Hotel Tagoo
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Philippi Hotel(Mykonos Town)(Great Value!)
$59
Leto Hotel(Mykonos Town)(Great Value!)
$286
$154
  • Breakfast included
Harmony Boutique Hotel(Mykonos Town)(Great Value!)
$219
$175
Porto Mykonos Hotel(Mykonos Town)(Great Value!)
$154
$136
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Mykonos View Hotel(Mykonos Town)(Great Value!)
$320
$238
Hotels.com
A Hotel Mykonos(Mykonos Town)(Great Value!)
$138
$121
Agoda.com
Poseidon Hotel - Suites(Mykonos Town)(Great Value!)
$156
$150
Galini Hotel(Mykonos Town)(Great Value!)
$59
$55
Travelocity
Absolut Mykonos Suites & More(Mykonos Town)(Great Value!)
$346
$327
Hotel Mykonos Beach(Mykonos Town)(Great Value!)
$287
Travelocity
1,290 results
All reviewsgreek nightgreek dancingher husbandwelcome meetingmama tagooother gueststagoo familytzatzikipool barrepeat visitorsrecommend hotelhome away from homespinach piepiesgreek islandsour honeymoonrestaurant recommendations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 2, 2009

We just got back from our Honeymoon at Hotel Tagoo and I'm already planning my trip back for next year. This is not just a hotel, it is an experience!

Anna (aka Mama Tagoo) is simply an angel. She greeted us as we arrived with open arms and gave us shots of Greek Ouzo to welcome us. Every night she has a welcome meeting for new guests to familarize you to the island and share where other guests have had wonderful meals and experiences. These are only sugestions but let me tell you, everyone of them was a great one, especially the less crowded beaches. She is also there every morning at breakfast (which is simple but FREE btw) to help answer any questions or set up rentals if you wish. This is 5 star service in my book.

The Pool Area is the highlight of the hotel...The views are amazing and is a great place to relax with a book and get some sun. They also have a pool Bar, run by Jimmy...He is a riot! We had such a great time talking to him and drinking with him. They have a range of drinks and also have some food such as Greek Salads and pizza. My favorite thing to do was grab a white russian and sit at the bar and watch the sunset each night.

The room are very simple....Hello its a 2 star hotel people...but very clean. They have A/C which we only had to use once, plenty of hot water, and are extremely clean. We also had a small fridge to put water and snacks in.

Anna creates an atmosphere where you get to know other guests very well. It was so nice to go to breakfast or to go up to the pool and people not only said hello to me, but knew my name. We made friends here that I know I will know for life and already are my facebook friends. If you are the kind of person that wants to be left alone and hide in a corner, this hotel is not for you. But if you want to be part of the family and treated like a person and not a customer...this IS the hotel for you. She has guests that come back every year and even a few times a year. I think that is amazing.

If anyone would like to know more, email me at josepholsonca@hotmail.com. I am willing to share more pictures and answer any questions you might have.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JoeyJoJoVA
Reviewed October 1, 2009

We stayed at this hotel last year. As usual we read all the reviews for the hotel before we booked as we have always found reviews very reliable and agreed in the past.
Hotel location is good.
.The bad bits...Anna is sooo friendly that it is very difficult to leave or enter the hotel without telling her where you are going or where you have been. Some people clearly like this but we prefer to come and go as we please and following our plans.Very stressful experience.Room was basic nothing special and the breakfast were terrible.Not even a fresh orange juice. Not what you would expect in this kind of hotel.We would not stay at this hotel again

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
9  Thank SabinaAthens
Reviewed September 30, 2009

I spent a week at the Hotel Tagoo in July with my sister and have since recommended the hotel to my flatmates (a couple) and my boyfriend who went with a group of friends.

If you're looking for a 4 star hotel you might be disappointed - though for the price Tagoo offers incredible value and provides everything you need for a comfortable stay in Mykonos and more. Although the decor is tired, the rooms are spotless, the airconditioning works, there's no lack of hot water and the fridge is a nice added touch. What's more the staff are lovely!!

Hotel Tagoo is perfect oasis of calm a short walk away from town. The bar and swimming pool are probably the best spots on the island for sundowners and Anna (Mama Tagoo) is one of the kindest and most caring people you will ever meet - she is always on hand for advice and assistance. While the pool bar is certainly a good place to meet fellow hotel guests, the hotel staff are respectful of people who would like privacy. All in all the perfect place for a Greek escape and I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2009

I stayed for a week at Hotel Tagoo and can honestly say it was amazing. The pool was simply stunning, overlooking an amazing view -- it is rare that a hotel looks better in real life than in its web photos but that really is the case here. And it is great value for money -- breakfast, airport transfers, porter for bags, free drink on the first night, all included at a budget price! Above all, it was the friendliest hotel I have ever stayed in (and I travel alot) -- with an evening briefing on what to do, where to eat and what to visit --Anna and her team really went out of their way to make us feel at home (and even produced a surprise birthday cake for us). We had a fantastic time and left hoping to visit again! An unforgettable holiday for all the right reasons! Heather Jones, Dublin, Ireland

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2009

I traveled to Tagoo by myself having read the reviews on Trip Advisor. I was THRILLED with my stay. While everyone has a different idea about what great means, I always try to keep my expectations low. In this case my expectations were completely met and surpassed.

Being alone, I wanted to meet people and feel not so alone. I met wonderful people staying at Tagoo, who I still keep in touch with. Anna creates a space where people feel comfortable, and free to relax.

Upon arrival I was shown to a spacious and clean room with a spectacular view of the ocean. This is not a five star hotel, and if that is what you are seeking then this is not the place for you. But it is a great room in a great location, with a staff who makes the place feel special and magical.

Jimmy and Anna made me feel like a guest in someone's home...in only the best of ways! They were kind and helpful and made me feel safe and welcome. Anna gave me great tips on places to eat, and even offered to make reservations for me. She was truly a great and hospitable hostess in this lovely family run establishment. The pool bar had a great selection and good snacks. Jimmy was funny and sweet!

In all my travels in Greece the view from Tagoo afforded me the best sunsets I have ever seen. It was an easy 10 minute walk to town.

I have traveled all over the world, and this was truly one of the best experiences I have ever had. Not only would I go back in a heart beat, but I am already planning the trip for early next year!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo