“Two Thumbs Up !”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Tagoo
Ranked #3 of 83 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Reviewed May 12, 2009

My husband and I spent a week at Hotel Tagoo at the beginning of the season 2009. Our expectations were somewhat high, as we had read other reviews on this website. We weren't disappointed, to say the least !

Service : flawless. Anna, the owner, has a ton of great tips regarding restaurants, good spots on the island, rentals, transportation... You name it ! The rest of the staff is caring, helpful and friendly. After a few days, they make you feel like you're a part of the family, without being pushy or nosy. A balance rarely achieved !

Rooms : clean and spacious, with simple decoration. If available, ask for a room with a balcony. The view is definitely worth the extra €.

Location : ideal. 10 minutes walk from downtown.

Plus(es) : gorgeous pool terrace with good, low key music selection, gifted bartender, human size of the hotel, general authentic feel of the place... All this at budget prices.

Minus(es) : breakfast is simple and good, but could be improved.

We would definitely recommend Hotel Tagoo to anyone thinking about staying in beautiful Mykonos !

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank princessede
Write a ReviewReviews (1,288)

Reviewed May 10, 2009

My wife and I had a great time at Hotel Tagoo. We stayed for 2 nights in Mykonos -- checking in on May 1 when the hotel opened up for the season. First of all, let me say that the service exceeded all expectations for a budget hotel (and they were high as I had read these reviews on TripAdvisor prior to booking).

Anna warned me a couple days beforehand that she expected a strike when we were coming in via the ferry on May 1. At the Rome Airport, I checked with the ferry company before leaving -- something I normally would not have done -- and found out that instead of 18:00, the ferry would not move until 0:01 the next day due to the strike. This allowed me to change to a flight at the last minute and avoid arrival in Mykonos at 4:30. Upon arrival, she also provided us with information about the island, restaurants favored by guests, and tips that saved us money in the long run. (By the way, Yannis did get out of bed and pick up the travelers who were stuck on the 4:30 arrival boat -- what service!)

The view from our room was nice. Don't expect 5-star linens -- this is a budget hotel --but the service and location (15 minute walk to town -- far enough away from the noise but close enough to walk) were fantastic.

I stay at hotels all the time for work -- and service is what sets this place apart. Anna treats you like family, and I will be sure to book here again when we decide to make the journey back to Mykonos. Thanks to the whole staff -- Anna, Yannis, Tony, Jimmy -- for making it a memorable vacation.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ryasuda
Reviewed May 10, 2009

I just got back from a 14 day trip to greece. The hotel Tagoo was the most wonderful place i stayed on my trip. The hotel has amazing views, extremely clean, spacious rooms, great breakfast, beautiful pool. I was so happy when I got to the hotel and saw how beautiful it was I was extremely happy. The hotel is more wonderful that ypou could ever imagine from the website or any reviews. Hands down I would stay there again in a second. The owner Anna and her husband are very nice and pick you up at the port and deliver you to the hotel in style. They also have a greek night for guests that was super fun

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Trvlbug123
Reviewed April 17, 2009

The hotel is just below average as the room is a bit worn down and there are many other good options in the island. Price itself is comparative but you get what you pay for. Owner is controlling and they like you to follow her agenda. I prefer a more relaxing stay and I won't choose this hotel again. Breakfast is not good either and the pool is just below average compare to Greek standard.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
7  Thank bari_ttc
Reviewed March 29, 2009

Anna, Yannis, and Jimmy who made the best drinks and the best talk. After being picked up at the Ferry by friendly Yannis we were greeted by Anna with some ouzo and information about everything you need to know about the Island. Beautiful pool and bar, rooms were immaculate with really nice views. We felt as if we could stay for ever, they were so friendly. Some day when we are lucky enough to return to Mykonos we will only stay at the Hotel Tagoo. Cheers, Mike and Heather Wilson, North Vancouver, Canada

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Poogietu
Reviewed March 10, 2009

As i had the privilege to stay in Hotel Tagoo for one month while i was working on Mykonos as a representative and a guide for a well known slovenian travel agency, i can honestly say this is one of the top hotels i've ever been to in my long tourism career. The location, staff, atmosphere, service... everything is excellent! Read reviews from other people and you will know what i'm talking about! Big thanks to Anna: without her and her beautiful family it just wouldn't be the same! Believe me: Go for hotel Tagoo!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank Katarina M
Reviewed January 14, 2009

Great service from the second you step off the boat. They pick you up from the port and drop you off. Our first night they had a welcome celebration and gave eveyone Greek shots, and Ouzo, and Greek Appitizers....then they taught us all some Greek dances around the roof-top pool.
We were given lots of advise on where to go, how to get places, and where the best food was. They would help you out with anything and are constantly making sure you are having a good time.
The view was beautiful
Nice clean room
Clean pool
Very nice and unique property
Great bartender and service - He'll even meet up with ya later at the bars if you ask him to take you around to the best spots.
The rooms are pretty private bacause there's only about 3 rooms in each section...and the resort is built up a cliff so it has different levels.
The breakfast each morning was so nice...it was a good way to meet people and find out what everyone was going to do for the day....and then at night everyone would meet up at the pool bar for drinks, and then walk down the hill to the clubs for some more fun.
I'd recommend the resort to people of all ages. There were young couples, old couples, singles, teenagers, famlies, honeymooners....and everyone seemed to be having an amazing time.
We loved it so much that we stayed an extra night...and they were so accomodating....our room was booked up, but they made a few changes and were able to keep us in our original room.

Anyone that loves the sun, friendly people, endless adventures, new experiences, comfort and cleanliness would love this resort.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
11  Thank Tanya A
#5 of 83 in Mykonos Town
Mykonos Bay Hotel
Mykonos Bay Hotel
#7 of 83 in Mykonos Town

Been to Hotel Tagoo? Share your experiences!