“Finally leaving a review for an AMAZING stay!”
Review of Hotel Tagoo

Hotel Tagoo
Ranked #3 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed here this past summer and I have been meaning to leave a review since then! Staying at Hotel Tagoo was a fabulous experience. The rooms are immaculately clean. The pool has a spectacular view of the ocean and delicious, quality mixed drinks. The bartender was very nice and the atmosphere that Anna creates encourages all those staying at the hotel to socialize with the other guests. Because of this, we made quite a few friends at the hotel that invited us out to events on the island. They also have parties around the pool very often that include Greek dancing and hospitality. There is breakfast and internet access in the lobby. The location is a short walk (maybe 15 minutes) from the center of town, and also a very affordable taxi ride if you are not in the mood to walk. The walk is enjoyable so we would usually walk on the way into town and cab back at night if we were tired. Still, we did the walk at night as well and it felt very safe (we were two female friends traveling alone), so if you wanted to walk back that would not be an issue. This is not a five star hotel, but it is an amazing value that does not feel "value-like" at all! The building of the hotel itself is very beautiful and authentic/quality, and the rooms are comfortable and clean... basic but everything we needed or wanted. The natural beauty of the place and excellent service made it a perfect getaway.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank erazsicxela
Write a ReviewReviews (1,287)

Reviewed April 5, 2013

John and I came here last year and had such a wonderful time that I have decided to come back to live! Needless to say that I am staying with Anna and Yani in their studios again. The unique thing about the studios is that while you can self cater, you have access to all the facilities of the hotel, including a pool and bar area that are to die for. And what is more the bar food is superb. All the ingredients come from their own farm so this is the best of home cooking. You could spend a lot more money in Mykonos and yes you will find high end luxury hotels here. But if you are interested in having the best holiday you can I suggest you don't waste your money. Come here!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Johnny W
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My family and I went to Greece planning to stay in Santorini in luxury and do Mykonos on a budget. At first when we arrived at Hotel Tagoo we were struck by the contrast in comfort. Thereafter, with the thanks of Anna we became charmed. The rooms themselves are simple but are extremely clean and have everything one would need including storage space (we stayed 7 nights). The pool has a view and always a breeze. The bar by the pool is staffed with great people and everyone aims to please. Snacks by the pool were also good.
As for location, we liked being able to easily walk into Mykonos Town but sleep outside of the noise of downtown. Regardless, Mykonos Town is charming and has restaurants galore and Anna the owner of Hotel Tagoo has great recommendations for all budgets. Moreover, Anna steered us each day to different beaches and arranged seating and meals. It was just fantastic. We speak of visiting again and I am sure we will. I'm sorry I took so long to submit this review. It is no reflection on a great place that is a reflection of a true commitment by management to have guests really enjoy their visit.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Brookner1
Reviewed March 19, 2013

As a Greek-Canadian, I have travelled to Greece many many times. Never have I ever experienced such great service and hospitality as I did at Hotel Tagoo. Anna and her family really put in an effort to ensure that you will have a memorable experience. I honestly felt like I was staying with my own family. I will never even consider staying anywhere else. The pool and view were breathtaking and we always looked forward to having a drink with Anna's brother at the bar;). I hope to visit again next summer, I just hope they aren't fully booked already!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gina D
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We just checked out after a two day stay and highly recommend this hotel! The location is a short walk up the hill from the town center and has gorgeous views of the ocean from the pool area. The rooms are clean and comfortable, but the staff is really what this sets this hotel apart. Anna is an amazing host and goes above and beyond to make your stay terrific. Hotel Tagoo is not a luxury accommodation, but is tremendous value for the price

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank phillip_stjames
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We vowed never to consistently return to the same hotel and destination each year but the lure of all Hotel Tagoo offers seduces us every time! This boutique hotel is a feast for the senses...from the majestic position overlooking the blue Aegean sea .....to the beauty of the classical whitewashed walls and blue shutters with the taverna styled bar and sparkling pool...to the fabulous music ......wonderful greek salads and breakfasts......and generous hospitality of Anna, Iannos, Jimmy and the team.

As we stayed in August we chose to stay in the room with a view from 2 verandahs as well as a beautiful breeze.....room 105 I think it was. The room was bright and immaculately clean with everything we needed including a flat screen TV.

We loved our stay in Mykonos and Hotel Tagoo delivered as always!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AussieBrit105
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Hotel Tagoo is the best place to stay in Mykonos by far! Anna, her husband and all the staff make you feel like family and do everything in their power to ensure you really enjoy your stay. The rooms are comfortable and have a great view. The pool is fantastic and also boasts great views. The breakfast is very tasty and has a good selection. The bar by the pool has great food and service too. Anna has a little get together when you arrive and tells you all about Mykonos and will help you do anything you haven't already set up. They even do a traditional dance and invite everyone to join in. This place is like a low key party all the time and we met lots of other fun people. They picked us up from the dock and dropped us off and made us feel like family. I highly recommend hotel tagoo!!! We loved it and would stay there if I returned to Mykonos for sure!

• Stayed: May 2012
#19 of 82 in Mykonos Town
Mykonos Bay Hotel
Mykonos Bay Hotel
#7 of 82 in Mykonos Town

Been to Hotel Tagoo? Share your experiences!