would recommend in a heart beat. A couple quick anecdotes:

1) Shortly after I arrived, I wanted to go for a walk. As I was leaving, Mia stopped me and said, "Oh no, you can't go out like that, it's too cold." When I replied that I hadn't packed appropriately and needed to buy a jacket, she walked me to a store where I was given a 33% discount off the sticker price of a coat.

2) When I returned after my walk, Jonathon asked if I was hungry. When I said yes, he said, "OK, let's go eat." He then took me to one of the many Gyro-type shops in Mykonos Town but said - skip the sandwiches, those are just for the tourists. This woman makes great Greek food, fresh and different everyday - just like Mom. And he was right, the food was great ...and cheap ;-)

The Art Deco decor in the rooms is well thought out and really beautiful (there is also some really neat art in the hallways). I have only seen one room, of course, but Jonathon doesn't seem like the kind of guy who does anything halfway. I'm sure they're all equally well appointed, especially the bathrooms - how cool!

In general, one of the more impressive aspects of the hotel is that I left knowing the names of the owners. We had several conversations, they made great recommendations, and went out of their way to make sure that I got as much out of my trip as I could.

Book now ;-)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Greek first
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2011

The small Zorzis Hotel is centrally located in Mykonos Town, two minutes from the harbor. Mykonos is delightfully sleepy at this time of year and Jonathan, the owner, and Christina, the manager, could not have been more accommodating for my daughter and myself. Our room was very clean and had a small balcony perfect for reading and relaxing after a day of wandering. Jonathan provided a number of tips on restaurant and transportation options and Christina was always available for questions. This was a perfect choice for our three days.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2010

We asked about getting a ride from the port to Zorzis and then on check out from Zorzis to the airport (since we have a toddler connections can be a bit difficult) but we were told such a service wasn't available because the rooms are in the middle of a pedestrian area. In fact the taxi square is very close by and so Zorzis could in fact offer rides (most other accomodation in Mykonos will offer you a ride). From reading other reviews I now see that other guests were in fact offered a ride from the port so maybe they treat some customers differently!! Rooms are tiny and hot... no window, air conditioner is so noisy, music playing in the hotel all day is not relaxing, "complimentary" breakfast (built into the room price) is not as good as other "complimentary" breakfasts in Mykonos and the Cyclades. Have stayed much better.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sally2_10
Angoulême
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2010

We didn't know where to stay when we arrived but I can say that we spent a wonderful time in this Hotel. Rooms are great, and this hotel is very central in a calm and very nice street, close to the hermes shop, a great gallery and nearly in front of the fresh hotel.We appreciate also the breakfasts tooken in the patio, nice and peaceful after the crazy nightlife it's really appreciable.
We've been very well welcome by the employees and the manager who made us feel as comfortable as possible.
Next time we go to Mykonos will already know where we gonna stay...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Augsburg, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2010

While strolling past Zorzis on what was probably our fifth or sixth trip to Mykonos, my wife and I were handed a brochure and business card by its owner, who briefly spoke with us and suggested that we give his place a try when we visit the island again. We hung on to the contact info and on our 10th trip to the island in July 2009, decided to take an accommodation in town and gave Zorzis a try. The arrangements were made without problem via e-mails and a phone call or two.

Zorzis is a charming, quaint house that is as close to a bed-and-breakfast as the owner chooses to make it. During the first few nights of our visit, we were offered a room upgrade, but were no less happy with our charming booked room at the end of our stay. It is a peaceful and comfortable sanctuary in an otherwise busy and sound-filled town.

The owner, Jonathan V., is an interesting story, whose English is a hybrid of American and Australian dialects. The staff, and in particular, the very friendly, energetic and conscientious woman, and apparently “second-in-command”, was very helpful, which made our stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Leeds
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2010

We flew into Mykonos whilst we were island hopping in the Cyclades for 2 weeks and stayed at the Zorzis for 3 nights in total, 1 night at the start of the holiday and 2 at the end. We met Jonathan, the hotel owner, in the port at Mykonos when we were hoping to pick up a tour boat to Naxos. As the tour boat didn’t materialise we decided to stay in Mykonos overnight and when Jonathan offered us accommodation for 50 euros a night we thought it was an excellent price for Mykonos. We were given a room on the top floor of the hotel at the back and were very impressed. The room, which slept 3 people, was large and spacious with a large fridge, nice views and the best shower I have used in Greece – a power shower in its own shower cubicle with fluffy soft bath towels. Continental breakfast consisting of bread, cheese, 3 croissants, jam, honey, tea or coffee was available for an extra 5 euros. We were very impressed with the Zorzis which is centrally situated in Mykonos, only a short walk from the harbour, shops and restaurants. Because our room was at the back it was nice and quiet and we had an excellent night’s sleep.

On our return to Mykonos 11 days later we saw Jonathan at the port and asked if he’d got a room at the back of the hotel available for the same price. This time we were given room 4 which was quite a contrast to our first room. The room was beautifully furnished but quite small and only had a small window which looked out into the kitchen/lobby area of the hotel. This meant it was quite dark and to be honest I felt a bit claustrophobic in the room and paid an extra 5 euros per night for the air-conditioning. If we’d been given this room on our first night I doubt that we would have returned. However on the plus side it was lovely to have the power shower again and although the bathroom was small it was adequate for a 2 night stay and much better than many of the bathrooms I’ve had in Greece where the water comes out at a trickle and you have to shower whilst holding the shower head with your other hand! The garden area is available for sitting out in so if you only want the room for sleeping in it was fine and I spent a couple of hours sitting in the garden reading my book. For the price we paid at that time of year we couldn’t really complain and the room was adequate for a 2 night stay. I would stay at the Zorzis again – depending which room was available though we have no plans to return to Mykonos in the near future. This was my second visit to the island and IMHO there are other islands to visit which are much better value for money than Mykonos which is expensive and touristy, though ok to visit for a couple of days.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Lancashire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2010

On arrival at Mykonos port from Raphina we were entised to look at different lodgings by eager hoteliers from behind a barrier.
Standing back we spotted Jonathan (owner) who stood out and calmly asked us to visit his accomodation with no obligation. He took us to Zorzis and we were not misled, all was as he described.
Clean with all required amenities, compact yet practical.
"Different" friendly attitude from all staff, enjoyed our stay.
On departure day we left luggage and used shower room to ready selves for onward journey.
Steve & Julie