“food with a view” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Karavaki Restaurant

Karavaki Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 215 Restaurants in Mykonos Town
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The best spot in Mykonos to enjoy a spetacular view of Mykonos town and the Aegean Sea is Karavaki restaurant! In a friendly and comforting atmosphere, a place of beautiful natural surroundings the guests can enjoy a delicious cuisine! Mediterranean, Greek and local dishes are prepared by particular attention and love by our experienced staff at the Karavaki restaurant!
uk
“food with a view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

stayed i hotel 2 nights in june. booked sunset view dinner 1st night and worth the effort. we were so impressed that we decided to dine 2nd night as well.best quality food at reasonable prices. my only complaint is portions are large so bear that in mind when ordering. starters are for sharing!

• Visited June 2013

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Romance in the air...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I have been to Mykonos 5 times, and I am so glad I came across this lovely restaurant situated above the main town. The beautiful thing about the restaurant is that you have a magnificent view of the Mykonos town and it is extremely private. The food was fabulous as the chef mixed traditional food with dazzling combinations which will make your mouth water.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank apoThessaloniki
HOBOKEN
“The Best Sunset View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had dinner here during our trip to Mykonos this past June. We had reservations for a sunset table. We were staying at the Mykonos Grand and Karavaki arranged a private pick up and drop us for us at no charge. Upon arrival we were welcomed like old friends and escorted to our table. Our table was private on a different level than the rest of the patrons dining. It was the perfect location to watch the sunset and enjoy a great meal. The restaurant even provided a salad on the house in-between our appetizer and entree as well as a complementary dessert. Our expectations were succeeded and we will always remember this special dinner. We highly recommend this be put on your Mykonos itinerary.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Amanda M
Houston, Texas
“Excellent Food. Better Service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I took my BF here for is 40th birthday celebration this past weekend. We made last minute reservations as we discovered that the restaurant we originally booked had terrible TA reviews. Karavaki was not only able to accomodate us on short notice, but the food was fantastic. I had the catch of the day, which was grouper, and the plate was a huge, thick piece of fish cooked to perfection, which is very difficult with fish that thick. Everyone else at the table raved about their meals, as well.

As if that wasn't enough, they went the extra mile to make him a birthday cake, which may have been the best sweet I've ever eaten. I tried to wheedle the ingredients out of our server, but she insisted it was a secret. :-) It has some sort of crunchy bottom, a caramel mousse-like middle, and a cream topping with fruit. OMG. so amazing.

The location is fantastic, too. After dark, the view looks down over the whole of the Hora, which is just amazingly beautiful. The daytime views would have been of the whole harbor, which would have been a delight. I'll go back for lunch just to see that.

I love this place, and I highly recommend it to anyone in Mykonos.

Visited July 2013
Bolton , England
“Not to be missed !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I picked this restaurant up from my Trip Advisor research before we left England which was fortunate as it’s unlikely you would stumble across this excellent restaurant based in Vencia Hotel.
It’s on a steep road out of town so I would recommend a taxi although luckily we were staying nearby.
You walk through the unassuming hotel to the reception desk where upon (a la Mr Ben) a young lady appeared from behind reception and showed us to a table on the outside terrace. It’s a beautiful setting to rival any in Mykonos. The outside tables are stepped on several terrace’s overlooking Mykonos Town bay. The atmosphere was very relaxing and a far cry from the very busy and often over crowded town centre restaurants.

We chose half a carafe of superb house rose whilst perusing the menu, I opted for the fillet steak with a pepper sauce (there’s a choice of sauces) which came with vegetables and homemade chips and my partner chose a whole grouper fish (new to her) served with veg. and rice. Both were absolutely superb and cooked to perfection.

Whilst waiting for our main meals we were given a free starter to share which again was excellent – feta and spinach wrapped in very light filo parcels.

Amazingly we were then given two free puddings to share which were both superb – pecan pie and fresh fruit and ice cream. This was washed down with another half carafe of rose. At 74 Euros in total this was by far the best meal we ate during our recent fortnights stay and certainly worth the effort hunting this hidden gem down.

• Visited July 2013