“Amazing experience. You'll enjoy it!”
Review of Hotel Tagoo

Hotel Tagoo
Ranked #3 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Amazing experience. You'll enjoy it!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Ana and Gianni will make your stay an unforgettable one. Great location close to downtown. Amazing sunset views. Very dedicated personalized service. If I return to Mykonos I will for sure return here. All the positive reviews are true. Nothing that I could add would be enought. Go here!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank rodarg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I had the BEST time in Mykonos because of this hotel! The manager, Anna, was so amazing. My husband and I felt like we were staying in her home. She made sure all the guest were introduced to each other and went over the do's and don't's on the island. She made dinner reservations for us and her recommendations were wonderful. The rooms were nice and I forgot that the it is only a 2 star hotel. My husband can be a hotel snob at times but even he didn't complain. When we were in Athens and Santorini the beds were VERY hard. The bed in our room was nice and soft. The bathrooms were very clean as well as the entire property. I would not stay anywhere else on the island. Anna and her staff were the BEST!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 17 if I am not mistakened. It was a great room and great location.
1 Thank LUVG
San Diego, California
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Warm welcome, wonderful hospitality, informative tips from Anna, perfect breakfast...bit of a walk into town but not difficult if you are game...highly recommend. Views are beyond fantastic, very clean. Found a massage person to come to room after jet lag, well worth it. Up on the hill, so be prepared to walk into town, which was not difficult at all for my cousin and myself.

Room Tip: Must walk to restaurants down in town, or take a taxi for nightlife
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank KerBro
Vanouver BC
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I am STILL re-living my stay at this Hotel !!! Maybe I'm Delusional, but I CAN'T seem to get those Magical moments and views out of my head !!! If you Don't stay at this Hotel, them DON'T bother visiting Mykonos. PERIOD! It is all that, and Bag of Chips, with Slasa dip thrown in too !!!
BRAVO ANNA & STAFF !!!

Room Tip: Stay in the BEST Suite available !!! ALL the rooms are Heaven, bujt those Expensive suites.... I'...
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I have been to Mykonos several times, but never have I experienced the friendliness, warmth and hospitality that is Hotel Tagoo. From the moment my friend and I walked into the reception and Roulie handed us a list of all the recommended restaurants to go eat in Mykonos, I knew this place was special. Super super clean, great pool and bar with an amazing view of the ocean, and unbelievably amazing staff, Hotel Tagoo is an excellent choice for anyone visiting Mykonos island. Anna is unbelievably generous, kind and friendly and is always concerned for the well-being and happiness of her guests. She always had great suggestions of what to do and where to go on the island, that we always followed her suggestions and were never disappointed. The only recommendation I could make...is to consider renting a scooter or a car, as it may be easier to get to the beaches that way as it is a 5-10 minute walk up from Little Venice/the Old Port and not very close to the bus station (which leads you to the beaches). Other than my one recommendation, I think that everything else was perfect I look forward to returning to Hotel Tagoo very soon!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
New York City
Reviewed August 23, 2012

There is a reason why Tagoo is rated #1 on Trip Advisor, and there is a reason why almost every reviewer mentions Anna. I will try to explain.

Warmth, kindness, and GENUINE concern for your happiness & well being are evident in each & every single person working at Tagoo, and are most personified in the thoughtful, attentive, super-accommodating and gracious, Anna. In all our travels, no one person has made such a difference to a place we've stayed as she has. Anna's, and the entire staff's, wonderful energy infuse Tagoo with a feeling that makes your stay a joy and makes you want to come right back. You cannot put a price on that.

When I read the very few reviews that say otherwise, I can only imagine what type of person could possibly see Anna and the staff in any other sort of light... and I don't think that those are the kind of people I would get along with. We arrived 2 days after the negative reviewer of 8/2/12 had left, and some of the staff were still talking about the young, rude guests that had made the other guests uncomfortable with their antics and so were asked to leave. Unfortunately Trip Advisor can sometimes be used as a tool for retaliation. Too bad.

As for the hotel itself, it was far nicer than its 2 stars would suggest, and certainly much nicer than some 3 star hotels we've stayed in. However there are certain amenities - having a restaurant, conference rooms, nearness to city center, etc. - that allow other hotels to achieve higher star ratings which Tagoo cannot physically compete with, and hence limits it to a 2 star status. But anyone who has traveled will see that this hotel is way beyond that, just look at the traveler photos. And for those reviewers who mentioned a lack of "fresh-squeezed" orange juice? Oh Puh-Leeze!! Did you happen to notice how ridiculously fair of a price you were paying? I actually think that Tagoo could charge more and it would still be a great deal.

I am not much of an island/beach person (but the wife is and that's why we came), but my experience here was outstanding enough to make me want to return to Mykonos just to visit Anna and Tagoo. And that is not an exaggeration.

In addition, I have to mention Jimmy, Anna's brother and Tagoo's amazing bartender, who tended to us during many fun-filled nights at the poolside bar. No matter how late we came home from dinner, we had to stop by and hang with Jimmy.

And although there is no true restaurant here, lunch (light fare: sandwiches and salads) at the poolside was excellent.

Even if Tagoo were not such an amazing value for the price, I would still be this enthusiastic about our experience here. The fact that it offers such bang-for-the-buck is just icing on the cake.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My first time to Mykanos and Tagoo was the highlight. Anna could not be more helpful or welcoming and I could not fault The hotel or the service. Spotlessly clean, easily accessible and great breakfast. Only reason it's not listed as 4 star is because it doesn't have a restaurant but in Mykanos that's not an issue. All recommendations by Anna were spot on. Stay here! Carl